Recommend me a book

HookEm

14 hours ago, HookEm said:

Have read WWZ. Enjoyed it.  A friend was reading Ready Player One.  It is on my short list.

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

Warning for Ready Player One, if you are an above average reader, speed wise, you can finish it in a few hours.

While not really apocalyptic per se, The Expanse novels are set in a type of dystopian future and set across the galaxy plus on earth.

• 5 months later...
15 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

Hell at the Breech by Tom Franklin

Historical fiction about class warfare in 1890s Clarke County, Alabama.  Crazy shit really happened but the read is outstanding, like well aged whiskey.    A first novel but an outstanding one.

Also, anything by Nelson DeMille or John LeCarre. 

LeCarre via Audible is so damn mellifluous, written precisely for the Brit accent...reads well also. 

Edited by noharleyyet

On 4/5/2018 at 12:56 PM, HookEm said:

I generally like apocolyptic stuff. Anything of that sort?

Three Body Problem is the first of a large trilogy that I'm halfway through. Alien contact and they're coming to take over. It will take 400 years for them to get here.

Excellently written on the large and small scales. Not exactly a thriller page-turner, but fascinating and new.

Thanks for the rec on I Am Pilgrim. I just ordered it.