Justin Trudeau is a Piece of Shit

Anastasis

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Sure are A LOT of the usual suspects who seem to care more about JT wearing brown face once than...y'know, an entire political party in the United States being self-admitted white supremacists. 

Oh fuck off with that whole party shit. How hard is it going thru life that ignorant ??

14 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I don’t think anyone is talking about wearing cultural garb. The issue is JT painted his face as a costume. Just like it has been an issue for many in the United States. The difference is, when some people do it their entire careers should be ended. When others do it we should make light of it or just look the other way. 

Were you looking the other way when Alabama gov Kay Ivey (R) admitted to doing it or were you calling for her job?

ill wait.

• Like 2

Just now, Anastasis said:

This is the best. 

"What if he was blue and not black?  Did you think about that?"

Well, which is it?  If he’s a blue genie, he’s a blue genie, I guess kind of like that Disney character.

Maybe you can find a modern day color photo of it ?  I’m genuinely curious.

Also, how did it take this long for this photo to surface?  It appears based to be in some sort of booklet given the fold to the right and the next photo over.  I doubt it was made as a one-off gift for Justin, so there had to be others in circulation, perhaps thousands.  Nevermind not one of the four women, nor the photographer remembered the event that was only 14 years or so before he announced for their nation's highest office.  I'd remember if in 2005, I was at a party with a future governor or President who was in blackface and tried to choke out my girlfriend on camera.  

Maybe it was blue like Aladdin and this is all just a big misunderstanding. 

So queue up the Justin Funke meme, "I think I just blew myself."  

9 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don’t know that brown face has the same negative connotations as doing black face?

Yeah. I don't get this.

Calling him a pos is worse than donning brown face. 

This is getting stupid. 

And on NPR the journalist said the party attendees were "appropriating" costumes. Give me a fucking break. These are the same dipshits who got on Paul Simon for his appropriation of African music. Fuck them.

45 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Dude.  Think about what you were doing any month during 2001.  And then consider whether 2001 you would think it would be ok to paint your skin black or brown and put a turban on to go to a party themed Arabian Nights. 

Nah it's wrong for sure, I just thought he was attaching 9/11 significance to it.

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  The guy is wearing a turban with a gem on it.  Let’s not act like genie is so fucking crazy.  You REALLY want to both sides this one.  I get it.  No prob. 

Trudeau: I dressed up in an Aladdin costume and put makeup on. It was something that I didn’t think was racist at the time, but now I recognize, it was something racist to do.

ChiTown and Triple: Maybe he dressed up as the Genie costume and the makeup was blue. This seems totally reasonable. 

Anastasis: This is great stuff guys.  

I remember the UT frat that hosted "porter parties" getting rightfully blasted about blackface in the 1980's.  It's not like this was suddenly not cool in 2001, some sort of political correctness run amok.

My take is similar to my take on Al Franken -- it's a big negative.  Until I see politicians of all stripes devoid of big negatives across the board I'm not gonna bend over backwards to suggest this guy should lose his job over it.  I'd be far more concerned if there was a mountain of evidence that he's a piece of shit racist, you know, like President Trump.

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, that's a bad look all around. 

i'm far from expecting impeccable resumes from politicians, especially for stupid college day bullshit, but blackface is a known no-no.

The fact that his dad was Prime Minister makes it more inexcusable. He's always been in the public limelight. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Sure are A LOT of the usual suspects who seem to care more about JT wearing brown face once than...y'know, an entire political party in the United States being self-admitted white supremacists. 

The error you made here is in saying the entire party was self-ADMITTED. /onboard

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

The response this is getting on this board is about how you’d expect. Only in America would this be ok for some people and not ok for others of the same race. Really shows the priority of the day is outrage against political foe and not political correctness. 

Is it?  I skimmed through the entire thread and saw only one or two responses that could be construed as thinking this was "ok."

GTFO here with this.

And it's not about political correctness.  It goes way beyond that.  PC is the term used by those who wish to continue using racist or otherwise hateful stereotypes as a way of minimizing the effect it has.

• Like 1

Say your 10 year old son idolizes Jackie Robinson and wants to dress as him for Halloween.  Problem is your son is a pasty white ginger, and he wants to be realistic as possible.  Do you let him use the makeup?   Wear a wig?  His argument is the 42 and bat is not enough.  Valid point.   How do you explain to him he can't do this, but he can dress as the tin man and go with silver face?

This wasn't what we normally associate blackface with, this was a guy trying to pull off something more like a genie, or Valentino, not Sambo.  I think we should judge it case by case as to what they are trying to represent, not just do the knee jerk mob reaction.  Then you could argue it was a racist gesture towards Arabs, and have solid footing. 

I'm going to reserve judgement until someone gives me further background on this event and why he went like that.  

2 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Say your 10 year old son idolizes Jackie Robinson and wants to dress as him for Halloween.  Problem is your son is a pasty white ginger, and he wants to be realistic as possible.  Do you let him use the makeup?   Wear a wig?  His argument is the 42 and bat is not enough.  Valid point.   How do you explain to him he can't do this, but he can dress as the tin man and go with silver face?

This wasn't what we normally associate blackface with, this was a guy trying to pull off something more like a genie, or Valentino, not Sambo.  I think we should judge it case by case as to what they are trying to represent, not just do the knee jerk mob reaction.  Then you could argue it was a racist gesture towards Arabs, and have solid footing. 

I'm going to reserve judgement until someone gives me further background on this event and why he went like that.  

judgment

Regardless of this particular photo, it appears there may have been at least two other instances where he donned black/brown face for costume effect.  That's a problem.

3 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Am I the Prime Minister of Canada in this situation? Then no blackface, period. 

4 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

let's think through your scenario for a quick minute.

say your 10 year old son goes to school or for halloween with the 42 and bat, but no black face and no wig. when people ask him who he is, does he say "i'm trying to be jackie robinson, but my asshole dad wouldn't let me put on the blackface and the black wig."

how do you feel about him saying that, vs actually letting him don the blackface and the black wig? which side of that hypothetical would you rather be on?

let's now take a look at trudeau. he could have pulled off that costume without the brown face. he was doing that o be provocative and/or funny. congratulations. goal achieved.

sometimes confident people confidently do stupid shit.

3 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

All the dipshits who get so butthurt over this just show the moderates that the left really are a bunch of woke morons.

But wait...there's more...

OTTAWA—Another damaging image emerged Thursday morning of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, this one from the early 1990s with him wearing blackface, as revelations about the leader’s past have roiled an election campaign and threaten to deliver another body blow to Mr. Trudeau’s progressive image.

Mr. Trudeau’s Liberal Party confirmed to The Wall Street Journal the veracity of a video published by Canada’s Global News, in which Mr. Trudeau is wearing a T-shirt and dark shorts. He is raising his hands and sticking his tongue out. A party official said the video was taken some time in the early 1990s, but couldn't be more specific. Mr. Trudeau was born on Christmas Day in 1971.

trudeau_blackface_still.jpg?quality=70&s