Ted's Pain Cream

TwiceHorn

I keep hearing these ads on NPR, more precisely Dallas NPR, KERA, for the cutely named Ted's Pain Cream.

So, I decide I need to find out about Ted.  Well, Ted is a neuroscientist specializing in pain at UTD and he discovered that discredited nutrient/supplement resveratrol "turns down the volume" on regenerated nerves so that lingering "false pain" is reduced or nearly eliminated.

It's an interesting story, sounds kind of credible. More credible than CBD oil, for sure.   https://tedsbrainscience.com/pages/the-whole-story

Because a number of surlsters are posting on the CBD thread, I know that this is an issue for some of you.  It isn't for me.  So this is kind of a PSA and an inquiry as to whether anyone has tried it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

52 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I keep hearing these ads on NPR, more precisely Dallas NPR, KERA, for the cutely named Ted's Pain Cream.

So, I decide I need to find out about Ted.  Well, Ted is a neuroscientist specializing in pain at UTD and he discovered that discredited nutrient/supplement resveratrol "turns down the volume" on regenerated nerves so that lingering "false pain" is reduced or nearly eliminated.

It's an interesting story, sounds kind of credible. More credible than CBD oil, for sure.   https://tedsbrainscience.com/pages/the-whole-story

Because a number of surlsters are posting on the CBD thread, I know that this is an issue for some of you.  It isn't for me.  So this is kind of a PSA and an inquiry as to whether anyone has tried it.

Sounds kind of snake oily to me also.

And you shut your mouth on CBD. My grandpa was 90 and dying of cancer and AIDS. One dose of CBD oil and the doctor said he is indistinguishable from a 25 year old Olympic athlete. The next day he went to a Giants game and the Giants signed him to replace Eli Manning. Shurmur saw him in the stands and said that's our guy. He had never even played a down of football before. The first time that he was 25, he was short and slow. Now he is 6 ft 3 and runs a 4-3 forty. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Did you make this post just to share your shitty opinion on CBD oil?

I don't really have an opinion on CBD oil actually.  I don't have anything that it's supposedly useful for.

The reason I even mentioned it is that Ted also conducted research in cannabinoids.  And, the miscellaneous pain complaints on that thread, which this would also seem to address.

Fact is, there's little scientific evidence supporting CBDs efficacy.  That's also true of any number of things that people find effective for various things, like aloe vera. 

Also, you're a bit of a cocksucker.  But you knew that. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Sounds kind of snake oily to me also.

And you shut your mouth on CBD. My grandpa was 90 and dying of cancer and AIDS. One dose of CBD oil and the doctor said he is indistinguishable from a 25 year old Olympic athlete. The next day he went to a Giants game and the Giants signed him to replace Eli Manning. Shurmur saw him in the stands and said that's our guy. He had never even played a down of football before. The first time that he was 25, he was short and slow. Now he is 6 ft 3 and runs a 4-3 forty. 

Pure. Fucking. Gold.

Spot on.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Fact is, there's little scientific evidence supporting CBDs efficacy. 

Really?

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/cannabidiol-cbd-what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-2018082414476

(I'm sure you'll harp on the part about "more testing on humans is needed" and ignore the several studies that are cited.  Either way, there is plenty of scientific evidence that CBD works on a variety of problems, and there is probably more evidence coming.  Your blanket statement above is flat wrong.)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Really?

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/cannabidiol-cbd-what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-2018082414476

(I'm sure you'll harp on the part about "more testing on humans is needed" and ignore the several studies that are cited.  Either way, there is plenty of scientific evidence that CBD works on a variety of problems, and there is probably more evidence coming.  Your blanket statement above is flat wrong.)

But Tylenol, which destroys your liver, and has been proven to be a placebo, is ok with this lot.

11 hours ago, Deej said:

But Tylenol, which destroys your liver, and has been proven to be a placebo, is ok with this lot.

Well, gonna nit pick here: anything that destroys your liver is definitely not a placebo. We only use liquid ibuprofen, and I’ve scaled way back on that shit too. 

Looks like we are going to need TwiceHorn  to get a stinger or a touch of Sciatica and report back. 

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, gonna nit pick here: anything that destroys your liver is definitely not a placebo. We only use liquid ibuprofen, and I’ve scaled way back on that shit too. 

Looks like we are going to need TwiceHorn  to get a stinger or a touch of Sciatica and report back. 

Actually, I broke a collarbone and had a really sweet mallet finger that required surgery in December.   I had a touch of the hypersensitivity pain where they cut open my finger, stuck a screw in it and a K wire, which they unceremoniously yanked out in March.  But that has passed painwise.

I just have been lucky or whatever in not having chronic or lingering pain to much extent.  I know it's an issue for some folk though.

I actually had no idea that acetaminophen is largely ineffective.  I don't take it, mostly because alcohol doesn't need any help destroying my liver, but after a little googling I learned that although Tylenol might do a little to aleve (hmm) non-inflammatory pain or cut a fever, otherwise it's pretty much worthless.  No thanks to Ted and his CBD cream.

Edited by jimmyjazz

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I actually had no idea that acetaminophen is largely ineffective.  I don't take it, mostly because alcohol doesn't need any help destroying my liver, but after a little googling I learned that although Tylenol might do a little to aleve (hmm) non-inflammatory pain or cut a fever, otherwise it's pretty much worthless.  No thanks to Ted and his CBD cream.

Acetaminophen seems to work pretty well on headaches and since it isn't an NSAID, it doesn't pose the risk of stomach bleeding and heart attack. 

6 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

I like Aleve- does it to anything bad to you?

It will tear your stomach up. When I shattered my hand, they told me to take 2 Aleve twice a day, and gave me a prescription to some powerful meds to counteract the effect, because god forbid they give me an opiate.