Peaky F'ng Blinders season 5

MissingInAction

Dont worry no spoilers /notJuicy, but I couldnt wait for it to come to Netflix.

It is fucking tits as expected, and they really blew the budget. 

The sets and cinematography are feature film worthy. Juat incredible visuals and the story is as riveting as ever.

Enjoy

Edited by MissingInAction

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. 

And what happened to telling a complete story? Did they wrap up anything at all this season? Seems like they just introduced a bunch of complications and then left it at that. There's nothing wrong with setting things up for another season, but at least resolve something in the main story.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished up last night, and love it that the producers left so many unresolved plot lines. Oswald Mosley is a terrific villain. 

Spoiler

And it would have sucked to see his character eliminated or diminished after only one season. 

As mentioned by others, the music on this show is top notch. War Pigs was a great selection for that scene, as was this one by Idles:

I'll be curious to see when the next season starts given some of the "real" people in this show and what happened to them in history.  I didn't realize Brilliant Chang was a real person.

I think Michael is too obvious, but at the same time, if it is anyone else, it will feel like a cheat (Polly) or not weighty enough (Charlie, the soccer player guy, Churchill (ironically)).  I wonder if we are going to find out the Michael's wife has a familiar maiden name.  There is certainly a knowing glance between her and Mosely at the party.  I took it that they were just going to hook up.  I guess it may have been something else.  Chances she is in on it, but not Michael?  

The arc with the guy fixing the soccer matches was weird.  What is he so scared of the second time we see him when asked to go after referees?  Is he just not "in the life"?  I needed more there.  Rest of the season was great.  That arc was just incomplete somehow, or not flushed out enough at the start.  

I think we may have mentioned it in another thread, but it should be required that Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy star in a movie together at least every 2 years. Whatever it is, I’m in.

Love both those actors, would kill to have another season of Taboo with Cillian playing a guest role in it
  • Like 2

On 11/4/2019 at 5:30 PM, A-Tex Devil said:

The arc with the guy fixing the soccer matches was weird.  What is he so scared of the second time we see him when asked to go after referees?  Is he just not "in the life"?  I needed more there.  Rest of the season was great.  That arc was just incomplete somehow, or not flushed out enough at the start.  

I got the feeling from the last episode that he was there for a reason and part of the setup to everything that happened. I can’t remember what gave me that thought now, so maybe I’ll go back and watch it again.

9 hours ago, Brew said:

I got the feeling from the last episode that he was there for a reason and part of the setup to everything that happened. I can’t remember what gave me that thought now, so maybe I’ll go back and watch it again.

He grabs a phone right after Finn leaves the room like he is going to call someone after Finn blurts our they are going to kill a fascist.  Looked suspicious.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This show is great, but it's one that I wished I started when it was done, so I could plow through without the year long gaps in between.  With so few episodes per season, cliffhangers, and so long in between I won't remember much of anything for when the next season starts.  You basically need to binge the entire series before each season drops.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Wife and I finished last night, thinking there was one more, lol.

We got a late start and binged the entire series in the last month or so.  Fookin fantastic, eh!

Yeah the whole time I was watching the last episode I was also thinking there was still one more. Not sure how that happened. And yeah, I really, really wish we didn;t have to wait another fucking 15-18 months for the next round. FML.

On 11/4/2019 at 2:11 PM, Player said:

Finished up last night, and love it that the producers left so many unresolved plot lines. Oswald Mosley is a terrific villain.

Re: your spoilered comment, Oswald Mosley was a real person, and according to everything I've read, he is portrayed pretty accurately on PB. His son Max was a bit of a politician too, in his own way. He grew up to be a barrister and a racing driver. In the racing world he found a place where nobody seemed to know about his father or care about his family's past. He made it as high as Formula 2 as a driver, but realized his limited skills, retired, and became a founder of the March Engineering F1 team. He was elected President of international motorsport's governing body FISA  in 1986 (which later became the FIA). He stepped down as FIA prez in 2009.  He seems to have inherited Oswald's appetite for the ladies ... photos of him with 5 chicks were published in the News of the World when he was 68. He won a lawsuit against the paper for portraying it as a Nazi orgy and for violation of his privacy ... /csb.

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just binged the entire series in about three days.  All I want to do is smoke and drink whiskey.  All of the thoughts in my head are with an Irish accent.

Fantastic show, Alfie is an all time supporting character.  I don't know how people watch this without CC.  I turned it off for one scene to see if I could understand, and I literally couldn't make out on sentence.

I agree Gina is the most likely, but that also seems pretty obvious, so who knows.