Peaky F'ng Blinders season 5

MissingInAction

8 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Just binged the entire series in about three days.  All I want to do is smoke and drink whiskey.  All of the thoughts in my head are with an Irish accent.

Fantastic show, Alfie is an all time supporting character.  I don't know how people watch this without CC.  I turned it off for one scene to see if I could understand, and I literally couldn't make out on sentence.

I agree Gina is the most likely, but that also seems pretty obvious, so who knows.

Watching Narcos Mexico now  and I hate reading the captions all of the time, even though I only understand about 1/3 of what they are saying.  People said in GoT, they couldn't watch it without the captions on.   I never used them.

I liked learning Alfie's vernacular.  I like the feel of not understanding them at first and getting used to how they speak. 

Maybe I'm just fucked up that way. See also: Moved to SW Louisiana and some folks were like Ed O for the first couple of months. Then I moved to Houston metro and had a shit-ton of Indian/Pak customers that I eventually became very good at understanding.

Agreed that Alfie is an all-time great supporting character.

• 1 month later...

I'd been saving this for a while and finally watched it.

I thought it was quite a letdown compared to prior seasons.

First, you knew Oswald Mosely, as a real historical character, wasn't going to be killed.  Second, I just couldn't really get into the whole political thing.  It's a show about back street razor gangs, not MPs, and the political/violence angle was just too implied.

Watching Tommy and Arthur go slowly (more) insane is getting old.

It could be makeup, but Helen McCrory (Polly) has not aged well at all.  She's only like 52.  She outkicked her coverage with Damien Lewis.

Six fucking episodes with no resolution of all those plotlines.  Fuck. You.

My sense is that Fonzie is revving the bike.

Edited by TwiceHorn

10 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'd been saving this for a while and finally watched it.

I thought it was quite a letdown compared to prior seasons.

First, you knew Oswald Mosely, as a real historical character, wasn't going to be killed.  Second, I just couldn't really get into the whole political thing.  It's a show about back street razor gangs, not MPs, and the political/violence angle was just too implied.

Watching Tommy and Arthur go slowly (more) insane is getting old.

It could be makeup, but Helen McCrory (Polly) has not aged well at all.  She's only like 52.  She outkicked her coverage with Damien Lewis.

Six fucking episodes with no resolution of all those plotlines.  Fuck. You.

My sense is that Fonzie is revving the bike.

Didn't Fonzie jump the shark on water skis?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...