2020 WR Troy Omeire

texifornia

Spoiler

Troy Omeire grabbed the headlines on Friday as the normally quiet wide receiver pulled a shocker and flipped from Texas A&M to in-state rival Texas.

On multiple occasions, the Rivals100 wideout declared that his recruitment was shut down after pledging to Texas A&M over the summer during an official visit. However, the strong start to the 2019 season for Texas caught Omeire's attention and he put a lot of thought into his decision.

Omeire breaks down the flip with Rivals.

On the decision to flip: "My heart has always been with Texas. I chose Texas A&M because I'm a family-first person and that was where my mom really thought was best for me. It was difficult (to flip), but I had to do what's best for me."

On the reaction from the decision: "I told close friends and family and coaches, and they supported me. I don't really care what the outside world had to say because they're not living my life."

On what he's seen from Texas this season: "Freshman Jake Smith is already scoring and they have two big outside receivers catching jump balls."

On why Texas was the right move: "My goal is to go to college and make plays immediately and contribute to the team as a freshman, and I feel that I can do that at Texas."

On the continued push from the staff: "The Texas coaches didn't really have to do much because the film did most of the talking. They throw the ball up to their big guys and I feel as if I can fit in well."

RIVALS REACTION

Omeire says his recruitment is over with, which echoes the same sentiment after he committed to Texas A&M. Both the Horns and Aggies had jockeyed for position at the top for Omeire for months. In the spring, he was leaning toward A&M and after, Texas had momentum. His decision to pledge to the Aggies in June was a bit earlier than anticipated, but not a shocker at all.

Flipping to Texas came out of left field, but it certainly makes sense. Texas loves big, physical receivers and they are making use of them this season. That grabbed Omeire's attention in a big way. I expect him to visit Austin a few more times before the season is over with and this commitment should stick barring some unforeseen drama. It's a huge in-state victory on the trail for the Texas staff.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:
  Hide contents

Troy Omeire grabbed the headlines on Friday as the normally quiet wide receiver pulled a shocker and flipped from Texas A&M to in-state rival Texas.

On multiple occasions, the Rivals100 wideout declared that his recruitment was shut down after pledging to Texas A&M over the summer during an official visit. However, the strong start to the 2019 season for Texas caught Omeire's attention and he put a lot of thought into his decision.

Omeire breaks down the flip with Rivals.

On the decision to flip: "My heart has always been with Texas. I chose Texas A&M because I'm a family-first person and that was where my mom really thought was best for me. It was difficult (to flip), but I had to do what's best for me."

On the reaction from the decision: "I told close friends and family and coaches, and they supported me. I don't really care what the outside world had to say because they're not living my life."

On what he's seen from Texas this season: "Freshman Jake Smith is already scoring and they have two big outside receivers catching jump balls."

On why Texas was the right move: "My goal is to go to college and make plays immediately and contribute to the team as a freshman, and I feel that I can do that at Texas."

On the continued push from the staff: "The Texas coaches didn't really have to do much because the film did most of the talking. They throw the ball up to their big guys and I feel as if I can fit in well."

RIVALS REACTION

Omeire says his recruitment is over with, which echoes the same sentiment after he committed to Texas A&M. Both the Horns and Aggies had jockeyed for position at the top for Omeire for months. In the spring, he was leaning toward A&M and after, Texas had momentum. His decision to pledge to the Aggies in June was a bit earlier than anticipated, but not a shocker at all.

Flipping to Texas came out of left field, but it certainly makes sense. Texas loves big, physical receivers and they are making use of them this season. That grabbed Omeire's attention in a big way. I expect him to visit Austin a few more times before the season is over with and this commitment should stick barring some unforeseen drama. It's a huge in-state victory on the trail for the Texas staff.

smart kid, and thank you for the goods

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

He is not a bitch indeed.  Love to see him get some targets this seasons and good to see him move the chains on Saturday.  Wonder if he could be what Malcolm Epps should have been.  

Epps is listed as TE currently at SC btw.  It's the right position for a guy his size.  For his sake hope he learned to not get manhandled by 5-11 guys.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Epps is listed as TE currently at SC btw.  It's the right position for a guy his size.  For his sake hope he learned to not get manhandled by 5-11 guys.  

12 different players registered receptions for USC Saturday. In shocking news Epps was not one of them. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I think stone hands Jake Smith is with USC too, unless he portal’d again

He disappeared from their roster this spring but hasn’t shown up in the portal either. Maybe his foot never healed right?

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You will wear the shame of your Trey Omeire proclamation of dominance the way your idol, Eric Nahlin, wears his cologne - stinky and soaked, sir. 

Holy crap you’re mad he proved you wrong with this brilliant performance on an out route. I heard Justin wells said he’s a young megatron!!!!

769BEB8A-ECD4-4067-B1CB-277011E3325C.jpeg

7B3FA4AA-5DA3-4587-AE77-E75088C809D2.jpeg