General Gun Owners Thread (questions, discussions)

ROFL BOX

I looked through this sub-forum & didn't find anything gun specific outside of the occasional discussion in the  hunting threads, so... here we are.

My current issue is my Remington 1187 Super Magnum, 12 ga.  I have had it for over 20 years now & only recently started using it again; I had a limited availability to shoot & now have gotten the time & opportunities to go out.  The problem is in finding appropriate loads.  This gun apparently takes High Brass & "High Velocity" or "Max Dram" are the same thing.  A "regular" dove, waterfowl or skeet load won't cycle through & I get a shell hung up to where I have to take off the stock, barrel & plug so the unused shells will come forward through the plug tube.

I ordered some Fiocchi Waterfowl 3" 1-1/8oz. #3 Steel Shot Ammo & also Browning Dove & Clay 2-3/4" 1oz. #8 Shot Ammo, both from AmmoToGo.com.

The rep I spoke to said both qualified as the type that would cycle correctly... shells arrived in perfect order... took both boxes out back for some shots & the Fiocchi does fine.  Tested well, went through 1/2 a box & not really any need to go further.

The Browning shells?  Locked upon the 1st shot.  I was short on time, so after I disassembled, removed the fouled shell & reassembled, I had other shit to do.  I will go after a totally different box & try that out, but I'm not feeling confident.

Thoughts?

19 minutes ago, fluff said:

Rox, are high brass the only shells you are putting through it?  Go get some Remington Heavy Dove loads in the Green and Florescent Orange box at Academy and see if they cycle.

1.  This entire thread needs to be nuked - I erred & didn't see the other one for "General Gun Owners".  Poor search = poor results, I guess.
2.  Yeah, those generics hang up.  The Heavy Dove don't do shit for this gun.  See other thread for futher info.

Thx.

PS:  You allowed to shoot off your back fence?
PPS:  Hows the birds moving in your area?  Sucks for me, so far.