Malcolm Epps

Sgt Hulk

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So we should just keep playing the guy with no ball skills who can't get off the line and can't be bothered to block? 

I was into the bourbon but I swear I saw two long bombs to him where he didn’t extend his arms to even attempt to have the ball hit his hands. It felt like I was watching someone try to “catch” a football for the first time in their life.

I was into the bourbon but I swear I saw two long bombs to him where he didn’t extend his arms to even attempt to have the ball hit his hands. It felt like I was watching someone try to “catch” a football for the first time in their life.

On the first, he drifted inside a step or two. If he had kept going, Sam’s throw would have hit him in stride. On the second, he stuck a paw out without any attempt to find and secure the ball.

He looks like MJ McFarland out there.

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

More accurate to say the bourbon was into you, amirite?

11 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yes.  He had 29 catches in his first 2 years.  39 in the reg season last year with the extra game.  Only now is he getting a lot of burn.  It took him almost 3 years to learn how to run a fucking WR screen as he used to run right into the defender almost every time.  You don't really think much, do you.

His first 2 years he had injured Shane and DerpSam throwing to him, and he was also horribly underutilized. Last year & this year he finally has a solid offensive system and MegaSam throwing to him and he can really shine. If you thought he was just a shitty receiver his first 2 years here you could be a moron. 

• 3 weeks later...

I watched some "highlights" against Okie lite, and this motherfucker loafs around. Not even caring. Doesn't block. It panned to a shot of him after a play of on the other side for some reason, and he was just jogging while the Okie lite dB was pushing him around. Why isn't he with aggy? Why do we deserve this dude?

3 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

He had a couple of catches Saturday. He always looks like he’s lacking confidence. I’m solely basing that off of his body language. Looks like he’s slumping his shoulders al the time. Maybe it’s just the shoulder pads.

Confidence? Sam literally had to show him how to catch a football. That's called he sucks. 

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

would much rather see what washingtnon or lewis could do with those reps.  epps is scared to death to get hit and looks scared to be in the game.

The writing was on the wall once it was somewhat known that he couldn't put on weight or be physical enough for TE. Tjhe shit for brains WR coach keeps persisting but at some point they'll have to scrap him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 11:32 PM, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah. To me, the most damning thing is what a shitty blocker he is. There’s no excuse for being as bad as he is at blocking. With his size and even decent effort, it would be hard to not be at least an ok blocker. He might be the worst blocker on the entire team outside of kickers and punters. 

Oh and he runs a 4.8. 

Still don't understand why Herman doesn't step in and change the WR rotations.  Epps size near goal line is worth a play or two -- otherwise get this Epps-Joker off the Damn Field!!

Texas has much better WR talent on the sidelines than Epps.  Marcus Washington and Jake need more reps.  Don't be afraid to line up Duvernay at x-wr a few plays to get Jake on the field more.  Is Woodard ever gonna see the field again??

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

I thought Woodard was injured or something.

Foot injury.... had surgery in summer (June) but was expected back in September.

"Woodard suffered a broken foot and is expected to be out for the next several months, per a report from 247Sports Taylor Estes. The school later confirmed the news.  According to the report, Woodard’s foot injury will require surgery, and given the initial outlook, he isn’t expected to be cleared in time for the season-opening showdown with Louisiana Tech on Aug. 31."

https://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2019/6/7/18656953/alvonte-woodard-injury-surgery-texas-longhorns-football-2019

Edited by LTtxfan

• 10 months later...
2 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

true-- I meant it more as, terrific athlete who can't do much with his athleticism. 

He’s not a terrific athlete though, he’s just tall. His testing numbers are terrible, and I doubt he’s killing it in the weight room.
He’s just not very good, and that’s especially true if he’s not willing to be physical and learn how to block. No one needs a finesse, receiving only TE that can’t run a sub 5.0 forty. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

He’s not a terrific athlete though, he’s just tall. His testing numbers are terrible, and I doubt he’s killing it in the weight room.
He’s just not very good, and that’s especially true if he’s not willing to be physical and learn how to block. No one needs a finesse, receiving only TE that can’t run a sub 5.0 forty. 

Yep.  He's a terrific athlete compared to the general population, but amongst his peers, DI football players, he's not.  The only time he can shine is if he's left uncovered and the QB throws it too high.  

I have no ill will toward him and it's probably for the best on all accounts. You've just got to be good at something. You can be little and weak so long as you're fast. You can be big and slow so long as you're strong. You can struggle blocking so long as you can go catch passes.

What you can't do is be a big, slow, non-blocking TE who can't beat DBs. I hope he lands on his feet if the rumor mill is true.

• 7 months later...