Looking for drone recommendation

Looking to buy a drone in the 800 to 1100 USD range...

Someone recomended DJI Mavic Pro Collapsible Quadcopter 

https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Collapsible-Quadcopter-Starters-Backpack/dp/B01M3NTMJR/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=dji+mavic+pro&qid=1569127362&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Not sure if this is the best option, any experts that can help?

I picked up a DJI Mavic Air last Thursday.  Got the fly more bundle (with 3 batteries) at Best Buy for $899.  I was also considering the DJI Mavic Pro which is now about the same price. I bought one strictly as a "toy."  So far, its been a lot of fun and the video quality is amazing.  Would really like a thermal one to use for hog eradication purposes, but the cheapest (Parrot Anafi Thermal) is about $2k and I wasn't willing to drop that amount of coin on one for now.

• 1 year later...

Adding the DJI Mini 2 to the Christmas list this year. Will probably only use as a toy, maybe for family gathering photos and to look at the neighborhood during floods etc. 

Combo pack with extra batteries is $599.  Just light enough to be under the FAA requirements, but still has 4K camera and 31 minutes flight time. 

• 1 month later...

Loving the DJI mini 2 so far. Bought the combo pack with extra batteries etc. One of the extra batteries does not work, but I’m sending that back for a replacement.  Flight time is probably a bit exaggerated, especially when flying on sport mode but the quality of the video and images are great and it’s  beginner friendly.

Oldest son gave me a Holy Stone HS 200.  I wanted something to furk around with to see if I want another one or not.  Really, hadn't done anything with yet other than unbox and look it over.  Flight time isn't much, which is good that way I won't to walk as far to go find the damn thing when I wreck it.  It's going with me to Zap County when I leave today.

• 2 months later...

So I found a drone recently. It has what I think is an FAA license number written on it.  Anyone know a way to lookup the owner?  

I’m willing to do a little work to get this back to the owner because it’s an expensive toy and I lost a drone a few years ago, so I know the feels. 

But assuming my quest is fruitless how hard is it to get a replacement remote?  Its a DJI magic.

• 4 weeks later...
So I found a drone recently. It has what I think is an FAA license number written on it.  Anyone know a way to lookup the owner?  

I’m willing to do a little work to get this back to the owner because it’s an expensive toy and I lost a drone a few years ago, so I know the feels. 

But assuming my quest is fruitless how hard is it to get a replacement remote?  Its a DJI magic.

DJI Mavic. Possibly an "Air" as the "Air 2" has a software thingie that makes it stop & return to home (where you launched) if it goes too far.

Usually on the side there is a serial # (not related to the FAA) & DJI might be able to contact the last person who the SN was registered to.

- Original buyer if it hasn't been resold.
- current owner if it had been resold in the last 2 yeats.

The SN should also be under the battery compartment.

Pic of drone?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Well I pulled the chip and watched the video.  I was able to locate the owner by identifying where it took off from.  

On a side note the last video was from July.  So either the owner flew it a bunch without recording or this thing sat on a roof for 8 months through sun and rain and the freeze.  The thing still powered up when i presssed some buttons.  

16 hours ago, Enchubben said:

https://www.dji.com/mobile/air-2s?gclid=CjwKCAjwjuqDBhAGEiwAdX2cj0pDR7QkOnpLsdaW0kvXIpnFdpeZvxS2mD9MrcySMR7JaN75_JVBfRoCOWQQAvD_BwE

The new DJI Air 2s looks awesome btw. 12km video transmission, obstacle sensing, master shots, Active track. 

I wish they had optical (not software) Zoom capabilities without needing to start a Ponzi Scheme (with or without the involvement of gold bullion) to afford one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 8:34 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

I am thinking about selling my Mavic 2.  Just not using it as much as I thought I would.

Send me a PM.  List what you have, maybe include a pic?  If you include your phone # I will message you.