NCAA Week 5

NowThis

Tread carefully on KSt OkSt. The Wildcats offensive line sure looked impressive at Miss State. They're gonna run the fuck out of the ball against the Pokes. 

Might play the AZ State money line over Cal Friday night as an appetizer. The total in that game, btw is 40. Can't imagine there have been too many Pac 12 games with a total that low in a long ass time. 

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

that's 5 dimes.  But I thought their max payout was $150,000 per ticket.  Maybe that''s changed.   Hedging is a great idea obviously, even if the guy only puts down $10k or less.

there's also the nasty thing of 'rollover' that websites. do. IIRC that means the bettor has to bet $500k worth to retrieve his $500k winnings off that tiny bet. Is that correct? asking some of you experts.

Edited by NowThis

9 hours ago, TornACL said:

Tread carefully on KSt OkSt. The Wildcats offensive line sure looked impressive at Miss State. They're gonna run the fuck out of the ball against the Pokes.

I'm not so sure.  They only put up 269 total yards against Miss St.  K St only scored 31 because they had a kickoff return TD and a takeaway just outside Miss St's red zone that they punched in.  They also turned the ball over 3 times.  And Miss St isn't very good.

I still think K State could finish 8th to 10th in the conference.  They smell like a complete fraud to me.

Okie St 45, K St 24.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I'm not so sure.  They only put up 269 total yards against Miss St.  K St only scored 31 because they had a kickoff return TD and a takeaway just outside Miss St's red zone that they punched in.  They also turned the ball over 3 times.  And Miss St isn't very good.

I still think K State could finish 8th to 10th in the conference.  They smell like a complete fraud to me.

Okie St 45, K St 24.

I view losing 2 muffed punts and fumbling a 3rd down interception return more as bad luck than anything, since it's not the offense turning the ball over and surely the team can find somebody else to field kicks. Winning a game on the road despite all of that tells me they are a solid football team. MSU isn't great, but they aren't terrible, either. I think KSU beats OSU on a neutral field, but at night on the road, I don't think the spread is big enough to feel comfortable betting on them.

5 hours ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

I view losing 2 muffed punts and fumbling a 3rd down interception return more as bad luck than anything, since it's not the offense turning the ball over and surely the team can find somebody else to field kicks. Winning a game on the road despite all of that tells me they are a solid football team. MSU isn't great, but they aren't terrible, either. I think KSU beats OSU on a neutral field, but at night on the road, I don't think the spread is big enough to feel comfortable betting on them.

This is kind of where I am. I wouldn't feel good pulling the trigger either way. One thing you could definitely argue on the other side is that KSt hasn't seen anything on defense like they're about to see in the oSu offense. 

Miss St qb starter played hurt before he was pulled and sailed passes over open receivers. 

- Notre Dame left everything on the field against Georgia.  Assuming they finally got out of the mat in Athens not sure how much they'll have this weekend against a decent UVA team. Lean UVA.

- SMU just won a mini Super Bowl.  For 7 years in a row TCU had murdered them.   Sweet win for the Ponies but they have no veteran leadership on that team so they are primed for a letdown.  But Charley's team is garbage so it won't surprise if the Ponies cover.

- Wisco is going to disembowel NW. Lay the 23.5.   NW is garbage this season and there's payback from last season in Evanston.  Chryst isn't one to forget those things.

- It's okay to fade UCLA again.  Sumlin has arizona playing pretty well and the Bruins aren't facing that arrogant clown Leach this weekend.

- Utah

18 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

- Notre Dame left everything on the field against Georgia.  Assuming they finally got out of the mat in Athens not sure how much they'll have this weekend against a decent UVA team. Lean UVA.

- SMU just won a mini Super Bowl.  For 7 years in a row TCU had murdered them.   Sweet win for the Ponies but they have no veteran leadership on that team so they are primed for a letdown.  But Charley's team is garbage so it won't surprise if the Ponies cover.

- Wisco is going to disembowel NW. Lay the 23.5.   NW is garbage this season and there's payback from last season in Evanston.  Chryst isn't one to forget those things.

- It's okay to fade UCLA again.  Sumlin has arizona playing pretty well and the Bruins aren't facing that arrogant clown Leach this weekend.

- Utah

UVA rallied from being down 17-0 to beat Old Dominion, so they probably left a lot out on the field also.

I'm taking the points (+23) with Arkansas this weekend.  Arkansas has only lost by this number once in the 10 consecutive prior years this game has been played and that was in 2012 in College Station.  Since the game has moved to Dallas (the last 5 years) they have been close including 3 OTs.    All this while on paper Aggy has had a much better team year in and year out.  I know Arky is trash but I am not sure aggy is much better. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sidis said:

currently kicking around...

ou -27.5

clemson - 27 (makes me nervous)

ohio state -17

aub -9.5 (also makes me nervous)

wisc -7 at end of 1st quarter

over 14 at end of 1st quarter for bama/ole miss.

100 to pay $4,284.

Well fuck you too Wisconsin. Fucking face mask on a punt on 4th and 11? Clowns.