Texas @ WVU will be at 2:30 Central on 10/5 - ABC

Machinator

PGH is an incredible city! My oldest lives there. Lots of good recs already in this thread.  I’d add a stroll around Point State Park & Grandview Park has a great view of the city. The funiculars also give you great night time cityscape views. I also like the Andy Warhol Museum.

Pro tip: the subway is free to ride in the downtown sector 

19 hours ago, Lobo said:

It was 2015 we went.  Flight up was great, though it left at the asscrack of dawn.......5:30a I think.  Landed in Pittsburgh.  The Drive was actually quite pretty.  Their fans and pre-game were fun as shit.  Ended up in an unmarked van with no widows from their main sports bar up to the gates (courtesy of their athletic department and/or serial killer research center).  Game was fun, but obviously we got the shit beat out of us).  Downside though was running up this huge hill to buy beer for the bus ride back to airport.  Half our group fell down and injured themselves.  Then we get to Pittsburgh airport and had to wait probably 2 solid hours for our bird to be cleared.  Only good part about that was band got the security personnel so busy, we just casually carried on probably a full case a beer between the four of us.  I think we literally got home to bed in Austin around 3:00am.  Long day, but really fun group of fans.  But it's beyond me how a Southwest bird can land at a particular runway, but can't take off from the same airport due to weight shifts.  I mean, we all took a moonshine shit before liftoff.  

aircraft tend to land lighter due to burning most of their fuel during the flight.  when taking off you are loaded with enough fuel to reach your destination, that added weight increases the distance needed to reach takeoff speed.

49 minutes ago, hornimal said:

aircraft tend to land lighter due to burning most of their fuel during the flight.  when taking off you are loaded with enough fuel to reach your destination, that added weight increases the distance needed to reach takeoff speed.

Makes sense.  That’s what we drunkenly figured for WVU and certainly was the case for OSU when we landed at Stillwater but had to get a bus to oKC to take off on Southwest.  I think we even had a hickup for Iowa State same way with Des Moines back in 2013.  Probably southwests way of telling me and my guest to lose some weight.  

4 hours ago, TexasPride10 said:

Sam circled this game as soon as last year's game ended in Austin. I'm not worried. 

I would agree except that Sam doesn't play DB.  if the DL and Backers bring their A game I see a 17-20 point win.  if not, closer to 7.  Brown will be throwing the kitchen sink. the 38-7 smoking by Mizzou has me feeling pretty good though. any win is a good win any time in Morgantown.

Edited by dcar00
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, dcar00 said:

I would agree except that Sam doesn't play DB.  if the DL and Backers bring their A game I see a 17-20 point win.  if not, closer to 7.  Brown will be throwing the kitchen sink. the 38-7 smoking by Mizzou has me feeling pretty good though. any win is a good win any time in Morgantown.

True, but my main point was that Sam is the leader of the team, and if the leader of the team has been chomping at the bit for an entire year to get payback on those toothless, horns down, sister-fuckers, then he will likely have the entire team ready to play at a high level. 

12 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

I kinda liked West Virginia in that hey, I'm not a fan but they're a cool team to watch occasionally way before they joined the conference.

Now, fuck 'em.

Same. I honestly don't understand their fan base at all. One of my best friends went to WVU, and he absolutely hates Texas with a passion and I can't think of a good reason why. I think when they came into the Big 12, they just thought it was their job to hate us. The funny thing is we've been in the worst years of our program's history since they joined the conference, and they've been in arguably the best years of their program's history, and they've still barely managed to beat us every other year. I have a feeling they're all about to get real quiet for a real long time now that we're back up and they're back down. 

Edited by TexasPride10
typo

16 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

Same. I honestly don't understand their fan base at all. One of my best friends went to WVU, and he absolutely hates Texas with a passion and I can't think of a good reason why. I think when they came into the Big 12, they just thought it was their job to hate us. The funny thing is we've been in the worst years of our program's history since they joined the conference, and they've been in arguably the best years of their program's history, and they've still barely managed to beat us every other year. I have a feeling they're all about to get real quiet for a real long time now that we're back up and they're back down. 

Yeah, I'm really going to enjoy watching actual GOOD Texas teams shut them up.

Edited by utee94

18 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I fall for this shit all the time. After the coaching debacle and fuck ups against OSU this one will be closer than it should.  It should be 45-13. But the Herman tax and 3rd string secondary learning curve is more like 38-27. This WVU hex shit is annoying.  Give me 60-0 and fuck their sister wives in the toothless faces 

I believe the preferred nomenclature is gumfucking.

14 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

I kinda liked West Virginia in that hey, I'm not a fan but they're a cool team to watch occasionally way before they joined the conference.

Now, fuck 'em.

I remember sporting a fresh $5 tee from whatever that cheap collegiate store was in West Oaks Mall (Barry something) for a couple of months after both the WVU and Boise State fiesta games against ou. 

20 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m still not confident we can get consistent pressure. 

Pressure will be the weakness of the D a lot this year. Personnel pretty much mandates that because none of our corners can be trusted without safety help, so we’re going to have to sacrifice extra numbers rushing for help over the top, especially against OU where we’ll be without Green and Thompson and will have to have guys be ready to contain Hurts.

Our DL played really well against OSU, but we don’t have that edge rusher who can get consistent pressure on 3rd and long right now. Ossai might be able to be that guy, but we need Juwan Mitchell to keep developing so we can have him and Shark play off ball LB to free up Ossai to rush more often. Facing less hyper spread offenses this year should allow us to play some more 3 LB schemes, which will free Ossai up to rush more.

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Pressure will be the weakness of the D a lot this year. Personnel pretty much mandates that because none of our corners can be trusted without safety help, so we’re going to have to sacrifice extra numbers rushing for help over the top, especially against OU where we’ll be without Green and Thompson and will have to have guys be ready to contain Hurts.

Our DL played really well against OSU, but we don’t have that edge rusher who can get consistent pressure on 3rd and long right now. Ossai might be able to be that guy, but we need Juwan Mitchell to keep developing so we can have him and Shark play off ball LB to free up Ossai to rush more often. Facing less hyper spread offenses this year should allow us to play some more 3 LB schemes, which will free Ossai up to rush more.

The scheme definitely isn't going to make our numbers look good in terms of stuff like "sack rate". If we get pressure like we did against Oklahoma State only bringing 3 or 4 it's going to be tough to complain though. 

The DL dominated Oklahoma State's OL in pass pro in the 4th. Probably the reason we won that game. 

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Ok I'll be that guy... redshirt possibility? With the news about Roschon, I could see it. Let him get healthy. Our RB room isn't exactly stocked but we've got numbers right now. Plus it's not a given that he stays at the position. The tough part would be figuring out which 4 games to use him in. 

1 hour ago, MrPhlegm said:

West Oaks Mall?

in Ocoee?

Westheimer and 6 in Houston. 

16 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Ok I'll be that guy... redshirt possibility? With the news about Roschon, I could see it. Let him get healthy. Our RB room isn't exactly stocked but we've got numbers right now. Plus it's not a given that he stays at the position. The tough part would be figuring out which 4 games to use him in. 

Westheimer and 6 in Houston. 

If he's healthy, he's playing. He won't redshirt.

• Machinator changed the title to Texas @ WVU will be at 2:30 Central on 10/5 - ABC