RIP Andre Emmett

Goo Punch

12 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Aside from his family, Coach Beard and Coach Knight have to be devastated about this. They turned that boy into a man and thought very highly of him. I never heard a bad thing about Dre. I hope they dedicate this season to him.

I forgot that he was close to Beard as well as the Knights

Stay Hard, Andre

He was 37.

Around 2:30 a.m., Emmett was "approached by two unknown suspects as he sat in his vehicle in front of his residence in the 1800 block of N. Prairie Avenue. The suspects displayed a handgun and an altercation ensued, during which the victim was shot as he ran away from the suspects," Dallas police said in a statement.

A passerby saw Emmett several-hundred feet from his home and called 911. Emmett was transported a hospital, where he died, Dallas police said. Witnesses told police they saw two suspects flee the scene after getting into a white Chrysler 300. 

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

shot him in the back as he ran. fucking cowards. this is as low as it gets. totally fucking senseless. he was so fun to watch play, and as an avid watcher of the NCAA dunk contest every year, I'll never forget Emmett winning the whole thing by jumping over something like 8 people at one time. dude had a lot of game, but he had just as much charisma. so, so sad for him and his loved ones. 

If i remember correctly, Dre and Coach Knight got a lil sideways on the rules that were to be followed. Knight gave Andre 1 chance to stay with the program and he had to complete some insane conditioning drill within 24 hours. He completed it and became the Man on campus for the rest of his career. Guns Up Andre. RIP

53 minutes ago, DonnyKerabatsos said:

If i remember correctly, Dre and Coach Knight got a lil sideways on the rules that were to be followed. Knight gave Andre 1 chance to stay with the program and he had to complete some insane conditioning drill within 24 hours. He completed it and became the Man on campus for the rest of his career. Guns Up Andre. RIP

It was something like a thousand sets of lines. They totaled up the distance to be more than a marathon or something ridiculous.  The other guy that got in trouble quit the first day, Andre made it. 

It was Nick Valdez and Dre and, from what I remember, they missed a shootaround before a road game in Austin. Knight told them they could rejoin the team after running 1500 full court sprints over 48 hours or something like that. Valdez immediately quit the team, and Dre did his punishment because he didn't want to disappoint his momma or his teammates.

26 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Fellow player from high school days? Tech? pro days?

Details are short, but that's some coward shit all the ways through on multiple levels.  Just wondering from what part of his past this cat was from.

Fellow player as in someone who played in some of the Dallas leagues with him.

• Like 1

All of these stories keep saying he was confronted in front of his Prairie Ave house but that's not correct. He lived in the townhomes on Bennett Ave and the surveillance footage confirms that. I'm guessing he fled south towards Fitzhugh in an attempt to get away from these guys and the 1800 block of Prairie Ave was where his body was found. That area used to be my hood. It's classic Dallas gentrification where a run down shack is right up next to a $5mil set of townhomes. There's lots of property crime in the area, especially during the summer. It wasn't uncommon to wake up in the morning to see windows smashed and trucks missing their tailgates. Usually happened around 2 to 4 in the morning. I wonder if it's those guys responsible or if someone planned this out.

Either way, rest in peace. Don't watch his Instagram story floating around because it will break your heart.

spacer.png

Little bit of Ferris Bueller here but, something I heard was Andre had given a large some of money to someone as a business venture. The person then ghosted Andre/took off with the money. Andre had the guy tracked and beaten down in an attempt to get money back. Said dude then had this shooting arranged as payback.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

There may be more to this story than was originally rumored. 

https://www.fox4news.com/video/613510

Man. My hope is that the second guy is smart enough/gets good enough advice to lawyer up and flip on the shooter. That way he only gets 20 instead of life, and we can finally bury this other POS underneath the jail. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...