Survivor: Island of the Idols

pied

I have no doubt that there are side deals when we see Survivor All Star seasons but it seems inherently unfair to stick Rob and Sandra on an island together for a month leading up to an All Star season. 

I hope they keep the higher prize value that they're offering this season.  2m instead of 1m. The prize has diminished so much over time because of inflation. The 1m from 2000 is basically worth 667K now.  Hatch basically won the most money in a single season.

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

Meh finale for a very meh season, with another completely worthless twist.  How telling is it that the person who won never went to Island of the Idols until they were all forced to live there.  Lessons from Rob and Sandra were so helpful that everyone who got one lost.   

Of the finalists, I thought Dean made the best argument to win, in spite of his blunder of saying that he hadn't made any finals pacts when he actually had made several.  I don't think he intentionally lied, I think he simply forgot under the pressure of being grilled.  Maybe that undermined his entire résumé, but I did not feel that it did.  I did think that both Dean and Tommy did well in final tribal, which is rare. 

I feel bad for Kellee.  Dan's behavior directly led to her being voted off. 

I'm not sure I have any interest in seeing more Sandra and Boston Rob, so I may skip next season.

Meh finale for a meh season. I FF through most of it aside from the comps and a little bit of the final tribal. And the "twist" was indeed a flop again.

As for the All Star season, I think it has potential side deals are obviously going to happen as they all have some sort of relationship in the real world but it's really no different that the MTV Challenge that deals with the same thing every year. 

Even before the announcement of the $2M prize I am sure some of those "side deals" weren't written in blood and some will be broken. 

And Parvati still looks damn good.