Joker movie Mass Shooting Threat in Travis County

wood

It's been posted over in the Joker movie thread, but I think deserves to be in front of as many local eyeballs as possible. 

Apparently the FBI & TCSO have info relating to a credible mass shooting threat in an unknown local theater or theaters. 

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/shooting-threat-at-joker-movie-premiere-spurs-warning-from-army-criminal-investigation-command-1.600375

An Army Criminal Investigation Command memo issued Monday put commanders at Fort Sill, Okla., on notice about an intelligence bulletin that said a Texas law enforcement agency working with the FBI had discovered “disturbing and very specific chatter in the dark web” about the possible targeting of an unknown theater for a mass shooting during the Oct. 4 release.

u3mvpm6d2oo31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by wood

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was assuming Travis County law enforcement had discovered a plot to commit a mass shooting in Oklahoma.  Is this not correct?

I don't think so. It looks like TCSO &  the FBI discovered it while working together, and TCSO published a bulletin about it, which Army CID at Ft. Sill got ahold of.

The memorandum states that "The Fort Sill CID Office received an intelligence bulletin regarding a credible potential mass shooting to occur at an unknown movie theatre during the release of the new Joker movie scheduled on October 4, 2019."

Travis County Sheriff's Office, who published this bulletin, worked with the local FBI branch and "discovered disturbing and very specific chatter in the dark web regarding the targeting of an unknown movie theatre during the Joker release," as stated in the memorandum.

7 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Am I the only cynical person who thinks this is WBs (or whoever the fuck owns the bat) sick and twisted attempt at marketing? You know... Sort of the "thrill" in seeing it?

Maybe, you are the only one. Because what marketing manager and executives are going to want to go to jail for the hoax.

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

You're right. Who in the history of ever has done something illegal to profit more off their work? Crazy talk...

You really think a whole team of workers are going to make up a hoax so that their product (The Joker Movie) sells better in the box office? Not only is it counter-intuitive, it could put the employees in jail and cost the movie company millions in lawsuits.

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

Fuck attending hyped movies on the opening weekend. If I get gunned down in a theater watching a flick, it will be because the gunman hates opening weekend crowds like I do, and we both decide to do our thing about 4 weeks after the release. 

I don't think you need to worry about getting gunned down during a viewing of Debbie Does Dallas XLII.

27 minutes ago, Bevo said:

You really think a whole team of workers are going to make up a hoax so that their product (The Joker Movie) sells better in the box office? Not only is it counter-intuitive, it could put the employees in jail and cost the movie company millions in lawsuits.

Hey man, leave me and my tin foil alone. 

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Who was the poster that went to Twilight or some bullshit with his wife instead of a football game?

Would getting shot be worth the I told you so to the wife, that they should have gone to the game instead?

I’d have to see pics of the wife before judging that person.  

2 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Who was the poster that went to Twilight or some bullshit with his wife instead of a football game?

Would getting shot be worth the I told you so to the wife, that they should have gone to the game instead?

Ghost of Tom Joad or something

7 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

What, never pushed yourself off the ground with your dick? Fucking pathetic.

The correct quote is.. 

"What's a cock push-up? A cock push-up my friend, is when you lay on your stomach, and lift yourself of the ground with nothing but your boner."

• Like 1