Chris Brown

texifornia

So the University of Texas gives a scholarship to someone who says "Same person almost tore they ACL tryna celebrate after a play.. you a clown li’boy stop playin w/ me?"

How embarrassing on so many levels. 

I look at my degree and how much I had to do to earn it, while these cartoon characters get a free ride while not even pretending to care about education.

• Fuck You 3

33 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Studdard should come in and tell all players for the last decade to shut the fuck up and quit being fucking pussies.

he says as much on the radio. 

31 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

And if Urban were coaching here he'd get a sternly worded look the other way.

that’s not true at all.  urban doesn’t put up with bullshit from his players and they don’t act like pussies. 

12 minutes ago, horn.g20 said:

So the University of Texas gives a scholarship to someone who says "Same person almost tore they ACL tryna celebrate after a play.. you a clown li’boy stop playin w/ me?"

How embarrassing on so many levels. 

I look at my degree and how much I had to do to earn it, while these cartoon characters get a free ride while not even pretending to care about education.

That is a pretty stupid take.   People speak a dialect that is a reflection of their background and upbringing but that doesn't mean they cannot modify this for different situations when they deem it appropriate.    If you think your degree is demeaned by someone else, then you don't actually value the degree intrinsically but as a status symbol.   Just go buy an Alabama hat.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

That is a pretty stupid take.   People speak a dialect that is a reflection of their background and upbringing but that doesn't mean they cannot modify this for different situations when they deem it appropriate.    If you think your degree is demeaned by someone else, then you don't actually value the degree intrinsically but as a status symbol.   Just go buy an Alabama hat.   

Yep, believe it or not there are also kids with 4.0’s who type in a similar fashion online.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Does the "dialect" include use of a question mark when the words don't indicate that a question is being asked?

I'm just curious what the grammatical rules at play here might entail.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Does the "dialect" include use of a question mark when the words don't indicate that a question is being asked?

Right next to the exclamation point...it happens.

26 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

You are seeking a David Foster Wallace form of grammatical syntax from Twitter?  God help you. 

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

You are seeking a David Foster Wallace form of grammatical syntax from Twitter?  God help you. 

I have no clue who David Foster Wallace is/was, but I'm guessing he knew that use of a question mark for questions and not for statements is about as basic as it gets in grammar rules.

4 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I have no clue who David Foster Wallace is/was, but I'm guessing he knew that use of a question mark for questions and not for statements is about as basic as it gets in grammar rules.

He did. But you would have to read three pages of footnotes to know it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/11/2020 at 3:58 PM, Longboard Horn said:

Yeah, this was embarrassing to watch. 

What was the score when this happened? I remember being surprised but more optimistic, thinking, they're loose and going to win. 

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Remind me to never hire one of your kids for a job at any wage.

Because I don't give a shit if a Texas HS football star bailed on a fast food job? 

BRTky.jpg?1321408042

Congrats. How long have you been managing a Burger King? 

Shit, I hope he got his money's worth and made a scene on his way out.

fuck_you_half_baked.gif

Yeah, I probably would have walked out of a fast food minimum wage job if someone ordered 100 burgers right before closing in high school as well.  Who gives a fuck.  Some of the people here are starting to act like aggy with the constant player bashing.  I don't remember Chris Brown shitting on the university or the fanbase.  He got into it with Charles O. on twitter about him flexing... so what.  Dude worked his butt off, put in a lot of effort on the field, and made plays.  He also liked to flex... which made him look stupid, but the bashing here needs to stop.  Recruits read this stuff...  

• Hook 'Em 3

I would think this past year has offered us enough glimpses of people not acting respectful that we could accept possible extenuating circumstances to drive a teen to walk away.   Better than throwing fists.   Though they should be granted every benefit, the customer is not always right.