The Masked Singer

RPM

I don't watch the reality singing shows with one exception, The Masked Singer. I don't even like Nick Cannon. I should hate this show, but it's so absurd and the talent this year is amazing. Trying to figure out who the hell is in the costume is a trip. 

Edited by RPM

I kinda wish they'd just get rid of the "judges" from these types of shows - they are always so over the top.

"Our judges thought it might be one of these celebrities:

49c797626f13cdd4bab550c6dcea2134.jpgmichelle-obama-becoming-memoir-book-best

Pope-Francis-256x256.png4d9e32760f062.gif

But now we can reveal who the Matchstick really is!  Please take of your mask, Matchstick!  It's...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThuwxgnsXMl9ZpUjOQcKF Carrot Top!  The clue was his head was like it's on fire!  Good guesses, judges!"

That, or they guess really weird people like "Oh, I think it might be Meryl Streep's granddaughter, print model Berlinda Streep-Thomas."  Like, who the hell are some of these people??

That being said, fast forwarding through it and just watching the performances and reveals, I'm with ya in getting a kick out of it!

Edited by TexLonghorn

The guesses are usually over the top wild. But tonight 2 successfully named the singer and at least 2 are sure Martin Short is Skeleton. I tend to agree with them, but I could be over the top wild. But seriously, I think it's Martin Short or the guy that's the announcer for The Tonight Show according to the clue "2nd Fiddle."

Edited by RPM

True, they did get Egg.  And once they said the name, it was, like, 'yeah, that's absolutely him'.

How they thought Marshmello would have his Marshmello mask under the other mask was beyond me though.  And then Robin Thicke thought it was Deadmau5?!  That's an even bigger mask!  I don't think either of those two would be recognizable without their usual masks, and even then, to only a very limited group of people.

Their guesses this season seemed a little more 'hip', too - guessing more DJs and YouTubers...