Navy (2-0) @ Memphis (3-0) 7pm CT ESPN

texifornia

5 minutes ago, demos said:

Who the fuck thought putting hasselback and mcafee in a booth was a good idea? Cause that person needs to be beaten with a rubber hose.

Every. Fucking. Thursday.

They clearly got an edict to tone it down a bit before last week's game, but by the end it was right back to godawful riffing.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Malcolm Perry wasn't even dressed for his first game. The QB got hurt and they had to pull him down from the stands and get him suited up for the second half.

nowai.  why have we never seen rd go postal on that?  a real 12th man in the HD era from an actual real live academy.   that's like the worst aggy nightmare evar.

• Like 1

Here's the Perry story: https://navysports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=15571

made his collegiate debut in Navy’s opener against Fordham after starter Tago Smith sustained a torn ACL in the second quarter ... did not dress for the game after missing the first three days of practice and playing in the JV game a day prior ... cheering his teammates on, he was pulled out of the stands and dressed by the start of the second half ... entered the game with 38 seconds left in the third quarter and played the entire fourth quarter ... carried the ball seven times for 30 yards and featured a long run of 16 yards ... led a 90-yard drive that ended with a 23-yard field goal by Bennett Moehring.

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

JV game?  Navy still has a JV team?  Who do they play?

Columbia would usually scrimmage against Army's JV team before the first game of the season.

Looks like Navy's just plays high schools: https://navysports.com/sports/2018/8/14/2018-jv-football-schedule.aspx

EDIT: Here's an explainer on why the academies do it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/navy-football-rolls-deep-with-165-players-and-a-jv-schedule/2016/09/09/a4222dd0-76a0-11e6-be4f-3f42f2e5a49e_story.html

It’s an amenity unique to the service academies because they don’t offer athletic scholarships and thus are not bound by the roster limit of 105 players at other major college programs.

Edited by texifornia

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Kicking the thread off early because this is actually a really good game! Winner should grab a top 25 slot and inside track at the AAC title game.

IMG_6318.JPG

(I sincerely had no idea Navy had cheerleaders)

cheerleaders-for-the-memphis-tigers-perf

So maybe they're not supermodels, but there isn't one here that I wouldn't happily shag.  But then again, I'm old.

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

there's a couple that i would decline, but also a couple that are solid wifing material.

MG-3379.jpg

11 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

So maybe they're not supermodels, but there isn't one here that I wouldn't happily shag.  But then again, I'm old.

I'm also an '83 grad.  And I find all of those young ladies are gorgeous.