Metallica

Lurch

James back in rehab, unfortunately.

A Note from Lars, Kirk, and Rob

We are truly sorry to inform our fans and friends that we must postpone our upcoming tour of Australia and New Zealand.

As most of you probably know, our brother James has been struggling with addiction on and off for many years. He has now, unfortunately, had to re-enter a treatment program to work on his recovery again.

We fully intend to make our way to your part of the world as soon as health and schedule permit. We’ll let you know as soon as we can. Once again, we are devastated that we have inconvenienced so many of you, especially our most loyal fans who travel great distances to experience our shows. We appreciate your understanding and support for James and, as always, thank you for being a part of our Metallica family.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home from the S&M2 show. My wife (a cellist) and I took our budding metalhead for his first movie (sort of) and his first concert (sort of). Had a blast. Not quite the order of songs that I would select myself (I'm not crazy about the Black Album, but in this context they were a lot more entertaining), but it was really well done. 

I think most showings were tonight (at least in the Chicago area) but I believe that there will still be a few more. Check the site for a theater near you and go. You won't regret it. 

https://www.metallica.film/

*the rabbit is for a preschool project - each kid gets custody of the rabbit for a few days and chronicles its adventures in pictures and writeups in an album. Shit like going to the pumpkin patch, playing with other stuffed animals, going to church, birthday parties, etc. is the norm.  I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little proud of the fact that my boy ended up taking Bunbun to a Metallica show. 

20191009_232610.jpg

20191009_184024.jpg

20191009_184926.jpg

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 5

On 9/28/2019 at 12:01 PM, freyguy said:

Chronic back pain from the wallet being too heavy.

The boy showed me this video the other day, had me laughing my ass off.

Without the least bit of irony or sarcasm, this may be the greatest thing I’ve ever heard. The guitar solos were particularly amazing. The level of satirical brilliance and outstanding musicianship needed to make something like this is astounding.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I just wondered into this thread and I thought I would add. That basically the fucker fell off of the wagon around the same time Metallica’s bourbon offering hit the stores. 

You know the one that they claim they used their music during the entire aging period. I haven’t tasted the spirit, but I hope they used their older material.

• 5 months later...

Lots of PBS begging interspersed so far, unfortunately, and the show has been all edited to shit - they were on the fifth song of the show (Memory Remains) before the first round of begging, and resumed with the fourteenth (All Within My Hands). 

Pretty disappointing, really. 

Edit-this PBS guy is such a jackoff that I'm now embarrassed to have publicized this at all. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Lots of PBS begging interspersed so far, unfortunately, and the show has been all edited to shit - they were on the fifth song of the show (Memory Remains) before the first round of begging, and resumed with the fourteenth (All Within My Hands). 

Pretty disappointing, really. 

Edit-this PBS guy is such a jackoff that I'm now embarrassed to have publicized this at all. 

They didn't air this concert on my PBS channel that I could find.

But I'm currently streaming it uninterrupted from my local affiliate's website, so advantage me?

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...