Deadpool 2

elfenix

If you like the first movie, you'll really like this one...... The first movie was such a genre advancer and revelation, it'll probably always be considered more important.  This one is like most sequels, they double down on what worked and it's really hilarious.  Great 2 hours at the movies..... Ending scene goes a little too long but it's part of the gag.

• Like 1

That was so good. I'm not sure if it's better than the first one but it's at least on par with it. Some idiot in my theater screamed out who the big guy in solitary was before the reveal. Pissed me off.

I wonder if the end credits are canon now. Would be awesome if it is.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, ajax said:

Some idiot in my theater screamed out who the big guy in solitary was before the reveal. Pissed me off.

Fuck these people...   That was a cool surprise and it’s bullshit to steal it from everyone.

On 5/20/2018 at 12:02 AM, bamachine said:

I would put it even with the first. more stuff fell flat on this one but the hits were harder. Also, the credit scenes and the end of the credits song were awesome.

The song in the ending credits scene was actually in the movie.  I was laughing because I was hearing the lyrics and nobody around me understood what I was laughing at.

Loved the 007 nod in the opening credits.  That was awesome.

33 minutes ago, bamachine said:

It still baffles me that people get up at the end of these movies, still, and miss the credits scenes.

That's easy...they had to make it 90 minutes without checking their phone.

Man's gotta know his limitations...

Saw it Sunday night and thought it was great. Personally I'll put it up there with the first one if not better. Laughed my ass off the whole way through. Sometimes by myself while everyone else was silent. 

Going to see it again tongiht with a friend who's mad at me for not taking her. 

11 hours ago, BERT said:

Laughed my ass off the whole way through. Sometimes by myself while everyone else was silent. 

It takes quite a lot to make me laugh out loud, generally I don't.  There was one line when he was talking to the blind black lady and she was commenting on something that would have been visibly enjoyed.  He commented, "Yeah, I really wish you had been able to have heard that." 

It was a great line, and no one in the theater got it.

10 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

It takes quite a lot to make me laugh out loud, generally I don't.  There was one line when he was talking to the blind black lady and she was commenting on something that would have been visibly enjoyed.  He commented, "Yeah, I really wish you had been able to have heard that." 

It was a great line, and no one in the theater got it.

That was awesome.  There were a lot of little things like that.  So good.

I thought the X-Force scene was great. That was a fun stretch of 5-10 minutes and a pretty damn funny payoff. Domino is fucking smoke, quickly becoming one of my favorite actresses on any screen (for aesthetics, I know shit about acting).

Overall the movie was cool, I knew what to expect with the 4th wall shit and the abundance of sarcasm and Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds....6.5/10. Enjoyable, glad I saw it, won't be rushing to see it again (never watched Deadpool 1 again, and I generally liked that).

13 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

My main complaint is that the breaking the 4th wall was funny the one or two times it happened in the first one. Every other joke in this one is a nod to the audience.

Pretty sure that's his schtick in the comics too, no? 

movie is fucking awesome.  it's like a shaggy/surly asshole got famous and decides to make a movie making all kinds of inappropriate jokes and 80's and 90's movies and cultural references.

if you dislike this movie, you are not a sarcastic asshole and your childhood sucked.

Just now, CooterBrown said:

Yeah but they relied on that way too much in this one, IMO.  However, I still like the movie a lot. That one aspect was really the only complaint for me.

Thought the best one was where he didn't say anything at all. After Colossus picks him up by the neck and puts him against the wall and asked "why must you make everything so hard" and Deadpool just glances at the camera. Pretty sure i was the only one laughing at the point. Which makes me question all the other people in the theater at that time. 

17 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

just remembered.  i was the only asshole laughing my ass off at the "sun is getting low" line when he's on top of "spoiler".  obvious avengers reference was missed by everyone.

Yeah, I was the only one laughing in my part of the theater.

• Like 1

Loved it. Not quite as good at the first one, but excellent nonetheless. Love the 4th wall breaking jokes, and if you ever read the comic, that's his shtick.

I was the only one in the theater that laughed at the DC jokes though, which felt kind of weird. I thought more people would laugh at the Martha comment, but whatever. 

Thanos as Cable was awesome. Great character, definitely could see him being incorporated into future X-men movies. 

Yukio was a nice add for some cheap laughs, but sadly she is not Surge as was speculated: https://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-yukio-identity-theory-debunked/

Loved Domino, and I hope she shows up in more X-force stuff. Not sure how many Deadpool-centered movies they can really pull off, but X-force with this cast looks promising. I would watch a more serious version of those characters with Deadpool as comic relief!

31 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Loved it. Not quite as good at the first one, but excellent nonetheless. Love the 4th wall breaking jokes, and if you ever read the comic, that's his shtick.

I was the only one in the theater that laughed at the DC jokes though, which felt kind of weird. I thought more people would laugh at the Martha comment, but whatever. 

Thanos as Cable was awesome. Great character, definitely could see him being incorporated into future X-men movies. 

Yukio was a nice add for some cheap laughs, but sadly she is not Surge as was speculated: https://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-yukio-identity-theory-debunked/

Loved Domino, and I hope she shows up in more X-force stuff. Not sure how many Deadpool-centered movies they can really pull off, but X-force with this cast looks promising. I would watch a more serious version of those characters with Deadpool as comic relief!

My "only guy laughing in the theater" moment was when Deadpool called him Thanos

23 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Can someone explain the Logan post credit scene?

Reynolds goes to the alternate time line/universe and kills the Wolverine Origins version of Deadpool which was a shitastic depiction of the character unlike anything from source material....

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Reynolds also played that version of Deadpool right?

Yes and he was a smartass prior to the conversion from merc to super merc. It was just a terribly written version. He hated it before any of the public saw it. It is why he fought so hard to get the current version done. When the studios balked, he paid to do a short, which he leaked to the public to create demand.

• Like 1

You could just start with the group at the end of the flick, DP, Cable, Domino and Russell. Hell, since they have been in both DP films and very little(Colossus) or none(NTW) in the X-Men franchise, they could join also. Make Cable the de facto leader, letting DP be there mostly for comic relief.

On 5/23/2018 at 2:02 PM, Dutchrudder said:

fox signed zazie beetz to a 3 movie deal for this, so maybe an x-force and maybe a domino movie

12 hours ago, bamachine said:

From what I understand, there likely will not be a de facto DP3. There may be an X-Force movie with DP as a character but not the main character. Reynolds stated he thinks DP has had enough time in the spotlight.

There will be.... Reynolds has already done a 180 on it, he'll be money whipped into it and frankly he loves the character.... He's trying to get Wolverine (Jackman) into the next one but I'm sure he's just having fun.  One would think Cable will be back.

http://www.mtvasia.com/news/s2d2fy/hold-the-phone-ryan-reynolds-now-says-deadpool-3-is-happening

When asked in a recent interview on Lorraine about whether round three would be happening, Reynolds revealed, "Yes, we have the suit. It's the role I feel most privileged to have in my entire career. I feel like I was sort of born for it. I love Deadpool. It's the miracle of the mask."

A DP3 doesn't discount or dismiss an X-force spin off..... Cable could lead.

41 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

There will be.... Reynolds has already done a 180 on it, he'll be money whipped into it and frankly he loves the character.... He's trying to get Wolverine (Jackman) into the next one but I'm sure he's just having fun.  One would think Cable will be back.

http://www.mtvasia.com/news/s2d2fy/hold-the-phone-ryan-reynolds-now-says-deadpool-3-is-happening

A DP3 doesn't discount or dismiss an X-force spin off..... Cable could lead.

Maybe he could find Wolverine shtooping his gf in the afterlife.

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

fox signed zazie beetz to a 3 movie deal for this, so maybe an x-force and maybe a domino movie

Yeah, that's why I mentioned her coming back, because she was the only one I knew of that had a movie deal (and that made a lot of sense, since she was probably on the cusp of her breakout and they wanted to make sure and lock her in).

Of course, the actors playing NTW, Colossus, etc. are probably not too busy.