#24 Kansas St @ Oklahoma St, 6:30 ESPN+ (but why tho?)

BigHorn'13

Only game of interest to me tonight and it's not being broadcasted. Fuck you ESPN. You've got one ranked team on the road facing another team who, by all accounts probably should be ranked, but choose instead to show such entertaining matchups like Wyoming UNLV and UCF Uconn. Fuck your face with a rusted water pipe, ESPN. 

Anyways, should be a good game for those that can who can watch it. If you can't, sportsurge.net seems to be the popular illegal viewing option. 

Edited by BigHorn'13
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Yeah it's not a good look for the Big12 that their primetime game is behind a paywall. Fuck the Big12

Yup. Piss poor conference, getting wrangled into pushing Disney's extra $ channel. What a joke.

Sportsurge.net

It will be streaming free on here

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Took forever to find a working stream for this game. Got pop ups from hell for a while. Fucking bullshit pay $200 a month for DirecTV and can’t get this game because of ESPN’s bullshit 

There's one born every minute.

Or, instead of bragging how much you are paying for Directv, pony up the $5 bucks, cheapass.

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

There's one born every minute.

Or, instead of bragging how much you are paying for Directv, pony up the $5 bucks, cheapass.

Fuck that. I am not going to sign up for another streaming service that’s garbage like ESPN+. I don’t use Hulu for the same reason. It’s redundant and it sucks

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

Here you all go:

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/college/osu/guerin-emig-why-are-osu-and-k-state-back-on/article_b1ac9d3f-7144-5836-bb99-43809e6dba0d.html

The Big 12 Conference announced Monday that the Sept. 28 game between Oklahoma State and Kansas State would be on the digital platform ESPN+. An interesting decision, since the Cowboys and Wildcats are both 3-0 and seemingly worthy of a more traditional broadcast outlet, but not necessarily surprising.

It isn’t like the Big 12 tried to hide the ESPN+ component of the league’s revised deal with ESPN last April. The digital outlet would carry as many as 75 men’s basketball games as well as all sorts of women’s basketball games and other non-revenue sports.

It would also carry, straight from the Big 12’s release announcing the agreement, “an exclusive regular-season football game each season from each participating school.”

I summarized details of the agreement in a blog last April, and referred to it again Monday on Twitter after the OSU-KState news broke. An alert Twitter user named Kevin read the blog and tweeted: “Even your article says ‘one football game per season.’ This is the second time in four games K-State has been on ESPN+.

True enough. Further, this marks OSU’s second appearance on the digital platform.

Did I misread the original agreement last April? Was there not a limit to the number of ESPN+ appearances per school per football season?

I asked the Big 12 for clarity, and associate commissioner Bob Burda replied via email: “In talking with our ESPN partners, it was agreed there was an opportunity to continue growing the new Big 12 on ESPN+ platform in this first year.”

Burda confirmed the conference was approached by ESPN to add inventory to ESPN+. OSU-KSU was eligible to be moved. ESPN saw the game as an attractive way to promote its digital platform, and the Big 12 signed off.

Spoiler

Basically, this is a network and a conference with the message, “Look, you might not want to pay an extra $4.99 to stream a game. You might not want to shell out more than once a year. But you’d better keep up with times or risk being swept up by them.”

All 10 Big 12 athletic directors issued statements supporting the revised agreement last April. There was a lot of “digital technology is the future and we want to be at the forefront” rhetoric.

This was due to the reported $40 million bounty for the Big 12 as a result of the agreement, but also due to this fact: Big 12 ADs and decision-makers realize it won’t be long before more consumers stream games than watch them on cable television.

As I wrote in that April blog: “Welcome to the future.” It might be confusing. It can certainly be annoying. But it’s here.

Fuck that shit. S

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Here you all go:

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/college/osu/guerin-emig-why-are-osu-and-k-state-back-on/article_b1ac9d3f-7144-5836-bb99-43809e6dba0d.html

Hide contents

Basically, this is a network and a conference with the message, “Look, you might not want to pay an extra $4.99 to stream a game. You might not want to shell out more than once a year. But you’d better keep up with times or risk being swept up by them.”

All 10 Big 12 athletic directors issued statements supporting the revised agreement last April. There was a lot of “digital technology is the future and we want to be at the forefront” rhetoric.

This was due to the reported $40 million bounty for the Big 12 as a result of the agreement, but also due to this fact: Big 12 ADs and decision-makers realize it won’t be long before more consumers stream games than watch them on cable television.

As I wrote in that April blog: “Welcome to the future.” It might be confusing. It can certainly be annoying. But it’s here.

Fuck this stupid conference for agreeing to do this for football. Consumers need to hold the line and not pay for this crap. The more and more streaming is getting expensive and fragmented the more traditional pay tv looks better. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Fuck that shit. S

Fuck this stupid conference for agreeing to do this for football. Consumers need to hold the line and not pay for this crap. The more and more streaming is getting expensive and fragmented the more traditional pay tv looks better. 

We aren’t going to be on this shit, are we?  I mean we have the longhorn for games like this. 

4 minutes ago, Xian said:

We aren’t going to be on this shit, are we?  I mean we have the longhorn for games like this. 

No. We already have a 3rd tier rights agreement with ESPN. None of our home football or basketball games will be on this platform.

I also think OU already has a 3rd tier rights agreement with Fox, so their home games will not be on it either which is why their game against South Dakota was on PPV.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

What about one of our road games in conference. That could happen right?

Yes, but they wouldn't be on LHN anyway. Just like Texas had no say when the game against Rice was on CBS Sports, which is another channel that is losing carriers.

Edited by HtownHorn