Damn It's Happening - Whataburger Slippin

Landomatic

On 10/4/2019 at 4:14 PM, Dutch said:

Chicagoans haven't messed up the one by my house (yet). Sweet and spicy bacon burger on Texas Toast, add grilled japs, no mustard, sub onion rings slammed and went very hard; just like it always does. 

Yall ever thought of putting onion rings on your burger? It seems Portland thinks how "Western" burger should be.

Edited by workswithseed

On 10/11/2019 at 6:56 PM, workswithseed said:

Yall ever thought of putting onion rings on your burger? It seems Portland thinks how "Western" burger should be.

a western burger is bbq sauce, cheddar, and onion rings. 

1 hour ago, justhookit said:

In Costa Rica many places take the HAMburger literally, so you get a slice of ham on top of your burger. No mayo.

champ burger in houston will put a ham slice on it (photo not mine). 

2019-10-13-14-16-31.jpg

Really wish this was going in the other thread, but no dice. Had the Avocado Bacon Burger tonight, no onions, add japs. It fucking sucked, had the dreaded lukewarm patty/unmelted cheese combo. This was my usual location, probably only the second time I've had one bad enough to be pissed. 

33 minutes ago, 'stache said:

With its cult-like popularity, how has Whataburger been unable to get a Chick-fil-a quality workforce? 

I'm guessing it's because none of the people that are bleating about how much they love Whataburger are interested in a Whatacareer.

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

Really wish this was going in the other thread, but no dice. Had the Avocado Bacon Burger tonight, no onions, add japs. It fucking sucked, had the dreaded lukewarm patty/unmelted cheese combo. This was my usual location, probably only the second time I've had one bad enough to be pissed. 

This happens regularly on the 28th street location when ordering a Whataburger.  I order the special burgers as they don't seem to be cooked until ordered, like the old days when you had to wait for an order. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 'stache said:

With its cult-like popularity, how has Whataburger been unable to get a Chick-fil-a quality workforce? 

I don’t know but the last several times I’ve been, at least 2 separate locations, their service has been way closer to Popeyes level than Chick-fil-a level.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:48 PM, pch said:

This happens regularly on the 28th street location when ordering a Whataburger.  I order the special burgers as they don't seem to be cooked until ordered, like the old days when you had to wait for an order. 

it makes no sense.  they are always busy, take 10-15 mins and still deliver an ice cold product

compare to the one on I35/St johns - best Whataburger Ive had in Austin.  Edge of bun crispy, meat hot and not light gray, melted cheese

Fuck 28th street whataburger...just go to Dirtys - who's Grilled Chicken Sandwich is extremely underrated.

15 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

it makes no sense.  they are always busy, take 10-15 mins and still deliver an ice cold product

compare to the one on I35/St johns - best Whataburger Ive had in Austin.  Edge of bun crispy, meat hot and not light gray, melted cheese

Fuck 28th street whataburger...just go to Dirtys - who's Grilled Chicken Sandwich is extremely underrated.

@pch is in Ft. Worth, we have a 28th St location too.