Damn It's Happening - Whataburger Slippin

Landomatic

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Anyone who still thinks Whataburger has a better hamburger than either Shake Shack or In N Out is denying reality. Whataburger back in the day used to serve a hot, melty, cheesy burger right off the flat top but that’s not the case anymore. EVERY time I go to In N Out I get a piping hot burger with gooey American cheese, crisp lettuce and tomatoes and a perfectly toasted bun. Same with Shake Shack. Whataburger is a shell of what it used to be and this was the case even before they were sold.

It's amazing that every Whataburger I get comes with the absolute leftover lettuce, the rinds of iceberg leaves. They must buy that shit by the bagful or something.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Anyone who still thinks Whataburger has a better hamburger than either Shake Shack or In N Out is denying reality. Whataburger back in the day used to serve a hot, melty, cheesy burger right off the flat top but that’s not the case anymore. EVERY time I go to In N Out I get a piping hot burger with gooey American cheese, crisp lettuce and tomatoes and a perfectly toasted bun. Same with Shake Shack. Whataburger is a shell of what it used to be and this was the case even before they were sold.

Aaaaaaahhh there's the @Iconoclast Texan I know and love

6 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AustinMT said:

It’s Whataburger.  They’ll make whatever you want

no shit.  i got a grilled cheese burger once.   it was like $10 just for the burger but fuck it, it was whataburger's birthday.

Edited by elfenix

On 9/28/2019 at 8:28 AM, Landomatic said:

The fuck is this shit?  BOB - Cold burnt hockey puck sausage, ice cold cheese, bun dry as a bone.  Gross.

kkeXqv.jpg

And, yes...it needed its own thread.  The other one was mostly positive.  Back before a bunch of damn yankees started fucking things up.  This is NOT positive.

I had a BOB once and it was terrible. Haven't had another one since. However that experience was in Lubbock and I've never really had anything enjoyable in Lubbock*.

*That includes a Tech STD special but I had plenty of SWT ones they were very very good.

18 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Sad, but becoming more a reality.  One near our house that I never go to anymore because the wait is a kick in the dick and 50:50 they screw something up on my order.

Trying to get these mouth breathers to reconcile a whataburger with JUST cheese, ketchup, and bacon is a beating (my son likes it that way)

On 9/30/2019 at 5:00 PM, C-Man said:

Is anybody surprised? Whataburger's "work force" is among the worst in the fast food industry. They're only marginally better than Popeye's staff.

Chic fil a must somehow have a monopoly on all of the "high end" fast food talent. 

I’m guessing they might pay better?  At a minimum, they sure have a hell of a lot better employee training program.
If you want a chic fil a franchise you are sent to work in one of their stores. obviously not all the employees are in the training program but far more than you would see at McDonald's are

If you want a chic fil a franchise you are sent to work in one of their stores. obviously not all the employees are in the training program but far more than you would see at McDonald's are

You are then also expected to work daily in your own franchise. There’s no passive ownership of CFA.
  • Like 1

People should neg you so hard and repeatedly for this shit that you long to return to the Cloak Room.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

The In N Out  doesn't even bother me.  In N Out is pretty good and my biggest gripe would be the small menu, especially compared to Whataburger.  Shake Shack on the other hand is overpriced fucking garbage that shouldn't even be mentioned with Whataburger.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mack Tripper said:

Maybe I just have bad luck, but over the past couple of years, if I order anything other than taquitos, I'm at over 50 percent chance of getting a cold ass burger with a slice of unmelted cheese and shitty lettuce. 

That’s my exact experience as well and it’s not just limited to a single location. I know it’s hard to accept for a lot of y’all. Cognitive dissonance and all. It’s not just them. I know Burger King was never as good but the rare occasions I go if I’m on the road it is the same cold burger with unmelted cheese. It wasn’t like that back in the day.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

You are then also expected to work daily in your own franchise. There’s no passive ownership of CFA.

Also the owner/operator is not a "real" owner. CFA picks the location, builds the space and gets to choose who they want. The operator and CFA split the profits. The operator has no opportunity to sale the restaurant nor pick who gets it. Its basically a great store managment job with way above average pay. CFA also believes in having operators with no previous restaurant experience. 

Also there are no master franchise agreements or operators. A selective few get an opportunity to be operators of 2 locations.

To get picked you better love God and prove you/your family attends/active member of a church. 

41 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

-Never had a bad Whataburger

-What did the Midwest do to anyone?  Do you hate beer, cheese, and pork?

-No body west of the eastern time zone is a Yankee.

-Is Whataburger coming up here or not?

1. casserole everything
2. jello molds
3. people tasting the chili and claiming it's too spicy when there hasn't been a chile dump yet

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

Also the owner/operator is not a "real" owner. CFA picks the location, builds the space and gets to choose who they want. The operator and CFA split the profits. The operator has no opportunity to sale the restaurant nor pick who gets it. Its basically a great store managment job with way above average pay. CFA also believes in having operators with no previous restaurant experience. 

Also there are no master franchise agreements or operators. A selective few get an opportunity to be operators of 2 locations.

To get picked you better love God and prove you/your family attends/active member of a church. 

Former UH HC Tony Levine recently became a CFA operator and is Jewish 

Just now, elfenix said:

1. casserole everything
2. jello molds
3. people tasting the chili and claiming it's too spicy when there hasn't been a chile dump yet

There's an efficiency in casseroles.  They don't have to suck, if you know what you're doing.

I haven't seen a jello mold in 20 years.

I am as annoyed by those people as you are (if not more so), but they're harmless.

56 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

-Never had a bad Whataburger

-What did the Midwest do to anyone?  Do you hate beer, cheese, and pork?

-No body west of the eastern time zone is a Yankee.

-Is Whataburger coming up here or not?

Exactly what I'd expect an Iowan yankee to say!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Exactly what I'd expect an Iowan yankee to say!

We think of Yankee as a northeasterner.  Loud, obnoxious, pushy, in a hurry, etc.  New York, Boston, Philly, etc.

As the guy says upthread about Chicago, Midwestern =/= Yankee.  I disagree that we're worse (obviously), but we're definitely a different animal.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

4 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We think of Yankee as a northeasterner.  Loud, obnoxious, pushy, in a hurry, etc.  New York, Boston, Philly, etc.

As the guy says upthread about Chicago, Midwestern =/= Yankee.  I disagree that we're worse (obviously), but we're definitely a different animal.

Yeah, no offense, but what YOU think of as a yankee, doesn't really matter to US, here on a Texas message board. North of Dallas = yankee.  Could be a Chicago yankee or an Indianapolis yankee or a Seattle yankee.  ;)

Kidding aside, yeah, the pushy/aggressive/boorish/douchebag behavior from the Northeast are actually what I consider to be "yankee" as well.  But here on a Texas message board, we apply our geographical slurs broadly.  It's part of what makes us so damn likable.  So, you're welcome.

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yeah, no offense, but what YOU think of as a yankee, doesn't really matter to US, here on a Texas message board. North of Dallas = yankee.  Could be a Chicago yankee or an Indianapolis yankee or a Seattle yankee.  ;)

Kidding aside, yeah, the pushy/aggressive/boorish/douchebag behavior from the Northeast are actually what I consider to be "yankee" as well.  But here on a Texas message board, we apply our geographical slurs broadly.  It's part of what makes us so damn likable.  So, you're welcome.

Oh, I get it.  I'm just saying don't lump us in with those assholes over there (motions east).

They probably don't want to be lumped in with us, either.

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

That’s my exact experience as well and it’s not just limited to a single location. I know it’s hard to accept for a lot of y’all. Cognitive dissonance and all. It’s not just them. I know Burger King was never as good but the rare occasions I go if I’m on the road it is the same cold burger with unmelted cheese. It wasn’t like that back in the day.

Yea at this point you should probably find a new village to be the idiot in

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I’m not the only one saying Whataburger is slipping. 

True, but the fact that YOU are the one saying it most frequently certainly isn't helping your pitiful band of brothers in the argument...

Edited by Surly Bevo

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

True, but the fact that YOU are the one saying it most frequently certainly isn't helping your pitiful band of brothers....

How about a challenge. Go to Whataburger today, buy a cheeseburger and post a picture of it here. Let’s see if it has the cold unmelted cheese

19 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Pop.

Northeasterners call it soda.

You call it coke.

I’m aware of the distinctions.

Honestly in 2019 you'll see most people down here calling it a soda, and old East Texans were more likely to call it soda (or sodie if in a good mood) water than they were Coke. 

Edited by SimonBolivar

6 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Honestly in 2019 you'll see most people down here calling it a soda, and old East Texans were more likely to call it soda (or sodie if in a good mood) water than they were Coke. 

Didn't know that.  I had heard the generic "coke" as pretty much the standard when I've been in Texas (usually in DFW area).

Any time I go east of Wisconsin all I hear is "soda".  My wife says "soda" despite having lived in Iowa her entire life, and I accuse her of trying to sound fancy and learned.  We say "pop" around here, damn it.

soda-vs-pop-map.rendition.584.328.png

Looks like the Midwest is pretty "pop" heavy, with "soda" pockets around St Louis and Chicago/Milwaukee.  Pop/coke line runs through Oklahoma (not a big surprise there) and the south is pretty heavy on "coke".

Edited by Al_4_ISU

Just now, 4th&Five said:

how about everyone just be specific about what you actually want to drink.  why would i say "coke" or "pop" when i want a diet dr. pepper?

I think pretty much everyone is when they're actually ordering it.

We're just talking about the catch-all name for a carbonated soft drink.