2019 Louisiana governor race

Message Board User

5 hours ago, Message Board User said:

His base has latched onto this phrase with relish. The rapidity with which it took hold and has spread is frightening because like the Leopards Eating People's Faces tag, no one from his base stops to consider that he is attacking a private citizen over and over again. Substitute, 'Where is the Jew? The Mexican? The Muslim?" and they would be just as fervent.

19 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I hate this fat fuck, but the results from Louisiana look bad tonight. Repubs getting supermajorities and forcing a run off in the governor race. It really sucks how much control trump has over the Republican base. Those people are brainwashed like no other. 

Edited by Voldemort86

18 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I hate this fat fuck, but the results from Louisiana look bad tonight. Repubs getting supermajorities and forcing a run off in the governor race. It really sucks how much control trump has over the Republican base. Those people are brainwashed like no other. 

Louisiana has been ass backwards for a long time.  I’m surprised we even have a Democratic Governor after Blanco.  

11 minutes ago, tchookem said:
1 hour ago, Message Board User said:
Imagine the cities of Longview, Vidor, and Brenham combined - that's basically the entirety of Louisiana north of I-10.

Brenham has employment opportunities other than the "Walmarts".

Yeah, I could have probably just said that Vidor is Louisiana north of I-10.  

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.inquisitr.com/5722568/louisiana-2019-governor-polls/

Trump already made one recent visit to Louisiana ahead of the November 16 runoff election for governor, and The Advocate reported that the president plans to return again in the hopes of flipping the race back to Rispone. A spokesperson for Trump said that the president plans to hold a rally in northeastern Louisiana next week, marking the first time that region of the state has seen a presidential visit since Ronald Reagan in 1983.

The rally comes as a series of polls this week showed Edwards on top in the back-and-forth race. A poll from Edgewater Research showed that Edwards led the race by a margin of 50.3 percent to 46.6 percent for Rispone. Another from JMC Analytics showed Edwards ahead but by a smaller margin, 48 percent to 46 percent.

9 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This race is uncomfortably close, my state is so fucking stupid.  I need to go vote again. 

Why would your state vote out a governor whose taken a massive deficit and turned it into a nice surplus?

oklahoma and Louisiana make some weird choices when it comes to their politics.

15 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Why would your state vote out a governor whose taken a massive deficit and turned it into a nice surplus?

The Trump/Fox News effect is very real in Louisiana.  We have too many ignorant racists with money and influence that would vote for a Russian over a democrat.

The guy JBE beat in the last governor’s race now lobbies on behalf of Oleg Deripaska’s business interests and I’m pretty sure Vitter’s wife was just appointed to a lifetime position in the courts by Trump.  

Sucks too because Louisiana could be so much better. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Medicaid expansion had a 76% approval in Louisiana.  All JBE has to do is show ads of Rispone saying he is going to freeze the expansion, which would kick out hundreds of thousands within a couple years. 

HEALTHCARE. HEALTHCARE. HEALTHCARE.  #1 issue.  Fucking keep harping on it.  

Healthcare wins. 

• Like 2