2019 Louisiana governor race

Message Board User

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

A lot of Abraham voters stayed home or switched to JBE

JBE did not veto a horrendous abortion bill.  That threw red meat to the right.   He correctly figured that the GOP candidate would be some loathsome ideologue Trump nutter,  and knew that the blue parts of the state would hate him for that abortion thing, but vote for him anyway.   One bad issue versus the 99 other ones that a Trumpist would fuck up and he would stop.   We barely got our fiscal house in some semblance of order after the worthless piece of shit Bobby Jindal.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

The suburbs have no reason to vote republican. 

if you vote republican and live in the suburbs you’re an idiot.

the repubs want the insurance companies to have free reign to bankrupt you and your elderly parents.

whenever a massive shooting happens, repubs tweet “thoughts and prayers”. A convenient way of pretending to care without actually caring.

The repubs cater to rural folks and don’t give a damn about the needs of people in cities and suburbs. 

dont vote GOP if you live in a city or a suburb.

Such bullshit,.  Rural people in shitholes like LA survive only because of social benefits put in place by dems.  Republicans are their enemy, they are just too stupid to know it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

THE DEEP SOUTH BITCH SLAP

Trump should be worried as shit about the numbers from Jefferson Parish suburbs.   That is rock rib Republican territory.   Steve (the Russian asset) Scalise country.   I bet the women voted no bueno in numbers so big JBE led Phoney is places we never dreamed he would.   Risponte had his mouth all over Trump's dick in the get out the vote effort.   I'm GOP registered, so I got all of the anti-Edwards stuff.  

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Like 1

I didn't follow this that closely. Edwards seems like a pretty effective governor but a lot of this is a rejection of Trumpism. People are wising up to his fraud. One can hope. This description of Rispone's campaign from WaPo made me gleeful. 

Rispone campaigned as a staunch conservative who would restore “Christian values” to the state. He vowed to crack down on illegal immigration, threatening to step in as governor to prevent New Orleans from becoming a “sanctuary city.” New Orleans leaders have strongly denied that the city fits that label.

“When I am governor, we will crack down — HARD — on every single criminal illegal and terrorist gang,” Rispone said in one newspaper ad.

Besides Trump, one of Rispone’s top surrogates was “Duck Dynasty” star Willie Robertson.

To get his message out, Rispone has spent more than $12 million of his own money on his campaign, flooding the airwaves with television ads. But his hard-charging campaign style has alienated some Republicans who believe he used unfair tactics against Abraham in the primary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/in-louisiana-the-deep-souths-only-democratic-governor-seeks-reelection-as-voters-head-to-polls/2019/11/16/ef2557d0-07ca-11ea-924a-28d87132c7ec_story.html

Edited by horncyclist
  • Like 1

Trump is going to wear out his base with these losses. I’m sure some of the MAGA crowd really put time and effort into supporting these governor races, only to lose. While they’re not going to become Elizabeth Warren supporters, you know some of them lose a bit of enthusiasm or willingness to donate with each loss.

trump is also the one that states these races are referendums on him, and then he loses in KY and LA. Without a doubt both races were uphill battles for the GOP candidate so why set yourself up.  Ego can be a hell of a chain around your neck.

5 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

The snowflakes at Fox News has scrubbed the story from their home page. Gotta focus on the real news like this..

Elephant, named Usama bin Laden, dies in captivity after killing 5 villagers in India, officials say

Come on. They had it as the 3rd top story from 1am until 4am, what do you want from them? Besides the LA governors race was literally yesterday’s news.

and in all seriousness, the elephant story is probably getting 10x the views that the LA story got. Hardcore Fox News types didn’t want to read about the LA loss.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

The snowflakes at Fox News has scrubbed the story from their home page. Gotta focus on the real news like this..

Elephant, named Usama bin Laden, dies in captivity after killing 5 villagers in India, officials say

Off topic, but your post prompted me to check out their website to see what flavor of propaganda they were serving today.  This one frightens me: 

Three quick facts in a head line, all of which are pro-China or anti-protesters.  Looks like Fox is shilling for China.  That's not good. 

• Like 1

So congratulations are in order for the state of Louisiana and our most prolific poster Hugo on rejecting a trumpkin governor and going with a normal sane person instead. 

This also likely means the LSU tigers are gonna win the national championship and the Saints are winning the super bowl. 

Good things happen to those who tell trump to fuck off. Bad things happen to those who don’t, right Paul, Roger and Michael?

Speaking of which, did Tom Herman recently come out in support of trump or something? Did he give money to his campaign? This needs to be investigated. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Damn good job of gerrymandering LA to eliminate Shreveport and Baton Rouge from being represented in Congress. 

No shit. Win 51% of the statewide, but only carry one out of six seats. This how they stay in charge, and they're not even slightly embarrassed or ashamed about it.

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s great Edwards won but also important to remember my state is still unbelievably stupid.

EJk4EvqXYAE5xuO?format=png&name=large

You guys obviously need to implement an electoral college type system. You can’t have all that livestock and open land in the rural areas not being fairly represented in a state wide vote. It just isn’t American.

So, if I understand this correctly, voters believed that they were better off with Edward's policies and re-elected him, but a significant portion of voters still thought they wanted to go back to that time of having a Republican governor who reduces health care access, leaves the budget in disarray and 2 billion dollars in the hole, and subsidizes corporations while cutting funds to higher ed.

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

So, if I understand this correctly, voters believed that they were better off with Edward's policies and re-elected him, but a significant portion of voters still thought they wanted to go back to that time of having a Republican governor who reduces health care access, leaves the budget in disarray and 2 billion dollars in the hole, and subsidizes corporations while cutting funds to higher ed.

More like Rispone was a clown and Edwards wasn’t.   Edwards was pro-life and pro-gun enough to keep the crazy liberal shit from sticking.  Also the black voters showed up to vote against Trump’s gimp.

32 minutes ago, zork said:

2015 results:

Nominee John Bel Edwards David Vitter  
Party Democratic Republican
Popular vote 646,924 505,940
Percentage 56.1% 43.9%

2019 results:

Nominee John Bel Edwards Eddie Rispone  
Party Democratic Republican
Popular vote 774,469 734,128
Percentage 51.3% 48.7%

2015 race was about two terms of failed Bobby Jindal and family values (but I like prostitutes) David Vitter. 

2019 was all about Trumpism. 

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

No shit. Win 51% of the statewide, but only carry one out of six seats. This how they stay in charge, and they're not even slightly embarrassed or ashamed about it.

Doug Jones only carried 2 CDs I think 

but LA is probably getting a 2nd district as JBE can veto maps. There should be 2 districts that are minority majority after 2020