2019 Louisiana governor race

Message Board User

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Who specifically is stopping Hillary from running for president if she wants to? 

People voicing displeasure on Twitter at the idea of the person who managed to lose to a reality TV scandal magnet with the full backing of the DNC behind her running again isn't stopping her from entering if that's what she wants.

I can see why you'd be itching for a more flawed big named candidate to run again seeing as how Trump polls behind just about any other Democrat running.  Sleepy Joe and Crazy Bernie just don't seem to have the same effect so far as Crooked Hillary.  Fox hasn't had a two decade head start on slapping baseless conspiracies on them.

yea, we'll see how it shakes out.  the recent butty-menum might push ole joe aside.  or maybe pokha can wardance her way to more minority support by picking crazy eyes, crazy bathroom behavior, booker for vp?

Edited by zork
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I have no idea what any of that means.  It sounds like SpongeBob characters.

"He talks like we do!"

When you understand that our country is run by folks whose brains are on par with mentally warped third graders raised by abusive racist parents, it all makes sense.

can't multi-quote this in on edit, oops:

Chooky said:

I have no idea what any of that means.  It sounds like SpongeBob characters.

typing fast and throwing as many meme/caricatures of the candidates as i can in a chad brisco-esque soliloquy.

Butty is now leading iowa from one of the recent polls

warren has a non-white woman support problem, not to mention wall street hates her

booker has fucked up looking crazy eyes that match his reported/rumoured bad behavior in the bathroom a few years back, but would shore up the minority problem for warren, perhaps.

Edited by zork
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

33 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Without looking at all of the numbers for turnout on both sides, I think what you're pointing out is valid, zork.  Republican turnout in the gubernatorial race compared to turnout during the primary probably isn't a relative point, though.  It looks like Trump's appearances put a spike in Republican turnout for the election.  But I also wonder if his presence did the same for the opposition.  I honestly have no idea.  Turnout for Edwards in urban areas increased.  

Trump made 3 appearances in Louisiana in 5 weeks and it still wasn't enough.  And that might reflect more on the GOP candidate than Trump.  I don't know.  3 appearances in 5 weeks in Oregon or even Missouri wouldn't be that alarming if it wasn't enough.  But it seems like that much time devoted in Louisiana not being enough would be a concern for Trump.  

It's also worth remembering that Edwards is pro-Second Amendment and signed one of the nation's most strict anti abortion bills.

WaPo has an article out on this right now.  the answer is the D spike is bigger.  (the further to the left of the line, the higher the turnout bump)

UE2WKXFATNBV5EEMOK6YAEYOMA.png

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

WaPo has an article out on this right now.  the answer is the D spike is bigger.  (the further to the left of the line, the higher the turnout bump)

UE2WKXFATNBV5EEMOK6YAEYOMA.png

Nice to see my armchair analysis check out.  Y’all really don’t understand how much of a Trump goon Rispone was in this race and that’s what cost him the most.  His pro-Trump agenda was good enough to win in the primary but backfired in the runoff. 

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Holy Gerrymandering, Batman. There are three non-contiguous sections of District 1.

I’m no expert on Louisiana politics, but I’d have to assume the horrible Republican Governor Bobby Jindal was currently in office when the Louisiana republicans drew the districts in 2010 fresh off the tea party wave.

JBE can veto the maps and Louisiana repubs don’t have a supermajority in the state house. The most we could probably hope for on the federal level is going from 1 US house seat in Louisiana to 2. JBE needs to make sure that New Orleans and Baton Rouge are split up into different districts.

Edited by Voldemort86

2 hours ago, zork said:

yea, we'll see how it shakes out.  the recent butty-menum might push ole joe aside.  or maybe pokha can wardance her way to more minority support by picking crazy eyes, crazy bathroom behavior, booker for vp?

Please stop sounding so childish if you're going to Zork up threads all over the place.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

JBE needs to make sure that New Orleans and Baton Rouge are split up into different districts.

Yep.  They drew a wavy line into one district that encloses all of the suspicious areas where they fear there might be traitorous hordes of smart people who read on occasion. 

• Haha 1

It seems like zork took a creative writing class and is trying to shoehorn all of the devices he learned into every single post.  I salute those of you who are able to read them.  I seem to recall a time when he was a much clearer writer.

Huh. So “smearing shit on the wall and yourself” is a literary device? Guess I’m glad I didn’t pay attention in that creative writing course.
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Huh. So “smearing shit on the wall and yourself” is a literary device? Guess I’m glad I didn’t pay attention in that creative writing course.

I was talking more about the fact that one post had colloquialisms, folksiness, phrases meant to shock the senses, and metaphors, and poorly applied analogies.  Typically you might use all of those in a book, but its not really appropriate to shoehorn them into a single post.  I chose a hard pass on his posts after I couldn't get through how over produced that one post sounding.  Maybe it was temporary, but I'll never know.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, horn4life said:

Trump went out three times to try and make Louisiana tip in the GOP's direction.  I do think that Trump increases GOP turnout, but not enough to push past the folks who are in general no longer considering voting Republican this cycle, and potentially beyond.  I think that without the Trump show coming to town repetitively the gap is more for Edwards.  But who the hell really knows anything beyond the fact that two governorships, and control of Virgina went to the Dems.

I agree. Trump's appearances really do have a net positive outcome for Republicans, but all it amounts to is just a partial negation of the heavy Dem lean. Replace Trump with some other Republican and there wouldn't be a post-rally R voter spike, but there also wouldn't be the need to hold rallies in the first place.

Republicans should be thankful he at least has the self awareness to try to clean up his own goddamn mess.

47 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I was talking more about the fact that one post had colloquialisms, folksiness, phrases meant to shock the senses, and metaphors, and poorly applied analogies.  Typically you might use all of those in a book, but its not really appropriate to shoehorn them into a single post.  I chose a hard pass on his posts after I couldn't get through how over produced that one post sounding.  Maybe it was temporary, but I'll never know.

Learning English is hard. 

48 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

I agree. Trump's appearances really do have a net positive outcome for Republicans, but all it amounts to is just a partial negation of the heavy Dem lean. Replace Trump with some other Republican and there wouldn't be a post-rally R voter spike, but there also wouldn't be the need to hold rallies in the first place.

Republicans should be thankful he at least has the self awareness to try to clean up his own goddamn mess.

It’s not self awareness. It’s arrogance and narcissism. The reality tv president has to make everything about him, he just can’t share the spotlight or give it up to somebody else. Trump loves doing the Nuremberg style rallies. He enjoys it. He will go out of his way to find an excuse to end up on a stage somewhere he can attack the media and scare the olds into thinking all the brown people are coming for their money.