How can I help?

DigglerontheHoof

So, it seems like this subject has been started before, but I'm drunnk and too lazy to search.

I don't have much to offer the resistance other than sweat and brawn.   So, is there a way to volunteer to act as protection for anti-Trump activities in the DFW area?  I'd also like to get engaged w/ voter registration drives.

Apologies if my drunk ass is covering covered ground. 

• Like 1

Meet some local candidates. Figure out which ones you like. Go knock doors with them.
It’s not as complicated as it seems. The system is surprisingly accessible if you have some patience and a willingness to put yourself out there.

• Like 1

In all seriousness the best way to battle trump is to vote, vote early, and to encourage everyone you know to vote early.

Also we all know trumpkins. While it’s unreasonable to expect you will change their minds, the goal should be to give them enough doubt that they stay home. Republicans don’t want a national voting holiday because it would kill them. So instead use that against them and convince just one trumpkin with enough doubt that instead of heading to the polling station on Tuesday evening, they go to Applebee’s or chili’s instead.

• Like 1

Set up an act blue account and throw $10 at a local candidate in a close race whenever you can. Large numbers of people donating small amounts has become a great asset to Democrats in the last few years.

You live in a great area to impact national politics. Texas is turning blue and when that happens the entire country will see a huge shift to the left. Be a part of that process by getting out the vote. Low turnout is the only reason Texas isn’t blue already. Also, specifically support candidates that are in competitive districts in the DFW burbs. That is the front line to taking back the Texas House of Representatives. It’s not out of reach for the first time in forever.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2019 at 9:22 PM, JimmyJames said:

In all seriousness the best way to battle trump is to vote, vote early, and to encourage everyone you know to vote early.

Also we all know trumpkins. While it’s unreasonable to expect you will change their minds, the goal should be to give them enough doubt beer that they stay home. Republicans don’t want a national voting holiday because it would kill them. So instead use that against them and convince just one trumpkin with enough doubt that instead of heading to the polling station on Tuesday evening, they go to Applebee’s or chili’s stay home instead.

FIFY. Seriously, a timely deposit of a case of MIlwaukees' finest on the front porch with a ring and run might just work.....

In The Villages of Florida you can just let people know the Golden Corral will be closed due to a plumbing issue with the chocolate fountain.