Someone is writing racist shit on my property

hookem2010

My wife and I recently moved to small town TX as she finishes grad school. I'm white, she's Asian. We've been here for about 6 weeks, and this weekend we received some neighborly greetings. We also got a similar message in the mailbox and on her car too. These were at least 2, if not 3 separate incidents over Saturday and Sunday, so I suspect it's a teenager on our street or something. So far there has not been any actual damage caused. We are stuck here for at least another year and I don't really know how to handle this without losing my shit. I'm not really worried at this point as much as I am incredibly angry.

Any advice for handling this situation in a rational manner? I expected to not fit in and and to get nasty looks and shit, but this is on a different level. I'm not so ignorant as to think this stuff doesn't happen, but as a white guy spending most of my life in Houston, I obviously never experienced anything personally. My wife certainly did, and I would hear her stories on occasion. I certainly believed her, but now I really feel like a dick for probably brushing them to the side to some degree.

I could just ramble endlessly, I'm so angry right now. And I realize that I have just been subjected to this once, while my wife, and I know many posters here, have to deal with worse shit than this their entire lives.

Cloak room alert!!! Us white dudes aren't the fucking victims in this country. a4ce2e020b6ee0b3ac059e8b37fbd6ce.jpg758fe0f40c192efa8d160191a6d52c60.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I find really fucking stupid people kind of amusing unless their stupidity extends to violence or significant property damage.  Assuming this is one or two ringmeat kids and not a bunch of grown, violent men, I think my first instinct is to ignore it.

“ringmeat” kids?  I guess I missed that term.

• Like 1

I plan on getting cameras tomorrow, so recommendations for something that would be easy to put up and take down when we are fortunate enough to get the fuck out of here would be appreciated. Unfortunately, we can't leave until she finishes school. She has shut down talk of moving closer to a real city and commuting, and is afraid approaching the neighbors will just put more of a target on us, although that was my initial inclination. If something happens again, I have every intention of notifying the police, and hopefully I would have footage of the shitheads at that point as well.

Chunk lover is someone who likes cookies. People in small towns hate cookies.  And in turn, hate people who love cookies, especially chocolate chunk cookies.

Put up some decent game cameras but high enough they can’t screw with them. No violence and no traps, no matter how tempting. They haven’t done anything but prove idiot ignorance and bigotry with petty vandalism.

I plan on getting cameras tomorrow, so recommendations for something that would be easy to put up and take down when we are fortunate enough to get the fuck out of here would be appreciated. Unfortunately, we can't leave until she finishes school. She has shut down talk of moving closer to a real city and commuting, and is afraid approaching the neighbors will just put more of a target on us, although that was my initial inclination. If something happens again, I have every intention of notifying the police, and hopefully I would have footage of the shitheads at that point as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0145OQTPG/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_vFxHDbHA6QTS7

Nice app for it too.

Don’t wait for another - possibility escalated event - to report this.

Get it reported ASAP so there is a paper trail and a record. Especially because the small town cops may not be exactly enthusiastic about your cause.

And document everything in real time.

I’m very sorry your wife and you are being subjected to this.

8 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I assume the “rational” responses have already been suggested. Once you got the id, let us know when you want to handle it like man.

I read this and immediately thought of the scene from Repo Man where Otto shows up to the yard after getting beat up. 

Repo Man don’t go running to the Man. 

I think you should go to the media.  And by go to the media, I mean I think you should post naked pictures of your wife . . . if she's hot.  Other than that, seriously, call the cops.  No idea what small town you're in, but if it's big enough to have a grad school nearby, it's probably gonna be big enough to have a more diverse police force so that you're not dealing with a good ol' boy network.  That shit needs to be documented.  Also, IMHO the best way to deal with stupid shit like that is to always shine a light on it.  Don't let those fuckers do that shit in the shadows.  Make them famous if you can.  Make sure the world knows who and what they are.

• Like 2

Like everyone has said get cams up.....but then when you find out who it is beat there ass
Or also if a teenager like you believe just wait to catch him/her(dont care really if its a girl for what comes next) i'll assume it happens at night. Texas as all kinds of fun laws for defending your property at night. So if you know its a teenager after cams wait up one night and just bullrush the shit out of them. Tackle their ass right on pavement and hopefully break a bone.

Or could just report it if ya dont want to get physical over it but be prepared to go over local pd's head if you dont like response.

It is really up to you how much you want to punish the one doing this as it would be classified as a hate crime

The person that did this is gonna be bragging about it soon after too many beers.  Have some ears around town if you can.  

you can go the tough guy with a gun route. Or there are resources that will allow you ruin this person’s life with zero violence or threat of violence.  Destroying lives is so much fun.  But admittedly, it is addicting.  Watching their facial expression when they wish they could take back what they did and get control back over their life, i imagine that’s the rush that dexter feels standing over his table.

Edited by Lobo

Need a door bell cam at a minimum and I would recommend getting some others to cover the entire front of your property if possible.  If you don’t have anything Ring has an easy system that could be installed in a single afternoon.

As others said, report this to the police immediately, they probably won’t do anything this time but the next time (especially if you get them on camera) they will have to do something since it’s been reported previously.

2 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

Name the town.

Also, why wait to notify the police? 

i agree on letting the cops know.  There’s a chance they know exactly who it is based on previous events but they don’t know about your incident yet.  Same with the neighborhood hoa or whatever group, if it exists.

The second photo with the glass has a style that seems like a woman/girl wrote some of that. The first one looks like a guy.

if the OP doesn’t want to post the town name, so what.  Like every small town doesn’t have it’s share of ignorant and racist citizens?  

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Don't get me wrong, it sucks that you have to deal with this.   But, like you, I kind of assume that it's kids who are acting like bullies or general purpose shitheads and trying to get a rise out of you.  I tend to think of these types as impotent fools.

Thing is, that kind of racism is so juvenile by its nature that I suppose it could be adults.  Which may be another kettle of fish.  Or perhaps this town is so notoriously racist that adults is a good assumption.

Hope you are able to find out that it is teens and that they get bored with it/caught soon and no more comes of it.