Someone is writing racist shit on my property

hookem2010

10 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

I plan on getting cameras tomorrow, so recommendations for something that would be easy to put up and take down when we are fortunate enough to get the fuck out of here would be appreciated. Unfortunately, we can't leave until she finishes school. She has shut down talk of moving closer to a real city and commuting, and is afraid approaching the neighbors will just put more of a target on us, although that was my initial inclination. If something happens again, I have every intention of notifying the police, and hopefully I would have footage of the shitheads at that point as well.

RING outdoor cameras are easy to install.  Another option would be Wi-Fi enabled game cameras.  Motion activated.  Come with cases and steel cables so they can't be easily cut.  Mount up high (roofline) so its' takes an overt act to remove them.  

Probably a bored kid with more time than sense.  Capture the act.  Go to the Police.  Shame the fuck out of them.  Then bolt.  Go on the offensive.  

Wi-Fi game cameras can then be sold for close to cost to a hunter online when no longer needed.  Same with RING Nest, etc.  

Edited by BabaYaga

I think it's great if you start placing cams to catch the person(s) but you might as well start planning what you're going to do with the video when the cameras capture someone doing this again. Even assuming you could identify them, are you looking to confront them, call the cops, ask neighbors, etc.?

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think it's great if you start placing cams to catch the person(s) but you might as well start planning what you're going to do with the video when the cameras capture someone doing this again. Even assuming you could identify them, are you looking to confront them, call the cops, ask neighbors, etc.?

How hard would it be to identify them, really?

3 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

How hard would it be to identify them, really?

I seriously have no idea. I've seen Facebook videos where you can't see the thief's face clearly. 

And who has a photo listing of their neighbors, their kids and their kid's friends.   Personally I know about 10% of my neighbors by sight. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

12 hours ago, Spur08 said:

I, too, am white with an Asian wife. I'd lose my fucking shit. What city/town? I would get cameras and file police reports. Start questioning neighbors to see if they saw anything and just gauge their overall demeanor.

When you question the neighbors, you could even toss in that you have footage and that you've got your lawyer working with the cops and FBI hate-crimes division on identifying and arresting the person.  Mention that you don't have the tech know-how to get the footage off of the camera, so you haven't seen it yet, but say the FBI agent told you that they got clear images that they can use for identification. 

See which neighbor loses their shit and starts talking about how it's illegal to record people unless they know it.

Actually, that's potentially dangerous since it probably is a neighbor.

So just get cameras.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

See if your town uses one of the neighbor social media networks.

And if you get clear images, talk to the media/cops, and put that shit on blast.  Most of these fucking cockroaches get really fucking shy and say "it was just a prank, I'm not a racist" when a light is shined on them.

"Some of my best friends are Asian. There's the fella that works at that one store.  And the other guy but maybe he's a different looking Mexican.  Just don't ask me to name them.  Oh the wife and I love Jackie Chan. We're not racist."

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

In all seriousness, I kind of want to move to a small hill country town eventually (like bandera, Blanco, Johnson City, etc) but I seriously worry about the racists  aspect of small towns, and I'm only slightly brown 

those stories aren't real...wait.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/23/697005120/racism-in-american-south-inspired-gary-clark-jr-s-this-land

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

In all seriousness, I kind of want to move to a small hill country town eventually (like bandera, Blanco, Johnson City, etc) but I seriously worry about the racists  aspect of small towns, and I'm only slightly brown 

Don't move to Bandera, they don''t get Longhorn football games. It's weird

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would even more pissed if someone wrote on my car. I would raise so much hell I would burn the whole neighborhood down. If they die they die. Dude post this shit on Facebook, go to the news, get interviewed on tv, do something!!!!

Don't just assume they're some fucking kids. Fuck that put them on blast overload.

Open a new "brownie shop" in the middle of the historic downtown district. Advertise on social media that your brownie shop will be serving "fresh baked, homemade artisan brownies just like your grandmother used to make." Offer the townspeople a free brownie tasting before the shop's grand opening. But instead of serving them artisan brownies, serve them brownies baked with your own feces. After everyone has eaten them, reveal to the entire shop that the brownies they just ate were not authentic homemade artisan brownies, but rather Granny's Secret Recipe brownies supplied by Subway. Make sure to upload video of the big reveal.

• Like 4

Have you thought of telling your wife to be less Chinese? I mean technically you two are the interlopers causing all of this trouble in what sounds like a nice small town. Maybe tell your wife to stop wearing the big symbol-looking hat and to quit giggling quietly into her hands. 

Hank brings up a good point. If she is terrible at driving, then I might change to “night writer’s” camp.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

You’re saying the OP and his wife are in on this fictional story?

It could be that they each independently wrote the racists comments without knowing the other was doing the same.  So a double criss cross false flag operation.

We still need nude pics of the wife to know for sure.

3 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Interesting that you take Surly posters seriously. I’m sorry this story hits close to home.

Why would you assume this story hits close to home?

Just want to add, for better or worse,  I guess I'm not as cynical a some of y'all. 

Edited by YChang

First I would go "introduce" myself to my immediate neighbors. I put it in quotes because really you're just trying to get a read on them. Racists in general are too pussy for confrontation (hence the passive defamation) so don't feel too threatened but at the same time, don't go acting Billy badass either. Remember, this is an info gathering/ giving exposition. Plus it's nice to at least make an acquaintance with those that live around you. 

After that, I think it's all been covered. I would only add don't put faith in law enforcement. Don't know your views on them but I'd get at least a shotgun to keep in your home and a good dog (doesn't matter breed, size, etc. They're an alarm, not security.) Then go from there 

• Like 1

Serious Mode: Sorry this happened. It sucks. Notify somebody official.

Surly Mode: Set out some pit traps with punji stakes.

General rambling: East Texas is the easy guess, but don't underestimate other places. I was with my former Filipina girlfriend in a tiny Hill Country grocery store, she thought it was "cute", but all I saw was the old evil Czech-Kraut Nazi at the counter giving her stink-eye. She was all positive and didn't notice. I, as Scotch-Irish I see insane evil whenever I glance at a mirror, so it's an old familiar friend. You lookin at ME? Fuckin Kraut-Czech-Nazi bastard...

Edited by RDCanecutter
any vowel that is too weak to make it into my spelling is a vowel I'm better off without.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1