Someone is writing racist shit on my property

hookem2010

3 minutes ago, ajax said:

We've never had any incidents. Or maybe I'm not paying attention. When our kids young, people used to think my wife was the nanny but she thought was funny.

Spend some time in N. Florida / Georgia / Alabamba and get back to me....  wait... That's bad advice

Edited by Loco

OP also posted this: Scrolling through the pages of photos shot with expired film reminded me of some old videos my FIL put together, burned to a DVD and sent to us recently. Home movies from 1924-1930! They were mostly set in Galveston and vacations to Colorado. It included a visit to Buffalo Bill's grave, which at the time was no more than 10-15 years old. A truly incredible look into life almost 100 years ago.

So his father in law is a 100-year-old Asian from Galveston? Who was into Buffalo Bill?

Ep35-Wu.jpg

• Like 1

I was at a party with my asian girlfriend and was talking to my friend and his wife. She turns to my girlfriend and says "Your people fucked up my nails today"

She was so stunned she didn't even get mad, just stood there like a deer in the headlights,  which I was shocked by, because she had a temper.

After my buddy dragged his wife off to yell at her my gf laughed and said "Stupid bitch  it's the fucking vietnamese that do nails, not Filipinos" 

He was from Vidor, but wasn't the least bit racist, but we always gave him shit about it. His wife was from Michigan, but would have fit right in to Vidor.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

If it's Decatur that's plausible. Driving in to Denton for grad school is very reasonable. 

@hookem2010 you still kicking over there? Say a few syllables. 

Plausible, yes, but odd nevertheless.  If you are sensitive to hick town racial problems, you can go a similar distance and largely eliminate them.

Edited by TwiceHorn

My wife is of Chinese decent.   But she is as American as apple pie, she was born and raised in S. Florida no accent /no tells.   At one point she was hiring out a British company in HK. Sometimes on conf calls the Brits would talk out of school about the Chinese and their strange customs...you know explains the ins and outs and what have yous of the Chinese to their naive American cousins.  Having never met her, they made some poor assumptions and she never volunteered any info.  She told me they were a quality vendor and she had a little plan in mind for next years' contract negotiations.   She had them fly out to go over the details.  They got in late-ish and we met them for dinner and drinks.  Let's just say introductions were a little tense.  She was gracious and pleasant all night and she bent those boys over the next day.  Gave them all night to replay the various conversations of the previous year prior to pitching her for next years bidness...  ops

/csb 

Edited by Loco
Fucking ipad
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Loco said:

My wife is of Chinese decent.   But she is as American as apple pie, she was born and raised in S. Florida no accent /no tells.   At one point she was hiring out a British company in HK. Sometimes on conf calls the Brits would talk out of school about the Chinese and their strange customs...you know explains the ins and outs and what have yous of the Chinese to their naive American cousins.  Having never met her, they made some poor assumptions and she never volunteered any info.  She told me they were a quality vendor and she had a little plan in mind for next years' contract negotiations.   She had them fly out to go over the details.  They got in late-ish and we met them for dinner and drinks.  Let's just say introductions were a little tense.  She was gracious and pleasant all night and she bent those boys over the next day.  Gave them all night to replay the various conversations of the previous year prior to pitching her for next years bidness...  ops

/csb 

I have found that some pretty Americanized Chinese (still first gen American) are equally baffled by Chicom behavior and business ethics and norms.

3 minutes ago, Loco said:

My wife is of Chinese decent.   But she is as American as apple pie, she was born and raised in S. Florida no accent /no tells.

/csb 

My mom’s old manager is like 4th gen Chinese American. He had one of the heaviest East Texas accent I’ve ever heard. 

Just now, YChang said:

My mom’s old manager is like 4th gen Chinese American. He had one of the heaviest East Texas accent I’ve ever heard. 

Yup some of her family has been here since the railroads were being built.  She has an uncle that looks like Ho Chi Minh and talks like Skeeter.  He has a sticker on his truck "American by birth, Southern by grace of god"

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Plausible, yes, but odd nevertheless.  If you are sensitive to hick town racial problems, you can go a similar distance and largely eliminate them.

I'm still of a mind this is stupid kids. It's disconcerting that the OP has abandoned the thread, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

9 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'm still of a mind this is stupid kids. It's disconcerting that the OP has abandoned the thread, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh yeah, I agree.  I'm not reading anything into OP abandoning the thread.  Somehow, I think of East Texas places being bigger hotbeds of virulent racism than western Texas.  Although it's not by much, I think of Decatur as west Texas, it seems to share that sort of "high plains live and let live" ethos.

8 hours ago, ajax said:

We've never had any incidents. Or maybe I'm not paying attention. When our kids were young, people used to think my wife was the nanny but she thought that was funny.

Same here.  I'm asian my wife is white.  In 20 plus years together, never an experience with overt racism, subtle racism, questionable looks, "oh I didn't realize that was your wife, because...", nothing.  I can see where it can happen in the wrong small town especially.  That sucks that people have to go through this shit, even if it is (possibly) just some dumbass, backwards teenagers being idiots.  

My only real overt experience with racism occurs at a gas station in some shit little town on my way to visit my dad in Bonham.  Filling up the gas tank, some 15 year oldish kids walked by and were calling me "Habib."  I'm not middle eastern, or indian or whatever they thought I was.  So, real bright kids obviously.  

Edited by Lhorn

Been with the same Asian chunk the last 13 years.  Always amazed at the looks and comments we've gotten through the times.  I was lucky, mom and dad had an open invitation to our home to anyone so it never occurred to me to look differently at people because of their skin color.  We had multiple exchange students live with us through the years, the first one being a gorgeous woman from Japan.  I would assume that's where my fever began.  Her and I were close, as she had a younger brother my age back home.  Asia Carrera sealed the deal though in the mid 80's.

Not to stereotype, but much of the time the bias has come from the older folks.  Maybe it's a WW2 thing, except she's Filipina....but they all look alike supposedly.  She got to come over when she was 17 because her grandfather who was in the BDM during WW2 was able to escape and got "captured" by the US because they thought he was Japanese.  He became a spy for the US inside Japan and after the war was over he and most of his family were allowed to come to the US as a show of thanks for his service.  He passed away in 2013 and was buried with full honors in Eagle Point National Cemetery which is one of the most beautiful cemeteries I've ever seen.

Close minded people really are assholes.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, blacklab said:

I was at a party with my asian girlfriend and was talking to my friend and his wife. She turns to my girlfriend and says "Your people fucked up my nails today"

She was so stunned she didn't even get mad, just stood there like a deer in the headlights,  which I was shocked by, because she had a temper.

After my buddy dragged his wife off to yell at her my gf laughed and said "Stupid bitch  it's the fucking vietnamese that do nails, not Filipinos" 

He was from Vidor, but wasn't the least bit racist, but we always gave him shit about it. His wife was from Michigan, but would have fit right in to Vidor.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Same here.  I'm asian my wife is white.  In 20 plus years together, never an experience with overt racism, subtle racism, questionable looks, "oh I didn't realize that was your wife, because...", nothing.  I can see where it can happen in the wrong small town especially.  That sucks that people have to go through this shit, even if it is (possibly) just some dumbass, backwards teenagers being idiots.  

My only real overt experience with racism occurs at a gas station in some shit little town on my way to visit my dad in Bonham.  Filling up the gas tank, some 15 year oldish kids walked by and were calling me "Habib."  I'm not middle eastern, or indian or whatever they thought I was.  So, real bright kids obviously.  

Interesting that the white guy-asian gal couples have encountered racism and the asian guy-white gal couples like me and Lhorn haven't.

The only racism I've ever encountered was when I was driving to an Army base, in fucking uniform, and these dudes pulled up next to me at a stop light and said to me "go back to where you came from!" I would've enjoyed beating them down but they took off as soon as the light turned green.

2 hours ago, ajax said:

Interesting that the white guy-asian gal couples have encountered racism and the asian guy-white gal couples like me and Lhorn haven't.

Nothing really overt when I was with my ex-wife who was white. It was kind of amusing when people do a double take greeting her after making appointments over the phone or online.  But still, it's not that hard to imagine bigot/racist comments happening to mixed-race couples right? And you're in the Bay Area to boot. 

15 hours ago, Loco said:

/csb 

did that cost extra? asking for Robert Kraft

Edited by Dennis Taylor

14 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I'm pretty impressed that an American teen knew a single word of Arabic.

On 10/1/2019 at 8:23 PM, Pancho said:

Fuck Decatur. 

That's all you had to say. It's completely plausible it happened there. In fact, I'm surprised it wasn't worse. I can absolutely guarantee Decatur PD won't do a fucking about it and there's no way it will get in the paper. It's a shitty little town.

On the other hand, I know a local blogger that gets more hits than the paper does and he absolutely would post it. He's the former DA.

• Like 1