CFP '19-- Auburn the nexus?

Magus Ossis

I’ve watched most of 3 Baylor games and still haven’t seen anything that tells me they’re a top 10 team. 

They remind me of us (okstate) in 2015...went undefeated the first 2/3rds of the season against a pretty chill schedule with a lot of close games only to see it all come crashing down topped with a whooping at the hands of a cheating ole miss team.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

No one losing their shit over. Ohio state LSU bama and psu 1-4 lol. Damn we have all given up this year 

It's kind of hard to argue against that at this point, save for Clemson (who will undoubtedly be in if unbeaten). LSU and Bama play this week and OSU and PSU play later so that will take care of itself.

2 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Is Georgia really the 6th best team in the country?

That's the one that really sticks out to me in the top 10-12. I'd take Oregon or Oklahoma straight up.

I also find their ranking of Baylor odd. Not that I want Baylor to sniff the playoff, fuck them. But the committee clearly gives a nod to the depth of the B12 by ranking KSU at 16 and OSU at 23. They beat both those teams on the road. Their game with KSU was non-competitive by Q4. It's weird to rank those two so high and then slot Baylor behind Auburn and Florida.

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

There's a decent chance Baylor ends up behind a two-loss team (Auburn?) and their fanbase inundates Twitter with complaints.

Well, the first part has come true.

10. Florida (6-2)

11. Auburn (6-2)

12. Baylor (8-0)

Also, undefeated Minnesota behind six two-loss teams is eyebrow-raising.

10. Florida (6-2)
11. Auburn (6-2)
12. Baylor (8-0)

Gophers played three non-P5 schools in non-conference and their B10 opponents are like 15-25 combined. They ain’t played anybody. Hope they beat Pedo St this weekend though.

10. Florida (6-2)
11. Auburn (6-2)
12. Baylor (8-0)

Wins and loses are your sole determining factor on rankings? Stop trolling or being dumb. Youre doing one or the other.

41 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Is Georgia really the 6th best team in the country?

Nope, not even close. Shits fucked brahs.

On the bright side, the shit is so corrupt, as long as we have a great season we guaranteed into the playoff because $.

Imagine if LSU goes on to win the whole thing then we beat em at home next year game 2 😂

Just now, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Oklahoma State is ranked but we aren't?

spacer.png

Got to keep another ranked team in line for potential blowU to move up to 5 or 6 before the big 12 ship.

It's just planning ahead and looking how to make the big games look more meaningful to get more eyeballs.

Pedo State is gonna get raped by OSU.

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

How is OK State ranked ahead of us at 23 with a 6-3 record. What the fuck? We beat them head to head and two of our losses are to college football playoff contenders....

Stop caring about the rankings.

They are meaningless. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Stop caring about the rankings.

They are meaningless. 

Sure but Texas seems to never get any favoritism of any kind from anyone, its unfucking real. OU has a media circus sticking up for them every chance they get. Shoe on the other foot, OU would be ranked. It isnt that it matters that we arent ranked, it is the precedent that is being set that we are being disrespected again and again by this dumbass committee. 

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby

5 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Sure but Texas seems to never get any favoritism of any kind from anyone, its unfucking real. OU has a media circus sticking up for them every chance they get. Shoe on the other foot, OU would be ranked. It isnt that it matters that we arent ranked, it is the precedent that is being set that we are being disrespected again and again by this dumbass committee. 

It doesn't matter dude. Being ranked fucking #22 in the country sucks dicks may as well be unranked and have the players understand IT AINT GOOD ENOUGH YOU SUCK.

Also, Texas games get attention even if we don't have a little meaningless chickenshit number beside our name. Look at the committee bro, it's a joke.

Edited by Zavala
  • Like 1

Just now, Zavala said:

It doesn't matter dude. Being ranked fucking #22 in the country sucks dicks may as well be unranked and have the players understand IT AINT GOOD ENOUGH YOU SUCK.

We suck, that's one thing I agree with. I have lost confidence in our coaches. Orlano needs to go and him not being fired at this point tells me all I need to know about Herman. He sucks. If he actually was serious about winning, he would be gone.

22 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We suck, that's one thing I agree with. I have lost confidence in our coaches. Orlano needs to go and him not being fired at this point tells me all I need to know about Herman. He sucks. If he actually was serious about winning, he would be gone.

Maybe he doesn't wanna have to try and call an offense and defense himself and nobody else is fit to run the defense man.

I actually thought they did a quite good job. My quibbles - I would have OU ahead of Utah (obv) and I think ND is a couple spots too high. But I think they didn’t just sort by record and did a good blend of “eye test” and pure resume. Minnesota is where they should be. They will be fine if they do what an actual top 5/10 team should do with the rest of their schedule.

Takeaways:
If Clemson loses they are toast barring huge chaos.

Bama losing to LSU puts them on shakier ground than I would have thought.

People will end up losing their minds because teams drop while winning because they reevaluate the entire resume. Georgia right now has better wins than some of the other one loss teams. As that gets evened out, the S Carolina loss becomes bigger. In UGAs specific case it doesn’t matter because if they win out they are in and should be and if they lose again it will take chaos.

1 hour ago, TXSooner518 said:

I actually thought they did a quite good job. My quibbles - I would have OU ahead of Utah (obv) and I think ND is a couple spots too high. But I think they didn’t just sort by record and did a good blend of “eye test” and pure resume. Minnesota is where they should be. They will be fine if they do what an actual top 5/10 team should do with the rest of their schedule.

Takeaways:

People will end up losing their minds because teams drop while winning because they reevaluate the entire resume. Georgia right now has better wins than some of the other one loss teams. As that gets evened out, the S Carolina loss becomes bigger. In UGAs specific case it doesn’t matter because if they win out they are in and should be and if they lose again it will take chaos.

My main complaint is they used the eye test for Bama and resume test for Clemson. Bama and Clemson have essentially the same resume so far. Both would be heavily favored over PedoState, but neither have a better resume. If PedoState is ahead of Clemson, then they should be ahead of Bama as well. Just the built in benefit of being Bama and the secsecsec. 

Is this your tweet? Lulz

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Takeaways:

It's the Alabama invitational

yeah-right-and-office-space-gary-cole-me

I'm right there with you Sooner.

1-5 I'm good with. Move Georgia down to 9, and switch OU over Utah.  Put Baylor at 10.

The rankings kind of fall apart past that point, but that region tends to work itself out.

Edited by JBJ

12 hours ago, markstanco said:

Ohio state should be #1

They look like the best team so far. LSU has the best resume, even downwardly adjusting for how mediocre we've turned out to be.

Clemson has been pretty underwhelming but putting Penn State ahead of them is pretty much trolling at this point; Penn State hasn't done jack shit. 

They look like the best team so far. LSU has the best resume, even downwardly adjusting for how mediocre we've turned out to be.
Clemson has been pretty underwhelming but putting Penn State ahead of them is pretty much trolling at this point; Penn State hasn't done jack shit. 

Penn State won at Iowa and beat Michigan.

I think you're overlooking the fact that Iowa and Michigan suck. 

They don’t “suck.” I weary of this silly mindset that 4 or 5 of the 130 teams don’t “suck.” They are among the 20 best teams in college football and dwarf any accomplishment that Clemson has this season.

“Not elite” “sucks”.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

Clemson reminds me alot of the Noles team from a few years back.

Defending champ. Super talented.Conf is terrible. Soft schedule. Will lose in the playoff.  Noles did have few more close calls though that year

They remind everyone of Clemson from a few years back. 

Or, they might be Ohio State from 2015, where it takes them losing a game before they start playing to their potential. 

Just now, TXSooner518 said:

They don’t “suck.” I weary of this silly mindset that 4 or 5 of the 130 teams don’t “suck.” They are among the 20 best teams in college football and dwarf any accomplishment that Clemson has this season.

“Not elite” “sucks”.

Let's not get hung up on your weariness with a casually-used term. Penn State has done nothing that entitles it to be ranked above Clemson, if you have watched both teams play. It is a cutesy parlor game to try to say Penn State's moderately better resume means it should be ranked above an observably more talented team.

12 hours ago, Zavala said:

Lol it's all a marketing gimmick during the season too

Well yeah. What kills me is that they repeatedly will refer to the polls as justification for THEIR rankings. "Well, X beat Y who was ranked 3rd, and they beat W who was ranked 13th.". No, this is the first ranking you dipshits, nobody has been ranked yet. It's a complete shitshow. They're supposed to be ranking the teams based on their own evaluations, not some fucking coaches poll or sports writers poll.

Clemson should not be over Pedo at this point. If you've watched both teams play, Penn State is the better resume AND is the better team.  The committee got this right.

It changes Saturday night anyway.  I don't think anyone this year can hang with OSU, and even a close loss warrants a drop.

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Lulz how has Clemson been underwhelming outside of one game?

Again, you can't choose which data points are important depending on the team. Clemson has a weak schedule up to this point, but Bama's isn't any better. Clemson has a close loss to a bad ACC team, but so does PedoState. Either both Bama and Clemson are ahead of PedoState or PedoState is ahead of both Bama and Clemson. 

54 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Clemson should not be over Pedo at this point. If you've watched both teams play, Penn State is the better resume AND is the better team.  The committee got this right.

Lulz that's absurd. Clemson would be a double digit favorite over PedoState and would blow the doors off of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I'm much more impressed by tOSU's resume that LSU's.

Vandy, Texas and Florida (3 of the five Power 5 teams LSU has faced) each had one of their best offensive performances of the season against LSU.   Meanwhile, everyone who plays Ohio State has one of their worst offensive and defensive performances of the season.  Florida and Auburn were both in their games against LSU at Tiger Stadium deep into Q4 while Ohio State has crushed everyone.

Huck's power ratings provide that Ohio State has played the number 10 (Wisconsin 38-7), 16 (Cincy 42-0), 28 (Michigan State 34-10) and 29 (Indiana 51-10) teams in the country while LSU has played number 7 (Auburn 23-20), 13 (Florida 42-28) and 22 (Texas 45-38).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lulz that's absurd. Clemson would be a double digit favorite over PedoState and would blow the doors off of them. 

This. The line would open over 10 and probably not go down. 

Edited by CBT