2019 MLB Playoffs thread

Sbbruin

Well, since CFB is essentially over for me before the end of September, I can focus my limited attention on baseball.

Sure would seem like we are headed for a Astros v Dodgers reprise WS, but baseball is baseball, so who knows?  Frankly, really kinda hoping someone in the AL can knock them out, as they are clearly the biggest obstacle to claiming our first World Series title in 31 years.  

Lots of love yesterday on MLB network for the Nationals to win it all.  Most think Minnie takes out the Yankees.

Lolwut? I’ve seen no one pick the Nats to win it all. Out of 9 Mlb.com experts, 8 picked the Astros to win the WS. 6 picked the Yankees to beat the Twins.
https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-com-experts-make-2019-postseason-predictions

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Twins have a scary lineup. That doesn’t change the fact that they’ve been the Yankees’ bottom bitch in the playoffs every time they’ve met. Yanks in 4. Yankees in 7 over the Astros in the ALCS, then Yankees in 6 over the Dodgers for title 28.

spacer.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Even if LA sweeps the Nats, this has been a special season. Really fun to watch the turnaround after 50 games. 

I don't see a sweep.  Not with that staff.  Fortunately 2 of their 3 aces are righties, and we are stronger from the left side.  But if Corbin wins game one, watch out.  

Edited by Sbbruin

Maybe I missed something, but I can't find a year since 2009 that the division series went straight chalk.

Having said that...

I have trouble seeing Tampa even win a game against JV, Cole, Grienke.

WAS is not going to beat the Dodgers.

Helobius isn't right often, but his "Twins are the Yankees' bottom bitch" is pretty accurate.  

That leaves STL-ATL?  Works for me.  

5 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Your game 1 starter for the Dodgers. Kershaw, one of the greatest pitchers of this generation? Nope. Ryu, a strong NLCY candidate? Nope. Buehler? Buehler? Yep. Roberts has lost his fucking mind.

What? I don’t understand. Kershaw Friday then and Ryu in DC? WAS is pitching their best available tonight. What is the thinking @Sbbruin

18 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

What? I don’t understand. Kershaw Friday then and Ryu in DC? WAS is pitching their best available tonight. What is the thinking @Sbbruin

I would have really thought Ryu would go in game 2 as he is MUCH better at home.  But Ferris Bueller was rock solid last night, so good call by Robert on that one.

You really are a complete dipshit. On one hand you swear sweeping the Twins is inevitable because they piss down their legs at the sight of your front running adopted team then you come around crowning yourself as being the best team in baseball for doing the inevitable. You can't have it both ways numbnuts.

• Like 1

I guess a short bus commuter like yourself sees it that way. 
The Yankees will inevitably win the World Series this year, because they have demonstrated that they are the best team. Will winning it all then not be impressive, because it was inevitable? It can be both. 

12 hours ago, Helobious said:

I don’t see how anyone can be watching the playoffs and not see that the Yankees are the best team. They fucking annihilated a 100 game winner.

This is why people think you’re a jackass.  You’ll have thoughtful contributions (occasionally) and then throw this shit out there.  You’re applying the results of a short series as evidence of their superiority, taking no other factors into consideration.  It renders all of your opinions irrelevant.  

• Like 2