I want to buy something at a big box retailer...

Baboontyme

that if recent years' trends continues, will be discounted by about 70% within the next few weeks. However, I'm worried about inventory. Last year by the time it dropped and I went to purchase, it was long gone, online and in stores. The item is Seasonal and thus is not covered by their Price Adjustment policy. What's my play here if any? 

If it’s Costco, walk back in with your receipt when they drop the price and they’ll refund the difference. Source - I bought a tv there in late October and the guy told me to do that after Thanksgiving.

I guess you mentioned cost adjustment policy, which is maybe that. I refer you to scene one of the movie “Old School”.

9 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

Use a credit card that offers price protection, like Citi's Price Rewind.

Be aware Citi cheapened Price Rewind last year, stopped new purchase eligibility last month, and will completely cancel the program early next year.

It's dead, Jim.

As others have mentioned, if it’s most box stores, buy today and take your receipt in when price drops.

Do you need it now? Since it’s seasonal can you leave it in the box? If price drops and they won’t take your receipt, take it back and rebuy it (my wife has been know to do this).

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:50 PM, Kennythetiger said:

Man, when I was a kid there wasn't anything better than a new box of crayons.  

My dad worked at Maytag. Me and my brothers loved it when he'd bring home an appliance box or 3. Instant "He-Man Woman Haters" clubhouses. Or forts. Or just whatever our imaginations could come up with that day. Scrip clubs...

• Like 1

My dad worked at Maytag. Me and my brothers loved it when he'd bring home an appliance box or 3. Instant "He-Man Woman Haters" clubhouses. Or forts. Or just whatever our imaginations could come up with that day. Scrip clubs...
Grandfather was a plumber. Water heater boxes were the best toy a kid could have.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

brickseek probably has an alert feature so that when walmarts near you put grokers on sale for 70% off you get an email

lol. Brickseek. Most retailers have horribly inaccurate online inventory systems , especially walmart, which is what Brickseek queries.

Expect Brickseek to report 25 grokers for 70% off at your nearest walmart when they haven't had one in-store for 6 months.