WVA Spring Game Cancelled...

ShaggyBevo RIP

7 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

That one already roared thru at 45mph.

Don't worry, we're supposed to get 6 more inches of snow Monday.

We'll have more snow in April than January and December combined if that happens.  NO CR, but seriously, how do people think this is normal?

3 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Don't worry, we're supposed to get 6 more inches of snow Monday.

We'll have more snow in April than January and December combined if that happens.  NO CR, but seriously, how do people think this is normal?

It’s called weather

We are supposed to get a couple of inches tonight and tomorrow's high is about 35 (game time is 32 I think).  Getting over the mountains is tough in that kind of weather and comments were made about getting players hurt for nothing.  We also only usually draw about 10K to our spring game.

20 minutes ago, Whitman said:

We are supposed to get a couple of inches tonight and tomorrow's high is about 35 (game time is 32 I think).  Getting over the mountains is tough in that kind of weather and comments were made about getting players hurt for nothing.  We also only usually draw about 10K to our spring game.

Nothing worse than a spring game in winter weather. I remember a few years back Pitt had its game, glorious weather, about 60 degrees and sunny. The next weekend the Nitters had their game and it was called in the second half due to wind, rain, snow and lightning.

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Nothing worse than a spring game in winter weather. I remember a few years back Pitt had its game, glorious weather, about 60 degrees and sunny. The next weekend the Nitters had their game and it was called in the second half due to wind, rain, snow and lightning.

Texas has cut them short for rain.

8 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

About 10 years ago, Easter was on April 8th.  We got 9 inches of snow in Central TX on April 7th.  It happens 

Yeah, we got a foot in May once.  The difference between what's going on now and what happened then is that our other late season snows were followed by immediate warm up and melt off, where with this it got cold, and it's stayed cold, and it won't warm up for another 3-4 days.

We basically got a full week of January in April.  It's unlike anything I've witnessed.

Our spring game is now cancelled, and it's only due to rain.

Granted, the field had snow on it this AM, but there's nothing in the forecast that would indicate more snow or even freezing.  I guess they don't want to destroy the field/get guys injured.  Fine by me.