Square up

Errestaurants

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I recall something from the Ag board years ago where WinAgs and two other guys met somewhere near the galleria. One of the guys was there as a witness. Think it only amounted to a bunch of pushing.

I kind of remember that.  Some entertaining reading.

Outside of the cloakroom, I’ve never held any animosity against any poster here or on scatsite. Even the terrible posters.  

There’s been a few instances in the CR where had the person said that to my face, it would have come to blows.  I’m by no means some billy bad ass that’s won every fight he’s even been in. But there are instances things go too far there. I’ve always wondered if any of the happy hours had any tense moments for that reason.  

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I would be more willing to pay for a fight card that comprised of posters from this site (and some other forums) than I would an actuall UFC PPV. That would be fucking hilarious. Two guys who think they know how to fight pushing and slapping each other like 14 year old girls.

Let's take this to the MATS!

*says the overzealous BJJ white belt....

Edited by BabaYaga

32 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Yep. If I remember correctly. Can't remember the poster tho 

It was a clear black night, a clear white moon
Derka was on the streets, trying to consume
Some cheetos for the eve, so he can get some phones
Rolling on his keyboard, chilling all alone

6 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Haha lets do it! Actually, I think I extended an invitation on the old site to the uninitiated to stop by and train anytime.

The level of competition some days all I feel like I'm ready for after getting choked out repeatedly by 100+lb assassin girls....(I'm 6'5, 210lbs)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I remember in the late 90s, when the offensive coordinator at ou was on a local sports radio show at some restaurant, a guy called in and talked shit about how he should be fired. Coach challenged him to come down to the restaurant "so I can see your face!". Fucking hilarious. 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Outside of the cloakroom, I’ve never held any animosity against any poster here or on scatsite. Even the terrible posters.  

There’s been a few instances in the CR where had the person said that to my face, it would have come to blows.  I’m by no means some billy bad ass that’s won every fight he’s even been in. But there are instances things go too far there. I’ve always wondered if any of the happy hours had any tense moments for that reason.  

Yeah that shit's rampant on the internet  --- people talking soooo much outrageous shit to you that they'd never say to your face in a million fucking years.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah that shit's rampant on the internet  --- people talking soooo much outrageous shit to you that they'd never say to your face in a million fucking years.

Amazing how consequences alter human behavior - whether physical, psychological, or financial.  

Play stupid games.  Win stupid prizes.  

The very first messageboard I joined was Mousel's (now defend.net), a board about brazilian jiu jitsu and MMA. Guys got in fights all the time. After fighting, they would usually go out for drinks and end up buddies.

I used to think think that's how the internet worked.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ajax said:

The very first messageboard I joined was Mousel's (now defend.net), a board about brazilian jiu jitsu and MMA. Guys got in fights all the time. After fighting, they would usually go out for drinks and end up buddies.

Funny how most higher ranked MMA/BJJ guys never get into fights.  First, they're tired all the damn time.  Second, no need.  They know what they can do, and they know the repercussions of a fight and all that can happen.  Some of the most chill, nicest guys you'll ever meet.  

*and BJJ guys can "fight" without actually hurting one another, unlike say boxing or other striking arts.  Or you could say they can go all-out without holding anything back.  

• Like 1

Were you ever on the old NHB forums? That was a good one for several years. Lots of old school guys on it. I don’t recall many call outs and fights, but I know it happened. Now a days I think that has mostly stopped and people just do the “dojo storm”.

5 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Were you ever on the old NHB forums? That was a good one for several years. Lots of old school guys on it. I don’t recall many call outs and fights, but I know it happened. Now a days I think that has mostly stopped and people just do the “dojo storm”.

I was on the Underground at the very beginning. I think it's mixedmartialarts.com now. Yeah, I don't remember any callouts there but I was less active on it.

I've only ever seen a handful of challenge fights and it was never a random off the street. It was usually one pissed of Brazilian dude against another Brazilian dude.

I was on the Underground at the very beginning. I think it's mixedmartialarts.com now. Yeah, I don't remember any callouts there but I was less active on it.
I've only ever seen a handful of challenge fights and it was never a random off the street. It was usually one pissed of Brazilian dude against another Brazilian dude.

I used to post on the underground. Haven’t in awhile. I get tired of BJJ forums very quickly.

It looks like NHB is still around, kind of. I used to post in there a bit back in 2006-7.

As for the Brazilians, yeah, that kind of thing was a good over from the old days in Brazil. Definitely see less and less of it, even there in Brazil. Here it was much less a thing because of the laws and how Americans are much quicker to sue.

WinAgs.  Wow, there's a blast from the past.  What was the name of the biggest shit-talker on TexAgs -- he always made bold predictions about upcoming games and was almost universally, laughably wrong?

OH, it just came to me. 13-0 Branding Iron.

That must have been a Longhorn.