15 year old Floridian died giving the last full measure of devotion to his sister

AUS-97HORN

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-teen-dies-protecting-younger-sister-home-invader-20191001-lhekqkv3dnebzfmjl232nvw6ci-story.html

A 15-year-old Florida boy is being hailed as a hero by his grieving family and community after giving his life to protect his 5-year-old sister from a home invader.

On Monday, police identified Khyler Edman as the teen whose body they had found in a Port Charlotte home while investigating a burglary.

Police in Port Charlotte, on the western side of Florida about 30 miles northwest of Fort Myers, said Monday that the arrest of a man found wandering the streets with stab wounds to his hands and arms had led them to investigate a burglary. They followed further evidence to a home where they found a boy deceased, and another juvenile, a 5-year-old girl, unharmed.

Charlotte County police had announced the investigation on Friday after being called to investigate “a reported injured male who was running through the neighborhood,” they said in a statement.

Initially deputies were called at 4 p.m. Thursday about the injured man. As police arrived, the man took off, eventually entering a home whose resident called police.

“After a short foot pursuit,” police apprehended Ryan Clayton Cole, 27.

“Cole was observed to have several stab wounds on his hands and side,” cops said, and he was taken to a local hospital.

Police began canvassing the neighborhood, discovering another apparent burglary.

“They found that forced entry was made into a doorway and inside that residence they found a teenager and a young child,” Charlotte County Sheriff Bill Prummell told reporters, as recorded by WESH-TV. “It appears that the suspect had broken into this residence. A violent encounter ensued where we believe that the teenager was trying to protect the home, protect their younger sibling.”

“It is believed that Cole received his injuries inside the same residence during a violent encounter,” the police statement said. “The burglary victim from Conway Blvd provided a description of Ryan Cole and identified him in a photo lineup as the suspect who entered his home.”

On Monday, the boy’s family agreed to go public with his identity, and the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office confirmed it was Khyler.

“We request that the community and media continue to give the family privacy as they grieve,” police said.

Police declined to say exactly how Khyler died, describing it only as a “violent encounter.”

Meanwhile, family friends have set up a GoFundMe account that had raised more than $20,000 by Monday evening and were planning to hold a fundraiser and vigil for the boy on Saturday, reported WFTX-TV.

pretty tough to read that.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Wow.  Tragic and powerful.

Yep.  What a horribly tragic, yet powerfully inspirational story of family unity.  Damn.  Praying for your family kiddo, you're a brave young man and a model of what it means to protect your family.  

Someone needs to find a story about some Florida dipshit dying after falling off a cliff trying to send a dick pic to his stepsister to fulfill the thread title's promise.
Shouldn't be difficult.
I know a guy who brags about having slept with his stepsister. And yes, born, raised and still living in Florida.

39 minutes ago, Ellellelle said:
1 hour ago, aggie08 said:
Someone needs to find a story about some Florida dipshit dying after falling off a cliff trying to send a dick pic to his stepsister to fulfill the thread title's promise.
Shouldn't be difficult.

I know a guy who brags about having slept with his stepsister. And yes, born, raised and still living in Florida.

Going to need pics of step sister for a ruling

I've never met her so no pics, he was a coworker. All my coworkers went to a conference (I did not attend), they went out and got drunk and he admitted to sleeping with his sister. It's not even confirmed it was his step sister but it's just too gross to imagine otherwise. No one even doubts the story because he will have sex with anything.

13 minutes ago, Ellellelle said:

I've never met her so no pics, he was a coworker. All my coworkers went to a conference (I did not attend), they went out and got drunk and he admitted to sleeping with his sister. It's not even confirmed it was his step sister but it's just too gross to imagine otherwise. No one even doubts the story because he will have sex with anything.

I'm imagining someone that looks like Olivia Munn or Jessica Biel, but in reality she probably looks like Rebel Wilson