Amarillo for 24 hours

Saint Austin

2 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

You aren’t the goofy looking dude in the tech hoodie at the Barfield bar are you?

No sir. I’m still at work today we have a big project going on. There’s more than one of us goofy looking tech dudes.

six car pub across the street from the bar field has some good beer on tap also

On 3/18/2022 at 7:16 PM, slorch said:

No sir. I’m still at work today we have a big project going on. There’s more than one of us goofy looking tech dudes.

six car pub across the street from the bar field has some good beer on tap also

Six Car had a really good Kolsch and the kielbasa and pepperoni pizza was the tits. We sat on the rooftop in the shade because it was getting hot. Wait a day and get a blizzard, right? We did the Big Texan Friday night but nobody tried the challenge while we were there. Disappointed but it was never gonna be me. Breakfast at the Barfield was really good. The only downer was the traffic noise outside the hotel every fucking night til after midnight. Seems like Amarillo has a large number of old Cambirds and other muscle cars that like to cruise that street til late. Other than that I enjoyed it more than I expected to. Thanks to all that gave input. 

• 1 month later...
I'll be in Amarillo for work at the end of the month. I'm inclined to fly in and out the same day. Are the breweries worth staying over a night and getting drunk by myself?

Get drunk on the plane ride there.
Get drunk on the plane ride home the same day.
Under no circumstances would I recommend extending your stay in Potter county a second longer than absolutely necessary.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just back from spending 4 days in Amarillo (family estate finish-up.)  Do not recommend-and I grew up there.  If you have to eat, look for some local place, like Landshark for old style burgers or Los Braceros on West 6th (only that one-) or Metropolitan down southwest for American bistro-style food.  Good luck.

18 hours ago, 'stache said:

I'll be in Amarillo for work at the end of the month. I'm inclined to fly in and out the same day. Are the breweries worth staying over a night and getting drunk by myself?

Six Car Pub was really good with a good selection. Food was good too. I say it's worth it.

17 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Under no circumstances would I recommend extending your stay in Potter county a second longer than absolutely necessary.

Fuck Potter county indeed. Swing over to Borger where the real party at. They have a Bennigan's after all.