$95K Internship - Found Mayor Turner's Side Piece

hopkinsnhorns

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

The real play is tying Buzbee to aggy.  The aggy in Spring/Cypress/The Woodlands can't vote for him. 

Plenty of "Aggies for Buzbee" yard signs in Kingwood.  Including my neighbor.  But he's also a fireman and REALLY doesnt like Turner.

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So if he worked for Dan Crenshaw, it would be different?

Congressional experience is Congressional experience.  They do the same basic constituent services shit, policy study and briefs, etc. despite whoever the congressperson is. 

Has dan Crenshaw proven to be a corrupt, contemptible piece of shit?  Has Crenshaw had anyonenin his office dox opposition party operatives, be convicted and serve prison time?  No?  Then I guess Crenshaw would be fine. As would any number of others in the dem party who are high character individuals serving the public.  Sjl is a full on piece of shit human. 

Edited by pepper brooks
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

Has dan Crenshaw proven to be a corrupt, contemptible piece of shit?  Has Crenshaw had anyonenin his office dox opposition party operatives, be convicted and serve prison time?  No?  Then I guess Crenshaw would be fine. As would any number of others in the dem party who are high character individuals serving the public.  Sjl is a full on piece of shit human. 

Okay, so I guess anyone who has worked for Trump is going to have a hard time finding a job because their White House experience doesn't count! 

1 hour ago, pepper brooks said:

So, how does Ken Paxton (R) fit into your arbitrary SJL (D) Corruption Scale? 

Edited by BLKNSTY

You know the country is in a bad place when we have people trying to gloss over this. It’s not the worst thing anyone has ever done, but it’s absolutely reeks of cronyism and impropriety. There should be 100% agreement on that. I’m not calling for the mayors head or anything, but i am glad to see the media doing its job.  

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Can someone post the quotes on when turner denied knowing the guy?  I’ve only read references to it but not the actual account.  And I couldn’t find it on google.

it is both in the video and the story here. And ironically the reporter exposing this and the Airport  Director are both named Mario Diaz.

"I have no idea who you're talking about" became "Oh, that Marvin Agumagu..."  

https://www.click2houston.com/news/investigates/mayor-turner-s-2017-endorsement-letter-for-highly-paid-intern-uncovered

Edited by Dennis Taylor

30 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

On the range of scandals giving a guy with a bachelor's degree,  master's degree,  and a law degree a 95k job rates fairly low to me.  Maybe I need to dig a little deeper, but surely this isn't the first example of a Houston mayor giving a guy he knows a job.

so why lie about knowing him?   

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 3:45 PM, Sandman said:

Isn't the whole point that the mayor is abusing taxpayer money to pay this person? Trump donates his salary to charity, I doubt his rich-ass kids are getting paid. They don't need the money, either. If they don't get my or your money, who gives a shit? 

This. No one should care about potentially unqualified people running the country. 

• Like 1

is this where we get offended because one politician uses his influence to hire unqualified people to government jobs while neglecting what's going on in the whole trump administration.

just google trump administration nepotism.  at least turner did us the respect of trying to hide it.

and it didn't start with trump or turner.  politicians are corrupt.  water is wet.

31 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

is this where we get offended because one politician uses his influence to hire unqualified people to government jobs while neglecting what's going on in the whole trump administration.

just google trump administration nepotism.  at least turner did us the respect of trying to hide it.

and it didn't start with trump or turner.  politicians are corrupt.  water is wet.

if you want to CR it up, may as well look at Willie Brown/ Kamala Harris while you're at it. 

• Like 2

I'm old enough to remember when General Abbott did some employment sleight-of-hand so that he could hire his campaign manager to be his 1st Lieutenant AG who would be placed in charge of what was essentially a 700-lawyer litigation department and who had never tried a case in the scant years since graduating law school

3 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

On the range of scandals giving a guy with a bachelor's degree,  master's degree,  and a law degree a 95k job rates fairly low to me.  Maybe I need to dig a little deeper, but surely this isn't the first example of a Houston mayor giving a guy he knows a job.

valid point even if you hate Turner.  Mayors get to appoint people to jobs. Part of the perks of becoming mayor. It's a bit shady that he did this during a hiring freeze but that govt agency wasn't included in the hiring freeze so it's natural that a political appointee would get a job there during a hiring freeze. 

As for Turner not acknowledging the guy in an interview: did he want to lie, did he not hear the name, does he know Marvin's full name, does he really not know where every appointee works?   who knows but is that the scandal that he first denied knowing this guy?

I get that some want to jump to Turner being gay, which is Texas politics 101 but who really cares. It's not like city was inundated with fire and brimstone when Annise Parker led the city for 6 years.

18 hours ago, pepper brooks said:

You know the country is in a bad place when we have people trying to gloss over this. It’s not the worst thing anyone has ever done, but it’s absolutely reeks of cronyism and impropriety. There should be 100% agreement on that. I’m not calling for the mayors head or anything, but i am glad to see the media doing its job.  

nevermind, not Cloak Room

Edited by Chuckie Finster

On 10/3/2019 at 4:33 PM, Catdaddyhorn said:

I was oblivious to it myself as well but in talking with friends it seems to be a well known rumor among people in and around city government. 

Local media seemed to deliberately ignore it during the last election for some reason. Maybe for fear of coming across as racist or homophobic and thus not the world-class diverse city Houston loves to position itself as. There was a possible gay angle to the scandal / non-scandal / defamation debacle that derailed his first mayoral bid way back when Lanier and Dolcefino took him down on election eve. 

I am torn on whether any of this matters. If he is stashing side pieces on the city payroll that's a problem no matter what their junk looks like, but to explicitly make that accusation you have to state that he's gay and that's never come out, so you get this whisper campaign, which, as it stands now, is nothing more than a dirty trick on multiple levels. The dude is plenty qualified for the job, but was the job created as a favor to a guy who's fucking the mayor?  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Local media seemed to deliberately ignore it during the last election for some reason. Maybe for fear of coming across as racist or homophobic and thus not the world-class diverse city Houston loves to position itself as. There was a possible gay angle to the scandal / non-scandal / defamation debacle that derailed his first mayoral bid way back when Lanier and Dolcefino took him down on election eve. 

I am torn on whether any of this matters. If he is stashing side pieces on the city payroll that's a problem no matter what their junk looks like, but to explicitly make that accusation you have to state that he's gay and that's never come out, so you get this whisper campaign, which, as it stands now, is nothing more than a dirty trick on multiple levels. The dude is plenty qualified for the job, but was the job created as a favor to a guy who's fucking the mayor?  

Why should local media scrutinize anyone candidates personal life if it doesn’t seem to affect their professional life or the city’s image?  Does it matter if the mayor is straight or gay?

9 hours ago, bernorange said:

Houston voters have already elected an openly gay mayor in the past (Annise Parker).  I don't think it matters to Houston voters.

Buzbee is hoping to chill black turnout for Turner by whispering he's gay and divide it with the Boykins candidacy. (I believe Boykins is a stalking horse.)

3 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Buzbee is hoping to chill black turnout for Turner by whispering he's gay and divide it with the Boykins candidacy. (I believe Boykins is a stalking horse.)

Turner should just whisper “aggy gloryhole” right back at that goober.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Dom just has to read the teleprompter and look hot, and she's definitely qualified.  This one has actual responsibilities,  and she's not

Since this is venturing into Cr territory, she’s in office because Ed Emmett ran a horrible campaign. He won the previous election with 80%  so he decided to sit back instead of seeing the writing on the wall.   Hubris has brought down many politicians.   Emmett could have won with a halfway decent campaign.

emmett was also screwed because the Texas gop decided to keep straight ticket voting thru 2018. If they had stopped it after 2016, Emmett would also still be in office.  That was the original plan until gop state senator kelly Hancock pushed for it to be postponed until 2020.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1