PLEASE slow down in parking lots

Nonbryan

On 10/11/2019 at 10:05 AM, CHIEF said:

It seems like once a day that I have to give the horn a small honk to get a driver at an intersection to look up from their phone because the light turned green about 5-6 seconds ago. It's just fucking rude. The guys at the back of the turn lane sometimes have to sit through the light twice.

CHIEF

Yeah, no.  I drive a full size truck so my horn is a little more aggressive than most.  I want to replace it with a god damn air horn borrowed from the Coast Guard.  This drives me bat crap crazy and I will lay into that horn if some dip ship is cruising "the gram".

11 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Softball fields this evening.  At least 10 Tahoe’s coming thru the lot at >20 mph.  Y’all keep those kids close. 

Feel free to shout and startle those drivers.  For those that are oblivious, it's a good shock to their system.  For those that are having a momentary lapse in judgement, they will know immediately what they are doing wrong and it will be a good reminder for them to change their behavior.

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Yeah, no.  I drive a full size truck so my horn is a little more aggressive than most.  I want to replace it with a god damn air horn borrowed from the Coast Guard.  This drives me bat crap crazy and I will lay into that horn if some dip ship is cruising "the gram".

I know a guy who in the late 90s drove a mid 70s Lincoln towncar that was equipped with a train horn. Talk about getting someone’s attention. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

50 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I know a guy who in the late 90s drove a mid 70s Lincoln towncar that was equipped with a train horn. Talk about getting someone’s attention. 

yeah i knew a guy who had one of those in high school.  the thing had to charge before you used it.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:05 AM, CHIEF said:

It seems like once a day that I have to give the horn a small honk to get a driver at an intersection to look up from their phone because the light turned green about 5-6 seconds ago. It's just fucking rude. The guys at the back of the turn lane sometimes have to sit through the light twice.

CHIEF

march 2018 i had the entire family plus my MIL in the car.  middle of the day on a weekday.  i was stopped at a red light headed west about to cross under mopac.  i'm in the right lane and there's a dump truck in the left lane (no turn lanes either right or left).  the dump truck is pulled forward so the cab is over the zebra crossing lines blocking my view to the left.  it's way north austin, wells branch area, not a single car passes in front of us the entire time the stoplight's red and i'm getting impatient.  light finally turns green, but i hesitate and keep my foot on the brake-  at the time i wasn't sure why, but looking back it was maybe because i saw the dump truck didn't move.  we sit there for two seconds while our light's green. another beat later and all of a sudden an 18 wheeler comes flying in front of us going left to right at about 55 mph.  i've had some near misses but that one, with my entire family in the car, to this day shakes me the most.  

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

march 2018 i had the entire family plus my MIL in the car.  middle of the day on a weekday.  i was stopped at a red light headed west about to cross under mopac.  i'm in the right lane and there's a dump truck in the left lane (no turn lanes either right or left).  the dump truck is pulled forward so the cab is over the zebra crossing lines blocking my view to the left.  it's way north austin, wells branch area, not a single car passes in front of us the entire time the stoplight's red and i'm getting impatient.  light finally turns green, but i hesitate and keep my foot on the brake-  at the time i wasn't sure why, but looking back it was maybe because i saw the dump truck didn't move.  we sit there for two seconds while our light's green. another beat later and all of a sudden an 18 wheeler comes flying in front of us going left to right at about 55 mph.  i've had some near misses but that one, with my entire family in the car, to this day shakes me the most.  

Similar thing happened to me leaving work a few years ago.  Was turning right out of my parking lot and there was a cement truck coming by.  I briefly debated pulling out in front of him but decided to wait.  He got to the left turn light at Burleson with me right behind him.  The light turned green and as he went a lady coming from our left on Burleson plowed into him, rupturing the diesel tank below his door and making a big mess. If I had pulled out before him instead of waiting, she would have hit my driver side door and probably killed me since my Honda didn’t have side air bags.  Thought about that for a long time afterwards.