NL WC: Brewers @ Nats, 7 Central, TBS

spystud13

Harder gets himself into situations where everyone can sit on the fastball up because a)all of his pitches that are balls look like balls out of his hand, and b)he can only strike he can throw is the fastball up in the zone. That said, the error in RF changed it from a tie game to a 4-3 lead for the Nats. That will haunt them if they lose. 

1 minute ago, TheFlagship said:

Good result for rest of the playoffs. Nobody wants to see Yelich-less Brewers get swept by the Dodgers. 

Agree.  I have no love for Nationals but that Nationals Dodgers Series will be fun and I actually may watch something in addition to the Astros. 

And Fuck Bud Selig

Edited by A-Tex Devil

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Dodgers better not lose one of their home games, because they are going to have to face Scherzer and Strasburg in Washington.

Scherzer is the worst best pitcher in baseball when it comes to the playoffs. They won tonight in spite of him. 

This game was fun as hell--glad to see the Nats do something in the post season in person.  Was there to see them lose it all to the Cards and thought this was going to be another rip the heart out moment, albeit differently.  Watching the Rangers choke sucked as well.  Tonight was a happy moment for DC sports teams.  And yes, the Skins are pretty much lamented as toast.  

9 hours ago, Yuk said:

Yelich would have been fielding that ball.

You need to watch that play again...that ball jumped at least 4 to 6 feet to the fielder's right after it hit.

He was right in front of it until it hit the ground.

And fuck you Bud Selig....your team should be in the AL and not the Astros.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I'm ok with the move to the AL now.  We might not have Yordan if we were still in the NL.

I think the Dodgers would have still done the trade but Hinch probably would have let him sit on the bench instead of playing. I don't care if he is the worst fielding outfielder in the league he should still play every day.

13 hours ago, pops said:

Scherzer is the worst best pitcher in baseball when it comes to the playoffs. They won tonight in spite of him. 

13 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Kershaw might have a thing or two to say

To y'alls points--"In five career postseason games with Washington (four starts), Scherzer has gone 0-2 with a 4.06 ERA. He has given up five home runs in 24 1/3 innings with 18 hits and nine walks.

His career postseason ERA now sits at 3.82. Kershaw's sits at 4.32. Scherzer is now 4-6 and Kershaw is 9-10. These two are all-time greats, but they, unfortunately, will always be seen as pitchers who struggled in the biggest moments. "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mlb-playoffs-2019-three-takeaways-from-an-improbable-nationals-wild-card-win/ar-AAI9ixr?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout