The Rudy Thread

Francisco 2.0

pete sessions, come on down!

Rep. Pete Sessions, R-Texas, is the only congressional candidate who has received donations from both of the Ukraine-linked businessmen who were accused of illegally laundering $325,000 to a pro-Trump super PAC, according to campaign-finance records.

Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas both contributed $2,700 — the maximum allowed — to Sessions’s campaign on June 25, both listing Global Energy Producers as their employer.

Two months earlier, the company didn’t exist.

https://american-ledger.com/accountability/shady-trump-donors-maxed-out-contributions-to-one-candidate-pete-sessions/

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 2

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but the fact they were both scheduled to be deposed by the House today and tomorrow ... and Barr knew about (and supposedly "supported") the investigation into these guys, an investigation in which he himself is implicated.....and they have just now conveniently been arrested, so they cannot be or won't be able to be deposed for the foreseeable future?

Edited by ChuckNorrisActionJeans

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but the fact they were both scheduled to be deposed by the House today and tomorrow ... and Barr knew about (and supposedly "supported") the investigation into these guys, an investigation in which he himself is implicated.....and they have just now conveniently been arrested, so they cannot be or won't be able to be deposed for the foreseeable future?
They were fleeing US jurisdiction on one way tickets.

You are overthinking this.

1 hour ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Can they be deposed in jail?

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

Wait..the sleezy firm is called FRAUD GUARANTEE??  Was this simulation written by a 6 yr old?

One of the two guys also owns a bar in the Ukraine called 

Mafia Rave

You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.

Rudy doing work for Fraud Guarantee and getting a check or 1099 from them would be classic.

Edited by deech

This is minor but the one way tickets thing really bothers me. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll happily accept their bumbling idiocy when it contributes to bringing this administration to a close.  

That said, why one way tickets?  Why not spring the few extra thousand for round trip.  Even if you plan to throw away the return.  At least then you can somewhat plausibly claim you weren’t running if you get caught. Seems like a cheap hedge especially for people throwing around hundreds of thousands in campaign contributions and purportedly wealthy.  

It will be somewhat poetic when the hallmarks of this administration, lack of attention to detail, petty greed and the inability to think outside the immediate moment, are it’s downfall.  

12 minutes ago, brown water said:

This is minor but the one way tickets thing really bothers me. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll happily accept their bumbling idiocy when it contributes to bringing this administration to a close.  

That said, why one way tickets?  Why not spring the few extra thousand for round trip.  Even if you plan to throw away the return.  At least then you can somewhat plausibly claim you weren’t running if you get caught. Seems like a cheap hedge especially for people throwing around hundreds of thousands in campaign contributions and purportedly wealthy.  

It will be somewhat poetic when the hallmarks of this administration, lack of attention to detail, petty greed and the inability to think outside the immediate moment, are it’s downfall.  

ihavetheworstlawyers.gif

Rudy took hundreds of thousands of dollars for consulting with a company called Fraud Guarantee while illegally coordinating foreign money to US elections via the President’s superpac. 

Has a former US Attorney ever been indicted by his own office? Asking for a cousin fucker

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, brown water said:

It wouldn’t have mattered if it was two-way or not, this was a last-minute Hail Mary - one was supposed to testify yesterday, the other today   Any attempt to leave the country for Europe would mean at least one wouldn’t have the time to come back and testify.

I'm surprised they didn’t try to drive into Canada.  If they make it across the border, they might have had a few more hours   Then again, they might have been on a watch-list.

1 hour ago, brown water said:

I've never understood this either.  Even the 911 terrorists all did this.  Homeland Security has said they scrutinize one way fares closely.  A round trip ticket is often the same price or minimally more and doesn't put you on everyone's radar.  It's truly stupid, which I guess is why it makes total sense.

1 minute ago, Horn Dog said:

I've never understood this either.  Even the 911 terrorists all did this.  Homeland Security has said they scrutinize one way fares closely.  A round trip ticket is often the same price or minimally more and doesn't put you on everyone's radar.  It's truly stupid, which I guess is why it makes total sense.

It's in all the cool movies though. "Here are your escape kits. Cash in several currencies. False passports. Cyanide capsules. And one-way tickets to Vienna, where at the airport you will meet a man holding a black umbrella who will say to you 'Well-done steaks are the best,' And you will answer 'But only with ketchup,.' You will be then be taken to your safe houses, and there you will wait for further instructions from Mr Giuliani's team."

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brown water said:

They named a fraudulent company Fraud Guarantee.  And they’re greedy, even for a few thousand dollars.

These are not super criminals.

34 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

They named a fraudulent company Fraud Guarantee.  And they’re greedy, even for a few thousand dollars.

These are not super criminals.

They (the two Ukrainian-Americans)  strike me as underlings for the big boys and are being played by both sides. I watch a lot of Denzel Washington spy movies and they will be killed or something.

• Haha 1