The Rudy Thread

Francisco 2.0

Haven't read the whole thread, but with this

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/11/us/politics/rudy-giuliani-investigation.html?searchResultPosition=2

uh, we can has Logan Act charges?

Seems like he was negotiating with foreign government(s) as a private citizen. Maybe Ukraine doesn't meet the threshold for having a 'dispute' with the US, but controversy? Plenty of that, it seems. Let's bring the LA into the 21st century! Punishment is a little weak - fine and/or imprisonment up to 3 years - but it's a start.

41 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Rudy will roll.  He has no leverage and is at Trump’s mercy.  He won’t go to jail.  

Rudy might pull a Manafort and fake roll.  

Manafort’s gambit with Mueller was oddly effective for Trump because Manafort completely annihilated his own credibility and managed to avoid the more politically damaging second trial.  You know, the trial with the conspiracy and obstruction crimes that never happened. 

The real question is just how deep is Giuliani in bed with Eastern European organized crime?
I’d speculate deep as fuck.

Rudi has been at the heart of this whole thing from the beginning, and I’d be shocked if one of the Mueller sealed indictments didn’t have his name on it.

Hell, it’s almost certain that he was driving all that nonsense with the NY FBI field office in the lead up to the 2016 election.

It’s not a coincidence that he’s going all in on this crazy train... he literally has everything to lose because he’s entirely compromised and complicit.
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Rudy will roll.  He has no leverage and is at Trump’s mercy.  He won’t go to jail.  

Yep, no doubt. 

9 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Rudy might pull a Manafort and fake roll.  

Manafort’s gambit with Mueller was oddly effective for Trump because Manafort completely annihilated his own credibility and managed to avoid the more politically damaging second trial.  You know, the trial with the conspiracy and obstruction crimes that never happened. 

Rudy ain't gonna fake roll. Rudy and Donald are the two people in this administration who will burn it to the ground in order to escape any punishment. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yep, no doubt. 

Rudy ain't gonna fake roll. Rudy and Donald are the two people in this administration who will burn it to the ground in order to escape any punishment. 

It’s going to be beautiful if all of the Russian stuff coalesces around Rudy.   Trump only hires The Best People.  

Trump has got to be sweating harder than usual.   He can’t pardon Rudy (and hell, that might be obstruction in and of itself), and Rudy will never spend a day in jail.   

1 hour ago, brown water said:

What you need to understand is Rudy is far more qualified to deal with corruption than Hunter is to deal with oil and gas.  The real problem is compensating people for work beyond their scope of expertise.  

FC4464D3-8BD2-4920-9477-1DDDDF235A18.jpeg

Trumpkin: WOW, she makes her dresses out of the drapes, just like us!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s going to be beautiful if all of the Russian stuff coalesces around Rudy.   Trump only hires The Best People.  

Trump has got to be sweating harder than usual.   He can’t pardon Rudy (and hell, that might be obstruction in and of itself), and Rudy will never spend a day in jail.   

What makes you think Trump can't, or won't, pardon Rudy if Trump determines it's something he wants to do?  I understand the obstruction angle, but I guaran-fucking-tee you Trump doesn't.  And no other laws have stopped him in his entire life.  So I'm genuinely curious what makes you think Trump will act differently in this instance?

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I didn't know it was possible to sweat through spray tan? Also, pigs don't have sweat glands.

2 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

At least pigs are real heroes. They turn grass and other shit into bacon.

“(Lisa) “I’m going to become a vegetarian” (Homer) “Does that mean you’re not going to eat any pork?” “Yes” “Bacon?” “Yes Dad” Ham?” “Dad all those meats come from the same animal” “Right Lisa, some wonderful, magical animal!””

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

What makes you think Trump can't, or won't, pardon Rudy if Trump determines it's something he wants to do?  I understand the obstruction angle, but I guaran-fucking-tee you Trump doesn't.  And no other laws have stopped him in his entire life.  So I'm genuinely curious what makes you think Trump will act differently in this instance?

Because he has yet to pardon anybody who directly worked for him on the campaign stuff, etc., who is currently facing charges/investigations, or who is in prison?

Because pardons are literally an admission of guilt?  

Because Rudy is also in so deep, I suspect that Trump sees him as scapegoat.

38 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Because he has yet to pardon anybody who directly worked for him on the campaign stuff, etc., who is currently facing charges/investigations, or who is in prison?

Because pardons are literally an admission of guilt?  

Because Rudy is also in so deep, I suspect that Trump sees him as scapegoat.

While true at the moment, I'm sure Miller has a whole file of pardons drafted up and neatly stowed right between his "Medal of Freedom for miscreants" file and his lifetime supply of personal lube, ready to go at the moment it appears Presidential power will be taken away from Trump.  

• Like 2

For Rudy, and maybe many others, the tipping point could come quickly and rapidly, kinda like Hemingway's comment on bankruptcy: gradually, then suddenly.

I don't consider Rudy to be an abject moron and lacking experience, like so many of Trump's other lackeys. If he et al see that the shit storm is about to hit blizzard levels there could be a massive rat exodus from the USS Dotard. 

If/when that happens it's going to be interesting to see how some Senate Republicans act. The cowardly House set is already "retiring".

Edited by Asithappens