The Rudy Thread

Francisco 2.0

15 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Around 2012, I worked alongside someone, who’s employee started to secretly record their conversations. Even though the employee thought they had some dirt for HR it actually only hurt the person recording it, since it violated unwritten rules in treating coworkers.

anyway, you have to wonder if some people use their smart phone to record every conversation they have. Especially when you’re plotting illegal activities with Rudy Giuliani. 

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Around 2012, I worked alongside someone, who’s employee started to secretly record their conversations. Even though the employee thought they had some dirt for HR it actually only hurt the person recording it, since it violated unwritten rules in treating coworkers.

anyway, you have to wonder if some people use their smart phone to record every conversation they have. Especially when you’re plotting illegal activities with Rudy Giuliani. 

Wouldn't it be funny if Rudy's butt-dialing was him fucking up trying to record conversations - he's fumbling around in his pocket blindly trying to hit the recording app and then "record" and instead dials out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wouldn't it be funny if Rudy's butt-dialing was him fucking up trying to record conversations - he's fumbling around in his pocket blindly trying to hit the recording app and then "record" and instead dials out.

Won’t it be fun explaining to the next generation how a 80 year old man was somehow peddling the lie that he had a cyber security business And that his downfall was buttdialing away secret dealings with his associates from Fraud Guarantee.

This ultimately caused the downfall of our reality TV President.

[Hopes the happy ending here actually happens]

59 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Trump: "Talk To Rudy!"   

Impeachment transcripts detail Giuliani's outsized influence in Ukraine policy

- Rudy Giuliani was mentioned more than 430 times during House impeachment investigators' interviews with two key U.S. diplomats

Sondland said officials were "disappointed" by Trump's "direction that we involve Mr. Giuliani" in Ukraine policymaking. "Based on the President's direction we were faced with a choice. We could abandon the goal of a White House meeting for President [Volodymyr] Zelenskiy ... or we could do as President Trump directed and talk to Mr. Giuliani to address the president's concerns."

- Sondland said Trump did not make clear during a meeting earlier this year what Giuliani's concerns with regard to Ukraine were. "He wasn't even specific about what he wanted us to talk to Giuliani about. He just kept saying: Talk to Rudy. Talk to Rudy."

- Giuliani and Trump were pushing for Zelenskiy to make what was deemed an "anti-corruption" statement, and Sondland testified that he and Volker had to workshop that statement so Giuliani would be satisfied. 

Giuliani drove Trump's negative view of Ukraine, Volker testified, describing the president's comments from an Oval Office meeting this year. 

Dotard.

• Like 1

The meeting with a lawyer for Firtash suggests that Giuliani did, despite his October comments, think Firtash could have relevant information to his efforts and further shows the extent to which he reached out to Ukrainian-connected individuals at the height of his hunt for damaging information on Biden and Democrats. 

That's the most benign interpretation.  That's the interpretation that Rudy himself admits to.

But, we also know that Firtash was paying Parnas. We know that Parnas was paying Rudy (500k), via a loan on Fraud Guarantee.  That started in August of 2018.  To me, what this meeting "suggests" is that Rudy met with Firtash's lawyer because he was working for Firtash.  It doesn't take two hours to find out that someone's American's lawyer doesn't have any evidence on Hunter Biden.  

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

I know this may come as a shock to many of you, but....it appears that Rudy doesn't understand how this whole "attorney-client" thing works.

The POTUS cannot cloak official business of the office of the President in "attorney client privilege" by sending an attorney as his errand boy. 

If Rudy is representing the office, in the scope of the powers and duties of that office, then he is simply an official of the US government, and he is NOT Donald Trump's attorney.

If, on the other hand, Rudy and Trump maintain that his actions are representing Trump ONLY in his personal capacity, then they are also admitting that the actions taken are OUTSIDE the scope of the office of the President, which means that such actions get no benefit of the doubt or cloak of legitimacy as a "legitimate exercise of presidential powers."  In other words, if Rudy was trying to get Ukraine to make a public statement about Biden in a capacity as a representative of the US government, then that is a government action that can't be cloaked in attorney-client privilege.  If he was trying to get Ukraine to make a public statement about Biden in his capacity as a representative of Donald Trump individually, then the purpose could NOT have been "the President trying to tackle corruption," because he wasn't representing the office of the President.

These guys are so, so, fucking stupid.

And, it doesn't matter.  Because so is their cult and its enablers.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I know this may come as a shock to many of you, but....it appears that Rudy doesn't understand how this whole "attorney-client" thing works.

The POTUS cannot cloak official business of the office of the President in "attorney client privilege" by sending an attorney as his errand boy. 

If Rudy is representing the office, in the scope of the powers and duties of that office, then he is simply an official of the US government, and he is NOT Donald Trump's attorney.

If, on the other hand, Rudy and Trump maintain that his actions are representing Trump ONLY in his personal capacity, then they are also admitting that the actions taken are OUTSIDE the scope of the office of the President, which means that such actions get no benefit of the doubt or cloak of legitimacy as a "legitimate exercise of presidential powers."  In other words, if Rudy was trying to get Ukraine to make a public statement about Biden in a capacity as a representative of the US government, then that is a government action that can't be cloaked in attorney-client privilege.  If he was trying to get Ukraine to make a public statement about Biden in his capacity as a representative of Donald Trump individually, then the purpose could NOT have been "the President trying to tackle corruption," because he wasn't representing the office of the President.

These guys are so, so, fucking stupid.

And, it doesn't matter.  Because so is their cult and its enablers.

Yeah, but your last point is the only one that matters.

It's clear by this point that even some of the enablers are too stupid to understand this distinction.

$50 says Trump sent him there on some fool's errand so news like this would come out.  And Trump can then throw him under the bus as a token arrest for the impeachment inquiry simply by saying, "Rudy...everybody saw you in Kiev.  I can't help you now, sorry."  

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Television ad for Fraud Guarantee is all I could think about  

True!! And in a nod to the old school media, I was transported in time to a smoky bar. War was continuing and people were desperate for documentation that would secure their departure. In Rudy's case, he's looking for papers to get him off the hook....

• Like 1

Getting their stories straight I imagine.  The only way he can do it safely is in person, but that also means everyone knows he's doing it.  If Rudy was actually smart, he would be heading to a country that doesn't extradite next.  He is going to prison at some point in the future.

Edited by kevwun

You know, "safely" is perhaps not a term I'd use here.  Seriously, I hope the FBI/CIA is tailing him for his own protection.  His usefulness has pretty much ended, and I can't imagine guys like Firtash would be thrilled with what he might eventually say, either because he is an idiot or to save his own skin. 

Rudy the corruption fighter/unregistered foreign agent/personal lawyer caused no end of headaches for a country that is fighting for its very life. The pro Russian Ukrainians are pissed, the Ukrainian people who held elections are pissed, and Zelensky, left dangling by Trump, now is trying to prepare for the meeting with Putin, Merkel, and Macron this week while having to deal with the surprise visit by Giuliani which Zelensky discovered through the media. Giuliani brings in the circus of dubious character witnesses to create some narrative related to Hunter Biden. In the meantime, the Azov movement went full on regarded: