The Rudy Thread

Francisco 2.0

I understand how Rudy G. could be this stupid (he's never done anything to give the impression he was smarter than a glue-sniffing turtle), but surely someone he knows is smart enough to say "Don't fucking talk to anybody with a mic or a camera". The last thing on Earth he needs to be doing is trying to win sympathy in the media. For one, it won't work, and for another, oh yeah, more opportunities for prosecutors to catch him slipping up.

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I understand how Rudy G. could be this stupid (he's never done anything to give the impression he was smarter than a glue-sniffing turtle), but surely someone he knows is smart enough to say "Don't fucking talk to anybody with a mic or a camera". The last thing on Earth he needs to be doing is trying to win sympathy in the media. For one, it won't work, and for another, oh yeah, more opportunities for prosecutors to catch him slipping up.

I imagine trump and Rudy always think they're the smartest ones in the room.  Of course, they're always wrong but that's what they think. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Well, if Richard Signorelli (whoever that is) says it's huge then it must be huge.

The only thing I know about Rich Signorelli is that he is full of shit.  Toensing and diGenova have been Republican machine hacks for decades.  The only thing that changed was that Trump nows run that machine, which means the machine does more obviously stupid and illegal shit.  But they're still the same fucks they've always been.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Tuco said:

And, for anyone who wasn't following this much 1.5 year and half ago, or has forgotten:

Rudy is frequently portrayed as Trump's lawyer.  At least when it comes to the Ukrainian scandal, that's really not true.  Trump, and the power of the presidency, was the product not the customer.  Just like Michael Cohen was selling influence on Trump for various lobbyists, and Elliott Broidy was selling influence for foreign powers, Rudy was selling influence for a Ukrainian fugitive named Dmitri Firtash. 

Firtash is a Ukrainian oligarch who made his fortune in the gas industry by getting sweetheart deals from Russia on gas sold to Ukraine.  He is currently living in Vienna, fighting extradition to the US on different corruption charges.  Firtash paid Lev and Igor (remember "Fraud Guarantee) to help fight the extradition.  Fraud Guarantee hired Rudy for $500k to assist in that effort.  Firtash was Rudy's ultimate client in trying to get the DOJ to drop charges.  Firtash also hired Toensing and deGenova as his official attorneys in this effort, paying them about $1M.  

This has all been well documented since prior to the first impeachment.  It seems like foreign lobbyists laws are fairly messy, and previously not enforced well.  With Rudy, it seems fairly obvious he was lobbying Trump for a foreign agent.  I imagine with Toensing and deGenevo, it's a little trickier to distinguish "lobbying" and being a legal advocate.  But I am curious if they were a conduit for money flowing to Rudy.  Certainly Rudy would trust them more then Lev and Igor, and they would have some coverage under attorney-client protections.  When Rudy was paid by Lev and Igor, it was via a different law office.  

So, how did this all play into Ukrainian investigations of Biden and the firing of Maria Yovanovitch as ambassador.  My guess is that was a question of trading favors.  Firtash wanted charges dropped.  Trump wanted a Ukrainian investigation of Biden.  There were elements in Ukraine who wanted Maria fired because she was representing a foreign policy that would push them out of power.  Those Ukrainian elements (which didn't include PM Zelensky) gave interviews and implied an investigation was thwarted in Ukraine.  Trump fired Maria.  Rudy facilitated this for Firtash, because then Trump would owe a favor.  But, Trump never got an official, credible investigation.  Firtash didn't get a pardon.  And then Trump, with Rudy's involvement, pushed PM Zelensky to open an investigation by dangling military support as the motivator.  A lot of that is speculation on my part.  It's also possible that Rudy was getting paid by other actors, particularly around Ukraine's natural gas industry, that pushed some of this.  But as far as I know, Trump didn't pay Rudy for any of this, and I don't think Rudy was working for free.  Follow the money. 

This is pretty much my understanding of Rudy's connection to all of this as well.  I'd just add that Toensing, deGenevo, and John Solomon were all running a smoke screen for all of this BS on Fox News/The Hill to make it more politically acceptable for Trump to pardon Firtash and continue to push for a smear job on Biden.  I hope that T&G get popped for FARA violations as well.  I sure wish Barr's fuckery would be investigated in this shit too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just a data point on the Barr/Trump DOJ denying a Giuliani subpoena/search warrant.

The DOJ is generally hesitant to issue warrants and subpoenas to lawyers.  It generally requires "probable cause plus."  There are two reasons for that.  One is that a search warrant is bound to bring attorney client privileged material into the DOJ, recall the snit over such material in the Cohen case.  Although it didn't amount to anything in the Cohen case because he was a janitor or bag man more than a lawyer, it's a real issue a great deal of the time.  It's an administrative hassle and it could queer an ongoing investigation in another matter if potentially privileged material concerning another defendant comes into their hands.

The second is that the DOJ never wants to be perceived as going after a lawyer with politically unpopular clients.  Or as going through a lawyer to get to a client.

Obviously, all of this yields in the face of persuasive evidence of wrongdoing by the attorney in question.  But these are real, pre-Trump, pre-Barr policies that they will hide behind as a reason for blocking a Giuliani warrant or subpoena.  And because who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men, it will be difficult to prove otherwise.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

“Rudy Giuliani is a great patriot,” Trump told Maria Bartiromo. “He does these things — he just loves this country, and they raid his apartment. It’s, like, so unfair, and such a double — it’s like a double standard, like I don’t think anybody’s ever seen before.”

“Rudy loves this country so much,” Trump added. “It is so terrible when you see things that are going on in our country, with the corruption and the problems. And then they go after Rudy Giuliani. It’s very sad, actually,” said Trump. He didn’t specify what corruption or problems he was referring to.

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Does this man really have a law degree?

I wonder that myself, because this dipshit keeps wondering why the feds won't accept a hard drive from him.

It's almost like Rudy doesn't realize that even if it was Hunter's originally, the chain-of-evidence is so fucking corrupt because so many people have handled it, taken it around various places, etc., that Biden's lawyers would absolutely shred any prosecutors.

Shit, when I worked at CompUSA back in the 90s, anytime we had dealings with law enforcement over a customer's computer, we had to fill out paperwork on exactly where and how the hardware was stored, exactly who had access to that area, who worked on the drive, and a bunch of other stuff because defense attorneys would do everything they could to cast doubt on how files got to be on a computer.

And now we've got a situation with a hard drive that was handled by Russians, Rudy, various other people, traveled between states, possibly countries.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I totally believe him.

Well you see, the FBI is full of nothing but librools who only care about protecting Democrats.  Every single agent you see, is probably bi-sexual or pan-sexual or whatever, probably does drugs, is wearing a Che shirt under their vest, is still angry about Hillary losing. Every single one of them.

Seriously wish Rudy or Donnie would just start blasting the FBI in the media.

• Haha 1

I wonder that myself, because this dipshit keeps wondering why the feds won't accept a hard drive from him.
It's almost like Rudy doesn't realize that even if it was Hunter's originally, the chain-of-evidence is so fucking corrupt because so many people have handled it, taken it around various places, etc., that Biden's lawyers would absolutely shred any prosecutors.
Shit, when I worked at CompUSA back in the 90s, anytime we had dealings with law enforcement over a customer's computer, we had to fill out paperwork on exactly where and how the hardware was stored, exactly who had access to that area, who worked on the drive, and a bunch of other stuff because defense attorneys would do everything they could to cast doubt on how files got to be on a computer.
And now we've got a situation with a hard drive that was handled by Russians, Rudy, various other people, traveled between states, possibly countries.  

Yep, I used to do computer forensics. That would be as good as a boat anchor at that point
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Chooky said:

This notion will likely lead to multiple people, including a former president, sweating brown juice from their temples.

I'll believe it when I see it.  Been hearing about these cunts getting to the "finding out" phase for years.  Nada.  To paraphrase The Who; I won't get fooled again. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Bullneck said:

“Rudy Giuliani is a great patriot,” Trump told Maria Bartiromo. “He does these things — he just loves this country, and they raid his apartment. It’s, like, so unfair, and such a double — it’s like a double standard, like I don’t think anybody’s ever seen before.”

"It's like a double secret standard. Some are calling it a triple standard. Not all, but some."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It would be interesting if the FBI did refuse to take a hard drive if it was included in the scope of their warrant.

If Rudy had maintained any semblence of credibility over the years, one might believe his silly story about the agents knowingly avoiding the Hunter Biden hard drives and then refusing them when offered. His explanation about search warrants even further diminishes whatever molecular weight his credibility has. 

I also like that his son, holder of a Trump sinecure if I'm not mistaken, comes on and accuses others of not having impartial judgment regarding Rudy and Trump.

Idiot World Theater featuring the Flying Guillianis

Is his next rationale that the FBI didn't take the hard drives because the Biden Administration ordered the DOJ to order the FBI to do that so as to protect Hunter?  What's the angle here?  Wouldn't that just put the hard drives back into Rudy's control so that he can release them and truly damage Hunter?  Is there a third-party GeekSquad guy we can just turn them over to in the interest of national security? 

Even Trump's most adamant supporters would look a guy that's Rudy's age who couldn't properly google "Four Seasons Philadelphia" and think, "Yeah, I'm not sure he's the best tech guy on Team Trump to be in charge of these laptops.  I love the guy, he's a patriot.  But he seems like if I gave him a new iPhone 12, he'd just use it to calculate the tip at lunch."  

I could believe that the FBI would refuse Hunter's hard drive. (That's what she said...) If it's not relevant to a criminal investigation and Rudy is portraying it as Hunter's property, I don't believe they would have the right to actually do anything with it. 

Republicans are currently trying to figure how to paint Biden a fascist overlord using the DOJ for political reasons while at the same time continuing to paint Biden as a senile old puppet propped up by AOC and Harris. 

(While at the same time ignoring this investigation was started during Trumps administration)

fun times

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I could believe that the FBI would refuse Hunter's hard drive. (That's what she said...) If it's not relevant to a criminal investigation and Rudy is portraying it as Hunter's property, I don't believe they would have the right to actually do anything with it. 

That and Rudy completely destroyed the chain-of-evidence for it, making it useless.  But Rudy knows he destroyed the chain-of-evidence, and that it’s useless in court.  

50 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Rudy is going to pull out the Uncle Leo Defense first, though:

ded9a26d-beb2-4320-a189-ca6fa1361426_tex

his lawyers will use the same strategy as the my pillow guy lawyers defense team - our client is clearly insane !

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1