The Rudy Thread

Francisco 2.0

Will someone arrest this guy already 

To this end, Volker set up an introductory phone call on July 22, 2019 between himself, Yermak and Giuliani, according to Volker’s testimony during the impeachment proceedings. Novikov, unknown to Giuliani and Volker, sat next to Yermak and took notes.

Volker mentioned the phone call briefly in his testimony, saying that it was short and that he did not remember any discussion of Ukraine opening investigations. 

Novikov, however, said the call lasted more than 40 minutes, during which Giuliani spelled out what he wanted.

The Giuliani wish list, according to Novikov: Zelensky would publicly announce the launch of investigations into Burisma and allegations that Ukrainian officials conspired to interfere in the 2016 presidential elections.

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I can’t wait to hear Rudy’s retraction. (I know he won’t)

It's a Catch-22. Legally threatening their personal bank accounts is about the only thing that they care about that could potentially lead to a retraction. But retracting and basically admitting that you've been lying for Trump puts your future MAGA monies in jeopardy.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

It's a Catch-22. Legally threatening their personal bank accounts is about the only thing that they care about that could potentially lead to a retraction. But retracting and basically admitting that you've been lying for Trump puts your future MAGA monies in jeopardy.

Is Rudy going to get any future MAGA money?  Is Trump going to pay him going forward, when, in Trump's eyes, he failed Trump?  Rudy isn't campaigning, and he's on very thin ice if he tries to gin up some kind of new legal defense fund for Trump - no way Trump and Family would allow him control of any financial doings tied to Trump.

And if Rudy is nearly persona non grata at Fox News these days, and his master is banned from social media, seems like his opportunities are drying up.

And if you are a politician, do you want anything to do with Rudy, knowing the Dominion lawsuit is hanging over his head like a Sword of Damocles?

I think Rudy blinks and retracts.   For all of his shenanigans, and for everything he said outside of the courtroom, he was (mostly) somewhat careful in the courtroom not to repeat his crazier claims he made outside of the courtroom.  That shows an awareness that he knows (mostly) how far he can push things legally.   Didn't stop his witnesses from going off the reservation, but he himself was careful.

He's got Dominion squaring off with him, and a group of rich lawyers who hate his guts have now joined the chat.

And Donnie ain't going to pay for his legal defenses out of Trump money.  That's gotta sting.

On 1/30/2021 at 10:13 PM, NameAlreadyInUse said:

That last paragraph went hard into the paint!

That aged really well, given that was before the Smartmatic lawsuit.

And from that article, and others, it sounds like the Smartmatic people are going to be able to run a really long train on Rudy, Fox News, Powell, etc.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-giuliani-radio-show-disclaimer_n_601c6fa5c5b66c385ef7ef41

Rudy Giuliani got in a lather on his talk radio show Thursday when the station aired a lengthy disclaimer before his program. 

“The views, assumptions and opinions expressed by” former President Donald Trump’s personal attorney and “his guests and callers on his program are strictly their own, and do not necessarily represent the opinions, beliefs or policies of WABC Radio” and its owners, other hosts and advertisers, New York’s 77 Talk Radio WABC said in a message before Giuliani’s daily afternoon show.

A surprised Giuliani opened the program by saying, “I would have thought they would have told me about that before just doing what they just did. Rather insulting. And gives you a sense of how far this free speech thing has gone. And how they frighten everybody. I mean, we’re in America, we’re not in East Germany.

“They’ve got to warn you about me? I’m going to have to give that a lot of consideration. I also think putting it on without telling me ― not the right thing to do. Not the right thing to do at all.”

On 1/30/2021 at 7:08 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Is Rudy going to get any future MAGA money?  Is Trump going to pay him going forward, when, in Trump's eyes, he failed Trump?  Rudy isn't campaigning, and he's on very thin ice if he tries to gin up some kind of new legal defense fund for Trump - no way Trump and Family would allow him control of any financial doings tied to Trump.

And if Rudy is nearly persona non grata at Fox News these days, and his master is banned from social media, seems like his opportunities are drying up.

And if you are a politician, do you want anything to do with Rudy, knowing the Dominion lawsuit is hanging over his head like a Sword of Damocles?

I think Rudy blinks and retracts.   For all of his shenanigans, and for everything he said outside of the courtroom, he was (mostly) somewhat careful in the courtroom not to repeat his crazier claims he made outside of the courtroom.  That shows an awareness that he knows (mostly) how far he can push things legally.   Didn't stop his witnesses from going off the reservation, but he himself was careful.

He's got Dominion squaring off with him, and a group of rich lawyers who hate his guts have now joined the chat.

And Donnie ain't going to pay for his legal defenses out of Trump money.  That's gotta sting.

Rudy knows where a lot of Trump's skeletons are buried.  But he has no leverage anymore because his credibility is shot.  If he were to come clean on all his doings for Trump, no one would believe it, so he can't sell it in a book, or testify with any strength.  He's similar to Cohen in that regard.   

It's truly amazing how this reality show host has turned America on its ear and holds it hostage, and does so in ways that end up protecting himself while destroying, discrediting his enablers.  So many talk about how ignorant he is (and he is on many things), but he's approaching super-villain level intelligence when it comes to his agenda, which is solely promoting himself.  

9 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Rudy knows where a lot of Trump's skeletons are buried.  But he has no leverage anymore because his credibility is shot.  If he were to come clean on all his doings for Trump, no one would believe it, so he can't sell it in a book, or testify with any strength.  He's similar to Cohen in that regard.   

It's truly amazing how this reality show host has turned America on its ear and holds it hostage, and does so in ways that end up protecting himself while destroying, discrediting his enablers.  So many talk about how ignorant he is (and he is on many things), but he's approaching super-villain level intelligence when it comes to his agenda, which is solely promoting himself.  

I don't know if he had run earlier if the time was right for him to be as successful as he was in 2016 (Fox, social media, post Obama, etc) but that is what gets me: I think his brain is in decline and has been (the FTP type of dementia) for a couple of years, but with that, he is still scary good at what he does. Like I was arguing for Boebert: not book smart--he's not good with the written word at all--but cunning at knowing how to manipulate, etc like most narcissists. If he had his fifty or sixty year old brain, he would've gotten further along with that agenda of which you speak, but also at accomplishing the destruction of the government.

Agree on the loss of leverage for Rudy. He would have to take down more than Trump and there is no way that will be allowed to happen regardless.

Every time one of these idiots brings up free speech, I would love to ask them what they think the First Amendment says. Admittedly, I don't exactly have it memorized, but something tells me that my grasp of it is a little stronger than his, and I'm not even a world famous cousin fucker with a law degree.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

A surprised Giuliani opened the program by saying, “I would have thought they would have told me about that before just doing what they just did. Rather insulting. And gives you a sense of how far this free speech thing has gone.

You'd think that getting sued for a total of FOUR BILLION DOLLARS would clue you in on the subject of "free speech."

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Every time one of these idiots brings up free speech, I would love to ask them what they think the First Amendment says. Admittedly, I don't exactly have it memorized, 

All you have to know is the first five words of it.

CONGRESS.

SHALL.

MAKE.

NO.

LAW.

It's not complicated.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Every time one of these idiots brings up free speech, I would love to ask them what they think the First Amendment says. Admittedly, I don't exactly have it memorized, but something tells me that my grasp of it is a little stronger than his, and I'm not even a world famous cousin fucker with a law degree.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

wabc issuing a disclaimer at the beginning of whatever dumbfuck diatribe this moron was about to go on = the passage of a law by the united states congress prohibiting rudy giuliani from going on the radio to spew whatever dumbfuck diatribe this moron was about to go on to these mindless imbeciles.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I think he could sell a lot of books tbh. Same reason people rubberneck at nasty wrecks. 

18 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

A state (government) actor cannot limit free speech without a compelling reason (i.e. public safety, such as laws against yelling fire in crowded theatre). A private actor can limit the fuck out of free speech. 

We all know that.  We're not Republicans.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4