Work Gloves .. any of them worth a shit?

Loco

Bottom line, recognize that this is one of those things that won't last as long as you want & even though you want to keep old pairs around after they go hooey kablooey, you prob. just need to toss 'em & get a new pair.53afb26ed0d0460bcef9b2710250e31f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Markup at retail is insane.

I buy those from china for $29 a dozen landed after duties and tariffs.

31 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

So, around $ 2.50 per pair?  Identical product?

Yep. Its a commodity item so as the mfg'er margins are super compressed, so getting 25% out of them is outstanding. 

HD and Lowe's would land them for cheaper since they sell more (obviously).  They import themselves on many of those.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 10:04 AM, markstanco said:

Yep. Its a commodity item so as the mfg'er margins are super compressed, so getting 25% out of them is outstanding. 

HD and Lowe's would land them for cheaper since they sell more (obviously).  They import themselves on many of those.  

I usually pick them up at 2nd monday for $3 to $5 a pair for either goatskin, pigskin or cowhide.

• 4 months later...

Oh and to add, I actually like the Mechanix brand of gloves.  Well made.  Try to find a pair that is not made from any leather (synthetic leather is okay) so you can machine wash them.  I have a pair that is more of an extrication style, some level of puncture resistance on the palms.  Great for around the house stuff.