2019-20 NHL

C-Man

On 8/8/2020 at 8:48 AM, Gardner Barnes said:

Both OT games yesterday killed my betting day.

Too.4 teams in the lead play today. Should be a good show

I was wondering when you were going to say something. 

It's anyone's game this year. I don't know what to expect from the Stars. I don't know what to expect from anyone really. 

It's anyone's game this year. I don't know what to expect from the Stars. I don't know what to expect from anyone really. 

I’m all on the flyers to win this thing. No shit I know but they are hot as fuck.

I placed a +900 bet on the avs. But that was before I saw the flyers crush everyone.

Stars don’t look good obviously.They are the opposite of the flyers re momentum. They can’t score for shit. Reminds me of the hawks last two years. Not good.

Hawks have no chance against Vegas

Here is my thought on the next round

West winners

LV
Avs
Flames
Canucks (this is the only west series I am not confident about)

East Winners
Flyers
TB
Isles (yes seriously they are so underrated and have been all year)
Bruins

Flyers are hitting on all cylinders, including a hot and talented goalie with a very capable backup. Were playing really well before COVID and came right back the same way. Mostly healthy at the moment, very deep roster. So this being the NHL, within a week or two they'll probably be a complete mess.

Flyers are hitting on all cylinders, including a hot and talented goalie with a very capable backup. Were playing really well before COVID and came right back the same way. Mostly healthy at the moment, very deep roster. So this being the NHL, within a week or two they'll probably be a complete mess.

Perhaps. But I see echoes of last year’s blues. The work in the crease has been nothing short of outstanding.

I fucking hate Philly and all its teams so this is hard for me to acknowledge. But I think they will win the cup.

But I have been wrong before and could be wrong here.

16 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Are all games at the same stadium for the respective conferences? If they are, what happens if you have ot? Do they delay the start of the other game or have they scheduled around that?

BOS-CAR moved to 10am tomorrow!  Day drinking starts early!

Man the production value of these game is amazing.
Seems like a regular NHL playoff game when watching.
Nice job NHL.

Much better than I expected. I was not a fan of restarting but I’ve been pleasantly surprised. I still think the winner has an asterisk but oh well ...

Watching the Habs, it's nuts to see how different of a team they are than the Stars. Habs skate so fucking fast compared to Dallas. They're also looser with the puck but shit I wish the Stars would hustle like these guys every once in awhile. 
They're very small, though.

19 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Hart's a pretty good young goalie except every 3rd game or so when he sucks ass. Tonight's game was fun. Some good old fashioned dirty hockey there at the end. 

I'll put Hintz and Gurianov on the list of blazing fast. Miro and Klinger aren't exactly slow either. If you lose them in space it's going to cost you. 

The Habs and Philly series is getting better. 

14 hours ago, YChang said:

Nice to see the Canucks shake off that debacle of game 1. When they’re on... such good skating, so fun to watch. 

Not sure I'd say the Canucks were really on last night.  Vegas dominated them in the second (did I hear 50 shots attempted vs 21 in just the 2nd?), but didn't gain any ground, then looked like they panicked and shit the bed (that second Horvath goal where there were two guys behind the defense was just inexplicable for a good defensive team like Vegas).  

And now it's 2pm and time to day-drink and watch hockey!  I love WFH!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1