2019-20 NHL

C-Man

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Not sure I'd say the Canucks were really on last night.  Vegas dominated them in the second (did I hear 50 shots attempted vs 21 in just the 2nd?), but didn't gain any ground, then looked like they panicked and shit the bed (that second Horvath goal where there were two guys behind the defense was just inexplicable for a good defensive team like Vegas).  

And now it's 2pm and time to day-drink and watch hockey!  I love WFH!

Yeah they were outshot, but it was night and day in the energy, effort, and passing from the team. Canucks also won more face-offs in game 2 and guys were laying out to block shots left and right. With that said, I'm biased since I'm a Vancouver fan. 

We're gonna get stuck with a stinkin Tampa-Vegas Cup final.....unfortunately.  
Fanbases in Ontario, Alberta, and Manitoba deserve a Cup much more than the fans in places like Florida, Nevada and - sorry - Texas. Damn shame. 

Why do they deserve a cup?

12 hours ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:

The Isles are fun to watch. I don't think I've ever - in 40 years - met an Islanders fan outside of New York.....but I'm thinking they may have some fans this summer. 

Hopefully they can get past Philly and Tampa but I'm not expecting it. 

how so? they're one win away from putting Philly away. Pretty sure they've been the underdog in each of their series so far. They overachieve, if that's a thing. I think they're just coming on at the right time, like the Stars. Definitely a fun team to watch and anchored by really good goaltending.

I should of said not getting past Tampa. You're right that they're peaking at the right time. They're really clicking and playing disciplined right now (exception being that tripping call in the OT). But Tampa seems like the team this year.....as much as I hate to say that. Would love to see an Isles/Canucks final 

• Fuck You 1

The Isles give up a lot of shots, but hardly any really good scoring chances. Then they force a handful of turnovers with their forecheck to score 2-3 per game themselves and that's enough to win against most teams. It's impressive, but Tampa has enough talent to finish their chances and also better discipline to not turn it over.

The Flyers can't seem to put away enough of their decent chances. Big injuries last night on both sides, Couturier for PHI (looked like knee-to-knee contact) and Barzal for NYI (stick blade to the eye area). Probably won't know their status until game time.

Hard for me to believe the schedule shakes out to where you have to schedule a Game 7 at 3 pm on a weekday afternoon. Guess this is partly due to the 2-day shutdown for the Kenosha shooting?

This whole playoff has been far better than I ever would’ve expected and it’s definitely better than nothing, but this is nowhere near the same thing as chasing the Cup under normal circumstances.

Maybe they didn't want one team to have an extra day rest before conference finals, given both west series went the same length. And I assume the 5-hour gap between games is to allow for overtime(s).

I'm no expert, but I think the quality of play looks the same as past years. It sucks not to have fans, but it might help that the teams' practice and lodging has been consistent for weeks.

1 hour ago, Bartles said:

Maybe they didn't want one team to have an extra day rest before conference finals, given both west series went the same length. And I assume the 5-hour gap between games is to allow for overtime(s).

I'm no expert, but I think the quality of play looks the same as past years. It sucks not to have fans, but it might help that the teams' practice and lodging has been consistent for weeks.

It just isn't the same. There's no travel. A Cup run is normally a death march. This seems to hardly be that. No home-ice advantage for higher-seeded teams. I wonder if that's why we're seeing so many rallies from down 3-1 to force Game 7 in three different series. I think I heard that teams that go in front 3-1 win the series 90% of the time. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out today and tomorrow. Not to mention a couple of back-to-backs, which used to happen a time or two into the 1980's (maybe '90s) but would not happen today under normal circumstances.

24 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Am I wrong, or is the officiating a lot better?

Are they using as many crews as they normally would? If not, that could explain improvement if you're using fewer -- and better -- officials. I think the officiating was pretty sketchy early in the DAL-COL series.

• Like 1

Reeves has no skill other than being an enforcer. So he’ll never get the benefit of the doubt. McKinnon is one the 3 most talented players on the planet so they’ll give him more leash. 

I have no idea how Vegas isn’t winning this game. 

Reaves actually has more talent than he probably gets credit for but he is a notoriously dirty, massive fuckface.

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
30 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Reaves actually has more talent than he probably gets credit for but he is a notoriously dirty, massive fuckface.

Also, everyone is OK with fucking up Corey Perry because he's a douchenoggle.

Yeah, but he's our douchenoggle now. At least we're not having to root for Francois Beauchamin or Bryan Marchment!

Boy, is Dallas benefitting from adding some veteran leadership in that dressing room. 

Here's my prediction for the rest of the playoffs: 

The Canadians will continue to run a first-rate tournament with zero infections. 

Tampa will win the Cup over Vegas in six. 

The idiots in Florida will throw a massive championship parade with no masks or social distancing. Covid, be damned. 

• Fuck You 1

Boy, is Dallas benefitting from adding some veteran leadership in that dressing room. 
Here's my prediction for the rest of the playoffs: 
The Canadians will continue to run a first-rate tournament with zero infections. 
Tampa will win the Cup over Vegas in six. 
The idiots in Florida will throw a massive championship parade with no masks or social distancing. Covid, be damned. 

Yeah, I’m thinking it’s Tampa over Vegas at this point too.

3 minutes ago, vtaenz said:
46 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:
Man Tampa were bitches at the end here. 

hope these two beat the shit out of each other for 3 or 4 more games. 

That slash at the end was chicken shit.

It was. And it was preceded by some pretty aggressive hooking and followed by a cup check. 

Better change your password.  Someone seems to have hacked your account and is posting terribly stupid opinions.  

Sue me. I loved this color scheme (below) and logo (the “DALLAS” jerseys were a little dumb but the colors were great). I don’t like the new logo all that much but I think the white sweaters look much better. I wish the NHL would go back to white-at-home/color-on-the-road protocol.

49f79626aa2607a170bf9d0878ef1ac5.jpg

Sue me. I loved this color scheme (below) and logo (the “DALLAS” jerseys were a little dumb but the colors were great). I don’t like the new logo all that much but I think the white sweaters look much better. I wish the NHL would go back to white-at-home/color-on-the-road protocol.

These practice jerseys were okay. The black ones were shit. These were the template jerseys too. That's right, Dallas was so poor and basic that we couldn't do better than taking the shitty template jerseys Adidas provided and picking our colors. Nevermind that those shitty black jerseys had little to no green on them. They are up there with the mooterus as worst jersey in franchise history.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, vtaenz said:
23 hours ago, C-Man said:

These practice jerseys were okay. The black ones were shit. These were the template jerseys too. That's right, Dallas was so poor and basic that we couldn't do better than taking the shitty template jerseys Adidas provided and picking our colors. Nevermind that those shitty black jerseys had little to no green on them. They are up there with the mooterus as worst jersey in franchise history.

Reebok, I think.