TexArcher

Which ALDS series goes longer?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which ALDS series goes longer?

• Astros and Rays
    • Yankees and Twins
    • Same # of games for each

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Both in 3.  Could see Yankee pitching shitting the bed, but winning an 11-10 game anyways, so that series will be more competitive.  

I could also see Tampa setting a record for fewest runs scored in an LDS.  

I sat through these.  Consecutive years scoring 1 run.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/1998_ALDS2.shtml

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_American_League_Division_Series

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Yankees went 4-2 vs twinkies this year. Astros went 3-4 against the Rays.

That's not terribly relevant, though, to he honest. 

The Rays beat the Astros 3 out of 4 to open the season and the Astros have since added Yordan Alvarez and Zack Greinke.  Bregs and Altuve got off to a very slow start and now they've been hitting well for months.  Etc.  Beating Houston in March and October are very different things.  Especially when they just used up Charlie Morton last night and Snell is far from 100%.

Edited by TexArcher

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

No clue but some of yall fools been sleeping on the Twins all year.  

The Yankees have owned that ass in every postseason series they’ve played in. Don’t make a shit that the Twins hit a ton of homers, they’re the Yankees bitch & the series will last as long as the Yankees feel like making it last.

46 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The Yankees have owned that ass in every postseason series they’ve played in. Don’t make a shit that the Twins hit a ton of homers, they’re the Yankees bitch & the series will last as long as the Yankees feel like making it last.

How many of those other postseason series were this season?

The Braves used to own the Astros in the playoffs, but I don't hear anyone picking them to win the NL then beat the Astros in the World Series.

I'm not saying the Twins will beat the Yankees, but they should be able to make it interesting.

14 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

How many of those other postseason series were this season?

The Braves used to own the Astros in the playoffs, but I don't hear anyone picking them to win the NL then beat the Astros in the World Series.

I'm not saying the Twins will beat the Yankees, but they should be able to make it interesting.

Part of it is a mental thing. It’s one of the reasons Sharapova can’t beat Serena, why Michigan can’t beat Ohio State. The Twins have good players (Sano, Kepler, Barrios, Rosario) but they have no postseason experience. They don’t know how to finish in the clutch yet. The Yankees can name the score in each game. They have a significant talent advantage everywhere, and they’re experienced.

11 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Part of it is a mental thing. It’s one of the reasons Sharapova can’t beat Serena, why Michigan can’t beat Ohio State. The Twins have good players (Sano, Kepler, Barrios, Rosario) but they have no postseason experience. They don’t know how to finish in the clutch yet. The Yankees can name the score in each game. They have a significant talent advantage everywhere, and they’re experienced.

The dude you voted for for AL MVP is batting .150 in his postseason career. 

13 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The dude you voted for for AL MVP is batting .150 in his postseason career. 

How many of those postseasons took place in pinstripes? He’s a different player with NY. He has the winning DNA of the Yankees in him now. Plenty of examples of players coming in clutch once they joined NY. Burnett, Sabathia, & Teixera in 09 come to mind. 

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

No clue but some of yall fools been sleeping on the Twins all year.  

I just don’t believe in the twins at all in this spot. I don’t have a good reason, to be honest. I just think the Yankees win both games at home, twins win game 3, and we have a gentleman’s sweep 

How many of those postseasons took place in pinstripes? He’s a different player with NY. He has the winning DNA of the Yankees in him now. Plenty of examples of players coming in clutch once they joined NY. Burnett, Sabathia, & Teixera in 09 come to mind. 

But when those other guys got the Yankee DNA, it was George who bent them over the bench to inseminate them. Harold is only giving them half Yankee DNA.

suspect seriously GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

The current Yankees do have playoff experience, but it’s primarily in losing. So, advantage Yankees, I guess?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This thread will be hilarious to read back on come Monday night. I think the ALCS will be a 7 game dogfight. But I’m revising my prediction for this to Yankees in 3. Thought maybe the Twins might steal one but the more I think about it the less sense that makes.

I doubt too many people here give a shit about the Twins. 

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

The current Yankees do have playoff experience, but it’s primarily in losing. So, advantage Yankees, I guess?

Hey, the Yankees have won one out of their last three playoff series.  And that's taught them how to be winners and inject their DNA into the new guys.