Running up the score

BurntOrangeAss

So, y'all might remember Bob Stoops from 2008 who didn't mind running up scores on opponents as a way to impress the poll voters and did what he could do to make sure the land thieves got into the national championship game.  It worked for him, although the best team that year ended up in the Fiesta Bowl.  Do you think Herman will do what it takes to make sure the Horns can impress Pollsters to get us in the playoffs?  Or will he win respectfully?  As you know, Mack was too nice to do that, but Stoops didn't have any problem.  I don't think we'll have to worry about that this year, but starting in 2019, I fully expect us to competitive.  Thoughts?

• Fuck You 4

16 minutes ago, BurntOrangeAss said:

So, y'all might remember Bob Stoops from 2008 who didn't mind running up scores on opponents as a way to impress the poll voters and did what he could do to make sure the land thieves got into the national championship game.  It worked for him, although the best team that year ended up in the Fiesta Bowl.  Do you think Herman will do what it takes to make sure the Horns can impress Pollsters to get us in the playoffs?  Or will he win respectfully?  As you know, Mack was too nice to do that, but Stoops didn't have any problem.  I don't think we'll have to worry about that this year, but starting in 2019, I fully expect us to competitive.  Thoughts?

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I'd like to have an offense capable of running up the score consistently on P5 opponents, first.
Having said that, I think so. See the 2017 Texas Bowl.

This here. He might not go all out once the game is well in hand, but he’s not gonna turtle up like Mack did.

32 minutes ago, BurntOrangeAss said:

Thoughts?

stoops enjoys a bag of dicks. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BurntOrangeAss said:

Let me preface this by stating you did ask for my thoughts, which was a mistake. That being said...

I think you’re post is fucking retarded. It is moronic and at best, a thinly veiled attempt to troll the board. Asking about the willingness of a current coach to run up the score with a team that struggles to score any points is a question that should get you crowd banned and all thread privileges revoked. If it was a serious post, you should read the board for a while until you post again, at least until you graduate high school 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Let me preface this by stating you did ask for my thoughts, which was a mistake. That being said...

I think you’re post is fucking retarded. It is moronic and at best, a thinly veiled attempt to troll the board. Asking about the willingness of a current coach to run up the score with a team that struggles to score any points is a question that should get you crowd banned and all thread privileges revoked. If it was a serious post, you should read the board for a while until you post again, at least until you graduate high school 

I think what you are trying to say is...  "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I think what you are trying to say is...  "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it."

Image result for pointing up gif

18 hours ago, BurntOrangeAss said:

baby-poop.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, BurntOrangeAss said:

It certainly didn't hurt OU in 2008 when they won 11 out of their 12 regular season games, which seems to be a slight issue with us lately. I could be wrong, but I'd think simply winning more than 7 fucking games would be in immediate order and we can talk about running up scores way later.

6 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

It certainly didn't hurt OU in 2008 when they won 11 out of their 12 regular season games, which seems to be a slight issue with us lately. I could be wrong, but I'd think simply winning more than 7 fucking games would be in immediate order and we can talk about running up scores way later.

Some of you are soooooo demanding!

Fuck yeah he will. A good offense capable of doing that at Texas would be like a guy near death from thirst finding a natural spring. He will go pedal to the metal till the whistle blows even if it's with the backup QB.

Edited by dad

I have it on good authority that Bob Stoops hates puppies and Jesus.

As for your question, I think that Tom is somewhere in between Bob and Mack on the asshole scale. I don't think he'll pass it when we are up 4 TDs with minutes left, but I dont think he'll kneel the ball in favor of giving a RB a chance to score.