Bikini on Blast - this one tits close to home

Bert Orange

Wood...

https://news.yahoo.com/job-applicant-outraged-company-shares-171030253.html

A job applicant shared her outrage on social media after a company she applied to shared one of her personal Instagram posts along with a "PSA" to future prospects.   

Emily Clow, a 24-year-old from Austin, Texas, recently applied for a marketing coordinator internship at Kickass Masterminds, an Austin-based marketing company founded and primarily run by women that says it is "hell-bent on helping entrepreneurs grow businesses faster than they could on their own." 

Clow says shortly after filling out an online application, she was prompted to follow the company's Instagram account "for an advantage over other applicants." When she did so, she says she was shocked to find a photo of herself in a swimsuit on the company's story, along with a piece of unsolicited advice.

"PSA (because I know some of you applicants are looking at this)," the company wrote over Clow's photo. "Do not share your social media with a potential employer if this is the kind of content on it. I am looking for a potential marketer–not a bikini model."

"Go on with your bad self and do whatever in private," it added. "But this is not doing you any favors in finding a professional job."

Angered by the post, Clow sent a screenshot of the company's story to SheRatesDogs, a popular Twitter account that features user-submitted content highlighting unsolicited advances, threats and demeaning insults women experience on social media.

The account shared the photo on Monday, where it has since racked up over 51,000 likes and more than 5,800 retweets.

"This girl applied for an internship at a company, and they put up this screenshot of her in a bikini on their company Instagram, publicly telling everybody they wouldn’t hire her because of this photo," it wrote.

Since the exchange went viral, the company has been forced to take down its social accounts, podcast page and website "because of continued, numerous death threats and thousands of harassing messages," Kickass Masterminds CEO Sara Christensen told In The Know.

Contrary to what SheRatesDogs wrote on Twitter, Christensen said Clow has not been "disqualified" over the bikini image "at all."

"There was no communication to her saying she was disqualified," the CEO said via email. "I have an email communication from her yesterday still expressing interest in the position after the post."

In an Oct. 1 email, which Christensen shared with In The Know, Clow resent her résumé and cover letter and said she hoped to hear from the company soon in regards to the open position. She also asked that the company, "please take down the picture of me from your Insta story," a request Christensen said she honored "immediately."

When asked about the inspiration behind the social media "PSA," Christensen declined to comment.  

Following the debacle, Clow took to Twitter to share that she was still "baffled" by the company's action but also astounded by the support she received on social media after sharing her story.

Edited by Bert Orange
  • Like 1

I agree with the company on their decision not to hire her. She will be a pain in the ass. However, the company would have been smarter to just trash her application. Teaching people lessons, especially people who don't want to learn, is futile. Are her internet followers white knighting, looking for dates, or truly outraged? Also, I'm not clear whether Emily was publicly shamed or directed to a private link.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Count me as not understanding what is wrong with the photo.

HOW DARE SHE share a photo on her social media of her on vacation! This is America, we don't get to take vacations.  You work your 50 hours a week at middling pay and like it. 

But yeah, don't share your Instagram with potential employers.  Share your fake Instagram instead - the one where you're always studying, reading books, volunteering, etc. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

HOW DARE SHE share a photo on her social media of her on vacation! This is America, we don't get to take vacations.  You work your 50 hours a week at middling pay and like it. 

But yeah, don't share your Instagram with potential employers.  Share your fake Instagram instead - the one where you're always studying, reading books, volunteering, etc. 

So weird. If i had a photo of myself playing golf on my instagram, and i applied for this company and they found it, would they try to shame me for it?

"We're looking for a professional marketer-- not some Tiger Woods wannabe!"

38 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I agree with the company on their decision not to hire her. She will be a pain in the ass. However, the company would have been smarter to just trash her application. Teaching people lessons, especially people who don't want to learn, is futile. Are her internet followers white knighting, looking for dates, or truly outraged? Also, I'm not clear whether Emily was publicly shamed or directed to a private link.

And I'm not a lawyer or anything, but it seems like they might be opening themselves to EEOC liability

50 minutes ago, Bevo said:

IMO, the photo was fine. Sharing social media with potential employers is stupid.

I've told my kids to have two accounts on every social media site. One is with their real name and has pretty much just family as friends, followers, etc. and is for work appropriate content. They are told to actually post things to those accounts so there's a history, etc.

The other is with some nickname their friends know them by and zero links to their real name or account. That's the one they put their actual lives on.

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I've told my kids to have two accounts on every social media site. One is with their real name and has pretty much just family as friends, followers, etc. and is for work appropriate content. They are told to actually post things to those accounts so there's a history, etc.

The other is with some nickname their friends know them by and zero links to their real name or account. That's the one they put their actual lives on.

If Emily was your daughter, she would argue with you and tell you that she has nothing to hide and if a company wanted to reject her because of some bikini pics that it wasn't a place she wanted to work, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

If Emily was your daughter, she would argue with you and tell you that she has nothing to hide and if a company wanted to reject her because of some bikini pics that it wasn't a place she wanted to work, anyway.

Imagining her coworkers running into her in the break room.....haha

tenor.gif?itemid=5292047

10 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

The most interesting part of the story to me is how a “marketing company” could be stupid enough to post that. 

This.  I'd bet Sarah fancies herself as a "professional" and wants to be a player among "professional" marketing firms and not just a group of sloot influencers.  So if she doesn't like certain things about prospective employees she should tell candidates privately that their social media posts should meet company dress code/standard to be considered.

Obviously she is not a great marketer, so she gets what she deserves.  She failed marketing 101 by not getting the message across to a group of people effectively.   

Edited by RollLeft

what was wrong with that pic?  was it because it showed underboob as opposed to cleavage?  what's the fucking difference?  so if a dude had instagram pics of him in a boardshort holding a beer on a beach, that would be grounds for shaming by the company he's applying to?

the fact that it was a mostly women company shaming on another woman wearing a bikini as some sort of bullshit life lesson perplexes the shit out of me?  do they only hire vestal virgins with chastity belts?

23 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

She should have known that Kickass Masterminds upholds the highest standards. 

I wonder if they do marketing for World Class Holdings.  Who needs WeWork when you have the unstoppable power of Kickass Masterminds and World Class Holdings.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

This.  I'd bet Sarah fancies herself as a "professional" and wants to be a player among "professional" marketing firms and not just a group of sloot influencers.  So if she doesn't like certain things about prospective employees she should tell candidates privately that their social media posts should meet company dress code/standard to be considered.

Obviously she is not a great marketer, so she gets what she deserves.  She failed marketing 101 by not getting the message across to a group of people effectively.   

Before you hate on Sara, she may not be the chaste lesbian you think. It is quite possible that she is a hottie.

https://www.facebook.com/sara.alison.christensen/about?lst=543384278%3A1782651420%3A1570112888

https://www.thepitchqueen.com/episode-026-sara-christensen-tells-us-time-stop-worrying-others-think/

Or for the link challenged: Episode_026_Sara_Christensen.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

what was wrong with that pic?  was it because it showed underboob as opposed to cleavage?  what's the fucking difference?  so if a dude had instagram pics of him in a boardshort holding a beer on a beach, that would be grounds for shaming by the company he's applying to?

the fact that it was a mostly women company shaming on another woman wearing a bikini as some sort of bullshit life lesson perplexes the shit out of me?  do they only hire vestal virgins with chastity belts?

Women are the most judgmental against other women. 

20 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Before you hate on Sara, she may not be the chaste lesbian you think. It is quite possible that she is a hottie.

https://www.facebook.com/sara.alison.christensen/about?lst=543384278%3A1782651420%3A1570112888

https://www.thepitchqueen.com/episode-026-sara-christensen-tells-us-time-stop-worrying-others-think/

Pitch queen sounds like lesbo strap on stuff 

I give it a 94.47% chance that she has taken at least 6.33 loads to her face.
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I give it a 94.47% chance that she has taken at least 6.33 loads to her face.

In that GnR tank top picture she slightly resembles Heather Locklear, who is a well-documented advocate of taking loads to the face, so it all checks out.

• Like 1